Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm trying to get a better Idea for how fast you can go outside of combat, I was wondering how many range bands can you cross per turn when you aren't in combat?
    We homebrewed that your max speed in mph outside of combat worked well as "(Dexterity + Athletics + Specialty + *Relevant Modifiers*) x2" Which works out to a top speed of 24mph before stunts, willpower, or charms, which is damn close to Usain Bolts record of 27-28mph.

I was trying to work out how much of a speed boost Racing Hare method and its ilk are, but I don't know how many range bands you can cover unassisted.

Comment

• Originally posted by MobiusHero View Post
      I'm trying to get a better Idea for how fast you can go outside of combat, I was wondering how many range bands can you cross per turn when you aren't in combat?
      If you're using range bands to track movement outside of combat—which is sometimes reasonable, when maneuvering and positioning is important but no one's trying to stab each other—you move one range band per turn, just like in combat.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Cool so RHM is basically tripling your base speed then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

They're giant lakes. One of them, Lake Makrata, is the stomping grounds of the Seven Storms Brotherhood, a band of outcastes covered in Dragon-Blooded: What Fire Has Wrought.
          Is that a Magi nod? *delight*

Comment

• What's the longest a Solar has lasted prior to the Time of Tumult and the breaking of the Jade Prison, either evading or winning against the Wyld Hunt? Are there Solars around "now" who were Exalted prior to the breaking of the Jade Prison?

Comment

• How does the ghost population of the Underworld compare to the living population of Creation? Since ghosts are theoretically eternal, are there more of them? Or is the ghostly "death rate" of entering Lethe/falling into the Void/getting smelted into Soulsteel high enough to keep it even, or give the living a higher number?

Also, slightly unrelated question, how do you pronounce "Lethe"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Knurlurzhad View Post
                Also, slightly unrelated question, how do you pronounce "Lethe"?
                "Lee-thee". I know this is Ask the Devs, but Lethe is a real-world reference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verzio View Post

"Lee-thee". I know this is Ask the Devs, but Lethe is a real-world reference.
                  Ahh, I'd been pronouncing it "L-eh-thay", but always figured that wasn't right. Thanks!

Comment

• I'd been pronouncing it "Leff". Apparently it sounds like "leafy".

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                      What's the longest a Solar has lasted prior to the Time of Tumult and the breaking of the Jade Prison, either evading or winning against the Wyld Hunt? Are there Solars around "now" who were Exalted prior to the breaking of the Jade Prison?
                      I think that's better left up to the Storyteller than pinned down with the cruel iron needles of canon.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

How does the ghost population of the Underworld compare to the living population of Creation? Since ghosts are theoretically eternal, are there more of them? Or is the ghostly "death rate" of entering Lethe/falling into the Void/getting smelted into Soulsteel high enough to keep it even, or give the living a higher number?
                        We're not going to get into precise demographics for the living or the dead. I imagine whatever the current ghostly population is, it's still inflated because of the massive death toll of the Great Contagion.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Canon has managed to nail down at least one pre-breaking solar though: The Bull of the North.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            We're not going to get into precise demographics for the living or the dead. I imagine whatever the current ghostly population is, it's still inflated because of the massive death toll of the Great Contagion.
                            Actually, that made me think of something else. Is the amount of souls in Creation static? Since ghosts are the high and/or low souls refusing to reincarnate, do more ghosts mean less potential souls for new mortals? Or is there some force constantly putting out new ones?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                              Canon has managed to nail down at least one pre-breaking solar though: The Bull of the North.
                              Oh, I misread that part of the question - yes, there definitely are small numbers of Solars who weren't caught in the Jade Prison.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Actually, that made me think of something else. Is the amount of souls in Creation static? Since ghosts are the high and/or low souls refusing to reincarnate, do more ghosts mean less potential souls for new mortals? Or is there some force constantly putting out new ones?
                                The best reckoning of Exalted savants has never found any evidence that there's a static number of human souls.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X