Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If there's a withering attack that targets and hits multiple opponents, does the attacker gain the initiative from the damage dealt from all targets? The Smoke Wolf in the Quickstart adventure has one of these attacks and they went from 8 initiative to 53 initiative in a single round and we weren't sure if we were doing it wrong or if it's really that strong of an attack.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
    I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• This might be a munition question, but what's the significance of Aspect vs Caste?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        You can still gain anima while you have levels suppressed with Sun-Swallowing Practice, and would need to spend more to suppress those newly-accrued levels.
        Ah, that's what I thought. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Yeah.

Yes. If you make people take damage to dramatically yank out a weapon and wield it, no one will ever do that because the cost/benefit is off.

It's probably part of a stunt.
          What if I threw a knife that gets stuck in someone, and then they moved into my range band while I have no more knives.

Could I use a normal Draw Weapon action to pull the weapon out of them, or would I need to make a successful attack roll to grab hold of it?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
            If there's a withering attack that targets and hits multiple opponents, does the attacker gain the initiative from the damage dealt from all targets? The Smoke Wolf in the Quickstart adventure has one of these attacks and they went from 8 initiative to 53 initiative in a single round and we weren't sure if we were doing it wrong or if it's really that strong of an attack.
            It's not meant to be quite that strong! They should only award the single highest damage roll unless they specify otherwise.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
              This might be a munition question, but what's the significance of Aspect vs Caste?
              A Caste is about a role—warrior, diplomat, trickster, etc. An Aspect is about your nature—Dragon-Blooded's elemental Aspects influence their personalities, not their roles.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                What if I threw a knife that gets stuck in someone, and then they moved into my range band while I have no more knives.

Could I use a normal Draw Weapon action to pull the weapon out of them, or would I need to make a successful attack roll to grab hold of it?
                That's really up to the Storyteller. I'd treat it as a stunt for an ammunition check.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Are there any mechanical elements in The Realm? It seems like a book that will be devoted to really extensive and important setting information (I am so excited!) but I was just curious if it would have any new toys in it too since I've seen some people asking about that!

Comment

• Originally posted by VioletDreamer View Post
                    Are there any mechanical elements in The Realm? It seems like a book that will be devoted to really extensive and important setting information (I am so excited!) but I was just curious if it would have any new toys in it too since I've seen some people asking about that!
                    There are some quick character stats, and guidelines on structuring battle groups for the legions and the Navy.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

There are some quick character stats, and guidelines on structuring battle groups for the legions and the Navy.
                      Does being a House of Bells graduate give access to certain stratgems? Do Dragonblooded War Charms allow unique Stratagems?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

It's not meant to be quite that strong! They should only award the single highest damage roll unless they specify otherwise.
                        That makes a lot of sense. Is this backed up in the written rules anywhere, or just a ruling on your part? Not questioning the authenticity, I just want to be clear for my GM (and curious if we missed it somewhere)

I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Holy double post batman!
                          Last edited by The Unsung Hero; 01-21-2018, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post

That makes a lot of sense. Is this backed up in the written rules anywhere, or just a ruling on your part? Not questioning the authenticity, I just want to be clear for my GM (and curious if we missed it somewhere)
                            The latter. Normally these things have their own clarifying rules, but I messed up and left that out when I wrote the Blood Ape's shattering roar, which is what the Wolf's howl on is based on.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                              Does being a House of Bells graduate give access to certain stratgems?
                              No, although it impacts on character creation.

Do Dragonblooded War Charms allow unique Stratagems?
                              Yes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

That's really up to the Storyteller. I'd treat it as a stunt for an ammunition check.
                                Okay, knives are small and you can carry a lot of them, so maybe it wasn't the example I wanted to use.

What about an axe? It's a larger weapon (Medium weight class rather than Light) and it's impractical to carry more than four of them into battle at once, assuming that you have one in each hand and two more tucked into your belt.

If I throw an axe, can I reflexively draw one of the ones in my belt?

If I've thrown all of my axes, but I enter the range band where they lay, can I collect them all with a single Ready Weapon action?

If I have no axes left and the target enters my range band with one buried in his shoulder, do I need a Ready Weapon action to pull it out of him, or more than that?

ALSO: Is it possible for Solar Melee to advance upon Call the Blade, using the returning Melee weapon to attack anyone in the way?
                                Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 01-21-2018, 06:09 PM.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Working...
                                X