X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know why all Exalted PDFs hide their bookmarks under an unnecessary "THE WHOLE BOOK" bookmark?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
      Do you know why all Exalted PDFs hide their bookmarks under an unnecessary "THE WHOLE BOOK" bookmark?
      That kind of stuff is so far beyond my understanding and skillset that it might as well be brain surgery.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Are there any plans to make Deathlords or other extremely powerful Spirits immune to Ghost-Eating Technique, or have the Charm work differently on them in regards to their nature? The Charm itself doesn't mention any exceptions, but I figured it would be best to ask if their write-ups would include some way to interact differently with it, or if they can die to it just like any other spirit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alistair View Post
          Are there any plans to make Deathlords or other extremely powerful Spirits immune to Ghost-Eating Technique, or have the Charm work differently on them in regards to their nature? The Charm itself doesn't mention any exceptions, but I figured it would be best to ask if their write-ups would include some way to interact differently with it, or if they can die to it just like any other spirit.
          As in past editions, destroying the Deathlords isn't quite that easy. However, one thing I'm interested in introducing is some pretty steep consequences they suffer after getting hit with it, so that a PC who manages to take down a Deathlord can feel like they've accomplished something major and reap the reward of it, instead of just "nyeh nyeh, no sell."

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            Given that Evocations don't have Ability mins, I think they're just automatically available to all your personas.
            It seems like a common sense ruling to not allow evocations to carry over between the main and personas if the charm pre-requisite is no longer fulfilled by the current personality. Would you agree with that assessment?

Craft rewrite.
            Twitter Handle: at maudova

Comment

As in past editions, destroying the Deathlords isn't quite that easy.
              You say that as if incapacitating a Deathlord in the first place isn't the exact opposite of "easy." Why cheapen Ghost-Eating Technique by not letting it seal the deal like normal?

Comment

They are. The primary challenges of designing shapeshifting are making it powerful without being unbalanced, and making it meaningful without being overly complex. Leaning into the simplification and abstraction of QC stats is a part of both.
                Fair enough.

My characters:
                Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post

You say that as if incapacitating a Deathlord in the first place isn't the exact opposite of "easy." Why cheapen Ghost-Eating Technique by not letting it seal the deal like normal?

I'm wondering if that might not be worth its own thread elsewhere, but here's a quick thought: GET was (in 2e) how the Primordials were murdered. It seems to be still canon in 3e, but GET is worded carefully enough to be no guarantee. Even so, in 2e, for all of the Charm's power, it had the tiny, itty-bitty side-effect of creating the Neverborn and the Underworld. So I'm expecting that destroying one of the ghost-kings marked by the power of those same Neverborne is likely to have a non-casual metaphysical side-effect.

I think that also ties back to what Robert meant with avoiding a straight no-sell: you CAN do it, but are you ready to face what follows? (Once again, tying up in Exalted themes of consequences even in the most noble actions)

Comment

• The difference between the death lords and the primordial is is that the primordial’s were ALIVE when they were killed with ghost eating technique. Also, they were larger and more powerful. No death lord is a world and pantheon unto itself.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maudova View Post

It seems like a common sense ruling to not allow evocations to carry over between the main and personas if the charm pre-requisite is no longer fulfilled by the current personality. Would you agree with that assessment?
                      Yeah. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• My last campaign had dunking on a Deathlord (temporarily killing them), create a massive shadowland upon their death. It was only (mostly) countered by a new Solar Exalting in the middle of it while it was still expanding. we took some liberties though.

Actual question time, Can mortals attune to manses or use manse-born Hearthstones?

"Life before Death, Strength before Weakness, Journey before Destination."

"I will protect those who cannot protect themselves"

Comment

• Can you use hypnotic tongue technique to order someone to kill themselves? I feel that even though this charm has the psyche keyword that it is still subject to the unacceptable influences rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by deadnite3 View Post
                            Can you use hypnotic tongue technique to order someone to kill themselves? I feel that even though this charm has the psyche keyword that it is still subject to the unacceptable influences rules.
                            You are correct.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• How rare should Unblockable/Undodgeable attacks be? Does the rarity change between Exalted and Spirits? Is it generally restricted to essence 3 or higher or something? Can you give me a rough ballpark to aim for?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                                How rare should Unblockable/Undodgeable attacks be? Does the rarity change between Exalted and Spirits? Is it generally restricted to essence 3 or higher or something? Can you give me a rough ballpark to aim for?
                                An attack that's both unblockable and undodgeable should be exceedingly rare, and it should probably be limited to withering attacks and gambits only. I think Incarnated Fury Attack is a good watermark for Solars, keeping in mind that Brawl has the best damage output of any of the combat Abilities.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X