X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many chapters are going to be in The Realm? Would there be any chance we get an idea of its chapter break-down? The Caul getting its own chapter kind of surprises me a bit. I thought it'd go kind of by-Direction or something.

And stuff.
    My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• Okay, so wearing an animal's shape doesn't change the Lunar's own dice-pools or static values?

Whereas a mortal tiger consistently has a claw dice-pool of 13, a Lunar with maxed-out stats would still need to buy three more dice to match that. A Lunar without maxed out stats would find it very expensive to try consistently reaching that level.

Human unarmed attacks, as mortal light weapons, enjoy a +4 Accuracy bonus. What about in animal form? We don't ever know the Accuracy bonus that might factor into an animal's attack dice-pool, and it would probably be bothersome to print such things...

Likewise, how do damage pools shake out? QC stats don't bother to designate bites as Heavy weapons or horns as Medium ones.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
        Okay, so wearing an animal's shape doesn't change the Lunar's own dice-pools or static values?
        It does change them, up to the cap of your dice pool.

Human unarmed attacks, as mortal light weapons, enjoy a +4 Accuracy bonus. What about in animal form? We don't ever know the Accuracy bonus that might factor into an animal's attack dice-pool, and it would probably be bothersome to print such things...

Likewise, how do damage pools shake out? QC stats don't bother to designate bites as Heavy weapons or horns as Medium ones.
        You just use the printed attack traits.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post
          How many chapters are going to be in The Realm? Would there be any chance we get an idea of its chapter break-down? The Caul getting its own chapter kind of surprises me a bit. I thought it'd go kind of by-Direction or something.
          Seven.

The Caul was originally a part of the chapter on the Realm's military. That sort of made sense, because the Realm is at war for the Caul, but didn't feel quite right. Then we moved it into the chapter on satrapies, which made more sense, but the entire Caul isn't a satrapy. Giving it its own chapter is what made the most sense.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

...Wait, I thought you still had to pay for the excellency boost.

So, still using the tiger's 13 die claw strike, if the Lunar had Dex 5, Brawl 5, they would get the full 13 dice without spending any motes on the attack, because it's under their 15 die cap? Is that right?
            Yes. This is really really good, which is why you don't get to break dice caps on top of it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              No. 10char

Hmm, there's some hungry ghosts who got robbed of juicy solar face meats, then.

What's the reasoning for this from a rules standpoint? Intercepting Fury Smite can specifically only clash against decisive attacks, which excludes it if we're meant to read that very narrowly (IFS can clash an incoming gambit, right?), but Fervent Blow just says 'an attack'. Are savages not 'attacks' for the purpose of clashes? If you established a grapple on someone higher init than you, and savaged them down so that the two of you acted on the same tick, would your savage vs their natural attack result in a clash like it normally would?

I assume Heavenly Guardian Defense and Seven Shadow Evasion work normally on savaging attacks due to their 'defend the undefendable' clauses?
              Last edited by serGregness; 01-23-2018, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Are you saying that a Lunar would become a "weaker" tiger?

The Lunar in question has Brawl 0. 11 dice on a Brawl attack by assuming Tiger form and stunting in another attribute is pretty good for an unarmed attack considering he has literally no skill in unarmed attacking!

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                  It does change them, up to the cap of your dice pool.
                  Dice-pool, as in the number of dice you have for free, or dice-LIMIT, the number of dice you can add, or dice-CAPACITY, the number of dice you can have in total?

Comment

Dice-pool, as in the number of dice you have for free, or dice-LIMIT, the number of dice you can add, or dice-CAPACITY, the number of dice you can have in total?
                    Since this has already been answered by Vance:

Your dice limit does not change with your form. Your default pools can change with your form up to your unchanging cap. Basically they're free charm dice you don't have pay essence for.

Comment

• "Fluttering Cry of Warning allows the martial artist to take a defend other action reflexively, even if it is not her turn."

Since the duration is till next turn, does that mean one activation of Fluttering Cry is enough to have a Crane defend a full group of people closeby? Taking multiple defend other actions 'n stuff. Or is an activation enough for 'a' defend other, potentially stacking with a regular defend other, but needing more FlutterCry to help a full group?

Comment

• Do Dragon-Blooded have any kind of special powers in their Charmset specifically exploring a special relationship with elementals (most likely in Occult Charms I'm guessing)? Such as specifically commanding unbound elementals?

It's just a thought that crossed my mind reading the Codex Alera series.

Comment

• Originally posted by serGregness View Post

Hmm, there's some hungry ghosts who got robbed of juicy solar face meats, then.

What's the reasoning for this from a rules standpoint? Intercepting Fury Smite can specifically only clash against decisive attacks, which excludes it if we're meant to read that very narrowly (IFS can clash an incoming gambit, right?), but Fervent Blow just says 'an attack'. Are savages not 'attacks' for the purpose of clashes? If you established a grapple on someone higher init than you, and savaged them down so that the two of you acted on the same tick, would your savage vs their natural attack result in a clash like it normally would?
                          Savages specify they automatically hit. That doesn't leave any room for getting clashed.

I assume Heavenly Guardian Defense and Seven Shadow Evasion work normally on savaging attacks due to their 'defend the undefendable' clauses?
                          Yeah.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Croakamancer View Post
                            "Fluttering Cry of Warning allows the martial artist to take a defend other action reflexively, even if it is not her turn."

Since the duration is till next turn, does that mean one activation of Fluttering Cry is enough to have a Crane defend a full group of people closeby?
                            It only lets you take one defend other action, which only protects one person.

Or is an activation enough for 'a' defend other, potentially stacking with a regular defend other, but needing more FlutterCry to help a full group?
                            You can't stack multiple activations of it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                              Do Dragon-Blooded have any kind of special powers in their Charmset specifically exploring a special relationship with elementals (most likely in Occult Charms I'm guessing)? Such as specifically commanding unbound elementals?
                              Not really.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Can non-Water Aspects becomes as free underwater as Water Aspects, with specific effort and possibly greater costs?

When using Dream Pearl Courtesan Form to extend attacks out to short range, can you throw hair pins as throwing needles out to Medium range?

And what happens if you make a grapple gambit at short range without Flurry of August Leaves? Do you still automatically drag the target into close range?

Comment

Working...
                                X