This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
    As Gorilla's can gain dots in Martial Arts via training, could a gorilla or ape form lunar use Martial arts while in animal form?
    Probably not. Right now, the plan is that Martial Arts can't be used in animal forms, and there are certain benefits you can only get while in animals forms. I'm wary of creating an exception that could let you access both.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
      Do you feel like Raksha Intimacy-eating would also erase memories?

Like if a Raksha ate someone's fear of the Raksha, he's also eating her memories of him? Or at least of the things he did which inspired her fear.
      Not generally, though that might be a power possessed by some raksha.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Seagull View Post
        So it's been stated that the vast majority of marriages are inter-house, and the baseline assumption is that any married man will be more loyal to their wife's (and therefore children's) house than their birth house.

Also that typically young unmarried men won't be given any important positions, since they'll probably be married out.

Combined with the general bias in favour of women for positions of power in the Realm's culture, does this mean that the typical breakdown of exalted officers in a house-controlled legion (for the sake of this example Sesus) is something like 50% Sesus women mainly in the upper echelons, 40% non-Sesus men in the lower echelons, and maybe 10% Sesus men spread throughout?
        It's one thing for society to assume that husbands will be loyal to their wives' houses; it's another thing to assume that your daughter's husband will remain loyal when your house and his house go to war. And who knows how the houses will align in the anticipated civil war? Where and if married male officers serve in either house's legions is assessed on a case-by-case basis. (Dragon-Blooded: What Fire Has Wrought doesn't supply hard numbers on proportions.)

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• The wording of unsurpassed sight is confusing me. What penalty, if any, does a solar with keen sight, enhanced by unsurpassed sight, have during combat in a pitch black room? All other senses have no impositions on them.

Comment

• Couple of questions,
            First, I can't remember and can't seem to find a definite answer to this, but can mortals learn the first charm of Silver-voiced nightingale style(Voice of the Night Bird)? It is a charm, but doesn't require any motes. Would it be possible for them to learn it and then the rest of the tree is out of their reach, or is it just a "mortals can't learn charms regardless of if it needs no motes".
            Second, I have been looking at Tabletop Simulator and was thinking of making Exalted themed mods. Is there any official rules on what materials could be used in such mods? Or, better yet, is there any plan to make an official TTS Exalted mod?

Hi, I'm Smiles With Fangs. I backed Exalted 3rd edition, but I can't make the image I have smaller so here's a kitten

I made some Liminal Charms here I made some Evocations for Wood Dragon's Claws here I'm working on a splat for the Moonsilver Warriors here

Comment

• Originally posted by deadnite3 View Post
              The wording of unsurpassed sight is confusing me. What penalty, if any, does a solar with keen sight, enhanced by unsurpassed sight, have during combat in a pitch black room? All other senses have no impositions on them.
              In a zero visibility environment, you're effectively blind, which is a -3 penalty.

Unsurpassed Sight Discipline lets you treat that pitch black room, or similar environments, as though it were only dense fog, lowering that penalty down to -2 or lower, as determined by the Storyteller.

Keen Sight Technique reduces the difficulty of sight-based rolls in dense fog and similar conditions by 1, and removes the -1 penalty to detect hidden threats in such environments. With Unsurpassed Sight Discipline up, you'd also receive these benefits in a zero visibility environment.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by SmilesWithFangs View Post
                Couple of questions,
                First, I can't remember and can't seem to find a definite answer to this, but can mortals learn the first charm of Silver-voiced nightingale style(Voice of the Night Bird)? It is a charm, but doesn't require any motes. Would it be possible for them to learn it and then the rest of the tree is out of their reach, or is it just a "mortals can't learn charms regardless of if it needs no motes".
                Mortals can't learn Martial Arts Charms, full stop.

At some point, when we give mortal martial artists some love, we'll find a way to give Nightingale stylists access to a kiai attack.

Second, I have been looking at Tabletop Simulator and was thinking of making Exalted themed mods. Is there any official rules on what materials could be used in such mods? Or, better yet, is there any plan to make an official TTS Exalted mod?
                We don't answer any legal questions.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Do you see any issues in making the Kiai charm a 3 or 4 dot merit that has the same prerequisites?
                  Last edited by Elfive; 01-10-2018, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    Mortals can't learn Martial Arts Charms, full stop.

At some point, when we give mortal martial artists some love, we'll find a way to give Nightingale stylists access to a kiai attack.

We don't answer any legal questions.
                    Ok, thank you.
                    I take it that's a 'no' on you guys making an Exalted Tabletop Simulator mod?

Hi, I'm Smiles With Fangs. I backed Exalted 3rd edition, but I can't make the image I have smaller so here's a kitten

I made some Liminal Charms here I made some Evocations for Wood Dragon's Claws here I'm working on a splat for the Moonsilver Warriors here

Comment

• Originally posted by SmilesWithFangs View Post

Ok, thank you.
                      I take it that's a 'no' on you guys making an Exalted Tabletop Simulator mod?
                      I have no idea either way.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                        Do you see any issues in making the Kiai charm a 3 or 4 dot merit that has the same prerequisites?
                        I don't think it'd be overpowered.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Stebtabulous View Post
                          Forgot to ask something about Heart-Eclipsing Shroud in my last bout of questions about that tree. The final text says "Motes spent activating this effect are not committed: reverting to her true Intimacies or changing to another persona requires that she use the Charm again." When you get up to "Hundred-Faced Stranger" you now have the potential of losing access to that Charm if your persona is not a social savant. Was it the intention to require Socialize 5 in all these personas lest they lose access to the ability to get out of this form or was it intended that this Charm was always available to every persona regardless of their Socialize score.
                          hey - just re-posting this question since I didn't see a response (maybe I missed it)

Comment

• Separate question about custom artifacts and hearthstone sockets:

Maybe I missed this in Arms of the Chosen, but I didn't see any guidance or tips on choosing the number of hearthstone sockets when you design your own artifact. I assumed it had to do with Artifact level but I saw a wide range (from 0 - 3) at Artifact 3, so that doesn't seem to be the case. Can you provide insight into what you were basing the number of hearthstone sockets on when designing the new ones?

I have a player in my game who really wants 2 sockets in his Artifact. Coming at this topic from another perspective, outside of potentially looking ridiculous, is there any real unbalancing that occurs when you have more hearthstone sockets in an Artifact? Otherwise, is this limit meant to encourage something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stebtabulous View Post
                              Separate question about custom artifacts and hearthstone sockets:

Maybe I missed this in Arms of the Chosen, but I didn't see any guidance or tips on choosing the number of hearthstone sockets when you design your own artifact. I assumed it had to do with Artifact level but I saw a wide range (from 0 - 3) at Artifact 3, so that doesn't seem to be the case. Can you provide insight into what you were basing the number of hearthstone sockets on when designing the new ones?

I have a player in my game who really wants 2 sockets in his Artifact. Coming at this topic from another perspective, outside of potentially looking ridiculous, is there any real unbalancing that occurs when you have more hearthstone sockets in an Artifact? Otherwise, is this limit meant to encourage something?
                              I asked this a while back. Can't find the response, but the general gist was "just kind of eyeball it unless there's some mechanical effect on the evocations like with Fist of the Titans"

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                                Banked successes/dice should be treated as a bonus from Charms unless they explicitly state otherwise in their text.

They're added to the roll, rather than replacing it.
                                This means that if i roll more than 2 successes (if i roll 3s i should bank 6) on the roll for Living Shadow Preparedness i will automatically lose some number of banked success (it says i can use it for a "single" larceny or stealth roll, so i assume it will be 1time per activation)?

actually an essence 2 exalted will roll a lot more successes than 2...

is this just a kind of prepaid/delayed excellency that excanges 1WP for 6m?

Comment

Working...
                                X