This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    It's still a thing, although perhaps not one that would have worked if it weren't for the Sun turning his face.
    Ah, but the real question is whether the Sun turned his face back to Creation because the Jade Prison was broken or the Jade Prison was broken because the Sun turned his face back to Creation. =p

Comment

• How would Vanishing From Mind’s Eye Method interact with someone using Sozen, the Cataphract of Keys? Obviously people would forget the Exalt, but would they also forget the character Sozen or would people remember the character?

Sozen is just so very ripe with character potential and either way works great for entirely different reasons.

Comment

• How do you guys feel about untargetted gambits? Basically something requiring an initiative roll to succeed at because it has some significant effect, but it isn't necessarily tied to a specific target. Is that a mechanic you guys see as viable, or is there any reason to avoid designing things like that?

Comment

The origin of the Underworld is not the same as it was in past editions.
          Innnnnteresting. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by VioletDreamer View Post
            How do you guys feel about untargetted gambits? Basically something requiring an initiative roll to succeed at because it has some significant effect, but it isn't necessarily tied to a specific target. Is that a mechanic you guys see as viable, or is there any reason to avoid designing things like that?
            I don't see where or how one would use such a mechanic, but that doesn't mean someone else can't come up with a good way to use it.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Obviously, if a warstrider suffers lethal or aggravated damage in its Incapacitated Health Level, it requires the superior (if Noble) or legendary (if Royal) repair project, as the rules say.

Is bashing damage equally burdensome to repair?

I'm also unclear about whether the final sentences of that paragraph tell us that your warstrider can get ruined in the present day and not require sorcerous workings to repair, or if it doesn't matter how old or new the wreckage is, you've got to use sorcerous workings to restore an Incapacitated warstrider to any measure of operability.
              Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 01-13-2018, 01:59 AM.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Are the mountains near Harborhead all considered part of the Summer Mountains?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                  Obviously, if a warstrider suffers lethal or aggravated damage in its Incapacitated Health Level, it requires the superior (if Noble) or legendary (if Royal) repair project, as the rules say.

Is bashing damage equally burdensome to repair?
                  Yeah.

I'm also unclear about whether the final sentences of that paragraph tell us that your warstrider can get ruined in the present day and not require sorcerous workings to repair, or if it doesn't matter how old or new the wreckage is, you've got to use sorcerous workings to restore an Incapacitated warstrider to any measure of operability.
                  Just getting incapacitated isn't enough to require sorcerous workings. That's stuff above and beyond usual battle damage, applied at Storyteller discretion. It's mostly intended to let a Storyteller introduce a ruined warstrider in their game, and require the usual First Age Artifice rules to apply to restoring it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I've got a player who's built her whole combat thing around Righteous Devil Style, with a 3-dot dip into Archery exclusively for Phantom Arrow Technique in case she runs out of ammo mid-battle.

But upon closer reading of the Martial Arts rules, it's looking a lot like Phantom Arrow Technique could not legally be used to then make an attack with Righteous Devil Style. Is this right?

The Truth Machine Chronicle - A first-time Exalted campaign.

Comment

• Originally posted by Socratease View Post
                      I've got a player who's built her whole combat thing around Righteous Devil Style, with a 3-dot dip into Archery exclusively for Phantom Arrow Technique in case she runs out of ammo mid-battle.

But upon closer reading of the Martial Arts rules, it's looking a lot like Phantom Arrow Technique could not legally be used to then make an attack with Righteous Devil Style. Is this right?
                      Phantom Arrow Technique doesn't need to enhance an attack—you can use it reflexively to just create more ammunition, then make an attack enhanced by Righteous Devil Charms, and you're good.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• On the subject of Phantom Arrow, does it just create the ammo, or does it load the bow?

I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to load a crossbow quicker so you can shoot every turn without flurrying, but I can't see one.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                          On the subject of Phantom Arrow, does it just create the ammo, or does it load the bow?
                          It doesn't waive the need to spend an action reloading.

I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to load a crossbow quicker so you can shoot every turn without flurrying, but I can't see one.
                          Custom Archery Charm.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Custom Archery Charm.
                            Can there be a custom charm that allows the use of charm that can make multiple attacks in a single turn with a weapon that has the slow tag?
                            A warstrider has this ability, but i dont know if it should be warstriders-only.

We are trying to recreate Akavadra for a fight. Should he be a second of third circle?

Comment

• Originally posted by ale137 View Post
                              Can there be a custom charm that allows the use of charm that can make multiple attacks in a single turn with a weapon that has the slow tag?
                              Yes, but more expensive than Cathedral of Sublime Annihilation's power.

We are trying to recreate Akavadra for a fight. Should he be a second of third circle?
                              I'd envisioned him as a Third Circle Demon, but you can make him whatever works best for your game.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I've been wondering about something I noticed with the Solar War Charms. I know you can't speak with authority on the intent behind anything, but I was curious if you had any thoughts on it.

There aren't any Charms that help protect your battle group or make it harder to damage - the closest is those that enhance rally and rally for numbers actions. Somewhat related, aside from the training Charms, there aren't any that enhance your battle group directly instead of your order actions. Do you think there would be any mechanical or thematic problems with adding, say, a reflexive Charm representing a special order to minimize damage from an attack, or a scene-long Charm representing a special formation that provides passive bonuses to the group?

Comment

Working...
                                X