This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ChaosArchon View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure if I am a major fan of unique First Age power armor being reduced to armor with evocations. What's so special about Lookshy's first age armors when the Realm has way more artifact armors with likely just as many evocations?
    The fact that Lookshy can field mortal gunzoshas who are capable of using the Evocations of their power armor.

That's personal opinion of course I guess, I was wondering is whether there are plans for big behemoths for us to fight with our shiny new warstriders? Will we be getting higher scale enemies in Adversaries of the Righteous and Hundred Devils Parade, or is E3 the highest we'll see in these two books?
    I've written a high-end behemoth for Hundred Devils Night Parade.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by CharonFerryman View Post
      If an Essence 3 Solar uses Wake The Sleeper to awaken a lot of evocations, even Essence 4 Evocations, do those Evocations stay banked until the Solar reaches Essence 4?
      If the Storyteller lets them unlock Evocations beyond their Essence, then they'd stay "dormant" until the Solar reaches the Essence minimum needed to awaken them.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        There's not a place for gunzosha-lite, but that doesn't mean ashigaru armor can't exist at all.
        Would socketing a hearthstone into such armor do anything to reduce the mortal cost of using it?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

The fact that Lookshy can field mortal gunzoshas who are capable of using the Evocations of their power armor.
          But wouldn't it be better to just let your DB use said power armor instead? Or does Lookshy have such a lack of DBs that they need to use mortals to use their armor?

Or put another way, what's more powerful or useful: A DB with artifact armor, or a mortal with artifact armor + a DB without artifact armor.

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
          Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
          Some Lintha QCs
          A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

• As I've said in another thread, there probably needs to be some reason that giving gunzosha armour to mortal soldiers is more beneficial than wearing it themselves. Is there some aspect of the armour that makes it not worth it?

Comment

• Originally posted by TDS View Post
              But wouldn't it be better to just let your DB use said power armor instead? Or does Lookshy have such a lack of DBs that they need to use mortals to use their armor?

Or put another way, what's more powerful or useful: A DB with artifact armor, or a mortal with artifact armor + a DB without artifact armor.
              Look at it the other way: Lookshy has enough artifact armor for its Dragon-Blooded to go into battle wearing it, and to field mortal gunzosha corps. Two great tastes that go great together.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is gunzosha a 5 dot artifact or it can go from 3 to N/A?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaddar View Post
                  Is gunzosha a 5 dot artifact or it can go from 3 to N/A?
                  Haven't written up specific mechanics for it, but I don't think it merits a five-dot rating.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Look at it the other way: Lookshy has enough artifact armor for its Dragon-Blooded to go into battle wearing it, and to field mortal gunzosha corps. Two great tastes that go great together.
                    In addition, while all of Lookshy's Dragon-Blooded are combat-trained, not all are fighting on the front lines. A mortal officer or champion may be a better choice to wear gunzosha armor than a Dragon-Blooded bureaucrat, diplomat, merchant, or spy.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaddar View Post
                      Will the 3CD that may see the light of the day in Hundred Devils be like Octavian, with a page full of spirit charms, or like 1ed where it was all fluff, and we gave them powers that fit that narrative.
                      Full stats, including Charms.

Originally posted by Shaddar View Post
                      If it has charms, does any one of those has the eclipse keyword?
                      One of its Charms has the Eclipse Keyword. (It's possible that that will change during development, but it's unlikely.)

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Is there religious tension between the 7th Legion and the rest of the River Province? Or internal religious conflict because Command’s alliances (particularly with Great Forks and Sijan) conflict with doctrine? Or does the Immaculate Faith doctrine simply not concern itself with the worship of gods and ancestors by mortals the way the Immaculate Order’s doctrine does?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• On the subject of third circle demons, how likely are we to see stats for Ligier in this edition?

Comment

• While obviously any given character has their own agenda and loyalties, in terms of social expectation, is a married male Dynast assumes politically aligned with their mother’s or the wife’s House?

For context, the social expectation in European history has obviously usually been for a woman to be loyal to her husband’s house over her father’s (not that that was always the reality) - but of course medieval Europe generally speaking had less female autonomy than the Realm does male autonomy

In past editions, Ledaal Kes usually comes up in relation to House Ledaal’s ambitions, but from what’s been said on this thread about Realm marriages, I’m getting the impression he would be more seen as Ragara aligned (while obviously working his own mechanations)...
                            Last edited by glamourweaver; 01-09-2018, 02:49 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                              Is there religious tension between the 7th Legion and the rest of the River Province? Or internal religious conflict because Command’s alliances (particularly with Great Forks and Sijan) conflict with doctrine? Or does the Immaculate Faith doctrine simply not concern itself with the worship of gods and ancestors by mortals the way the Immaculate Order’s doctrine does?
                              Unlike the Realm's Immaculate Philosophy, Lookshy's Immaculate Faith doesn't try to actively proscribe the direct worship of specific gods across the Scavenger Lands. This is both a doctrinal difference and a pragmatic political compromise. There are hardline adherents of the Faith that don't like this state of affairs, but they're a minority.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Phoenix_Kensai View Post
                                On the subject of third circle demons, how likely are we to see stats for Ligier in this edition?
                                Pretty good, I think.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X