Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also isn't having a fixed number of souls why the dragon kings got almost wiped out during the war?

Comment

• Is Jade Prison even still a thing, since the game seems to emphasize the Sun turning his face away from Creation?

Comment

• Yes, it is:
        Most of the Solars were murdered and their Essences
        sealed away in a jade prison—for such was their power
        that they could reincarnate upon death.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
          Also isn't having a fixed number of souls why the dragon kings got almost wiped out during the war?
          Dragon Kings aren't human for one.

And stuff.
          My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Craft Houserules

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
            Also isn't having a fixed number of souls why the dragon kings got almost wiped out during the war?
            Dragon King souls are different.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Morty View Post
              Is Jade Prison even still a thing, since the game seems to emphasize the Sun turning his face away from Creation?
              It's still a thing, although perhaps not one that would have worked if it weren't for the Sun turning his face.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Didn’t find a question about this, on the the other hand the search function of the forums is not your friend usually, so I’ll throw it up in the air.

First of all I am not entirely sure will you still go with the prewieved Abyssals, that is them gainingCharms tied to their Liege Deathlord Etc.

But the actual question is will Dimming of the Light Void Circle spell still exists? Or is it no longer within Necromancys, and Abyssals, conceptual space?

And for another question, this time from second edition Abyssals, will they still have Charms that untangle them from their Deathlords and pledge them straigh to the sleeping Neverborn ala Immortal Malevolence Enslavement?
                Last edited by Possessed; 01-11-2018, 05:50 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Originally posted by Possessed View Post
                  First of all I am not entirely sure will you still go with the prewieved Abyssals, that is them gainingCharms tied to their Liege Deathlord Etc.
                  We'll be going with the previewed concept, but it's not that Abyssals gain Charms based on the Deathlord they serve. Rather, as Abyssal Charms branch out and develop, they emulate the themes and powers of the Deathlords, much as those of the Solars emulate the Unconquered Sun. An Abyssal who serves the Mask of Winters (or no Deathlord at all!) is free to take Charms that invoke the themes of the Silver Prince or the First and Forsaken Lion.

But the actual question is will Dimming of the Light Void Circle spell still exists? Or is it no longer within Necromancys, and Abyssals, conceptual space?
                  Not sure.

And for another question, this time from second edition Abyssals, will they still have Charms that untangle them from their Deathlords and pledge them straigh to the sleeping Neverborn ala Immortal Malevolence Enslavement?
                  You won't need a Charm to do that.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Based on your own personal interpretation of the solar charm set would you put the training of people into a certain stat block like the War and Sail charms that do so as specific to War and Sail with Lore covering the rest or would versions of those charms also be possible to exist within the purview of other ability charm blocks like Performance allowing you to train actors and musicians or Larceny being able to train a gang of thieves?

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                      would versions of those charms also be possible to exist within the purview of other ability charm blocks like Performance allowing you to train actors and musicians or Larceny being able to train a gang of thieves?
                      For those specific examples, I think it'd make sense, but I don't think that logic would carry over to every Ability.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        For those specific examples, I think it'd make sense, but I don't think that logic would carry over to every Ability.
                        Got yeah. I guess it would cover Skills that could possibly cover management of their own skills are in that wheelhouse. Things Like Bureaucracy, Medicine, Performance, War, and Sail are to an extent covered in that while more personal character skills like most of the Dawn abilities would not. be

Comment

• Stephen Lea Sheppard has a great old post about the kinds of Abilities you're talking about, WalkingEye.

Glorious Solar Kitten

Comment

• Do charms/evocations whose only effect is to reduce initiative do anything to battle groups? (I.e. The evocation for Fist of Titans, Mammoth Slam Quake)

Comment

• Can Abyssals still become Solars?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                                Can Abyssals still become Solars?
                                It's a compelling narrative.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X