This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    It's instant—you pay 3m to banish, and 3m to recall.
    The charm states that you "don each piece of armor as if [you] were putting it on normally" so presumably it still takes ([armor’s mobility penalty] +1) minutes to put on, as per the rules. can this be combined with Whirlwind Armor-Donning Prana to use the charm to summon your armour over the course of 1-3 turns?

And while I have you here, can I get an answer to the questions I asked earlier here: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...94#post1075294

Comment

• Originally posted by Nilihum View Post
      The charm states that you "don each piece of armor as if [you] were putting it on normally" so presumably it still takes ([armor’s mobility penalty] +1) minutes to put on, as per the rules. can this be combined with Whirlwind Armor-Donning Prana to use the charm to summon your armour over the course of 1-3 turns?
      Yes.

Hey Robert Vance, the grappling tag allows you to make grappling gambits with a Melee weapon, presumably allowing you to use your Melee skill instead of Brawl or Martial Arts. Does that extend to using Melee in the control roll? What about savaging? I'd understand not being able to savage people using only a whip, but the core book doesn't go into detail, only stating that you make a unarmed roll. If you are allowed savage people, can you enhance that with Melee charms?
      I think it makes the most sense if a Melee weapon with the grappling tag allows you to roll Strength + Melee for control, and to make savaging attacks with Melee.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Yes.
        Hang on, can this be combined with Armored Scout's Invigoration to instantly summon heavy armour? Also thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions. It's really helping me get back into Exalted after having so much radio silence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nilihum View Post

Hang on, can this be combined with Armored Scout's Invigoration to instantly summon heavy armour? Also thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions. It's really helping me get back into Exalted after having so much radio silence.
          And, if not, how do you feel about a suit of Artifact Superheavy Plate that had an evocation that allowed you to summon and don it instantly? Would it make a difference if the evocation had Hauberk-Summoning Gesture as a prereq? Or is instantly putting on Heavy Armor a thing that shouldn't be allowed?

Comment

• Are there any rules or guidelines for assisted actions? Say two characters want to work together to move a particularly large rock out of the way or, as a couple of my players asked, what if their characters wanted to work together crafting a boat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Twizz View Post
              Are there any rules or guidelines for assisted actions? Say two characters want to work together to move a particularly large rock out of the way or, as a couple of my players asked, what if their characters wanted to work together crafting a boat?
              No specific rules. It's a good reason to give situational bonus dice.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Robert Vance Eric Minton I kinda wanted to ask a question about you guys as Devs, I know Vance is in law school right? and Minton you write for other publishers no? So how does EX3 fit into your lives now? Is it the main focus for you guys right now, or like a side job in addition to your "day jobs". I don't want it to seem like I am judging either way, I know you are dedicating a lot to EX3 no matter what, I'm just kinda interested in what a Dev's work life looks like.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpruceStripedGoose View Post
                  Robert Vance Eric Minton I kinda wanted to ask a question about you guys as Devs, I know Vance is in law school right? and Minton you write for other publishers no? So how does EX3 fit into your lives now? Is it the main focus for you guys right now, or like a side job in addition to your "day jobs". I don't want it to seem like I am judging either way, I know you are dedicating a lot to EX3 no matter what, I'm just kinda interested in what a Dev's work life looks like.
                  I work the night shift as a proofreader and copy editor for a medical marketing agency. My days are currently spent almost exclusively on Exalted writing and development.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• When are we seeing the relics of the Nibboran leauge(sp)? Or anything of them? They are by far the most fascinating thing I have heard so far and I'm eating up all I can.

...also, songs for Exalted types (Solar, Lunar, unrealeased...)?

Restoring demonic glory in Infernals:What Hell Has Wrought

Comment

• I'm going to repeat a question I had early in the thread because I'm genuinely curious and your thoughts about this could help me in my Exigent homebrew.

Since the Exigent book isn't that far off, it's possible that you've been thinking about this. But what is the imagined scope for the playable Exigents in the book? Do you think it'll be 50-100 charms for a single Exigent so that players can invest time and xp in playing that character for a while---fewer Exigents, more Charms. Or is it leaning more towards more Exigents with fewer Charms just to get more concepts into the book? Or maybe a third way: a list of varying charm ideas not tied to specific Exigents, and then suggest Exigents with examples on how you could give variations of those Charm ideas to different Exigent concepts? All of the above?

[Webcomic] Dawn of the Chosen - Last Update: February 26, 2017
                      [Ex3] Necromancy - Last Update: March 28, 2017
                      [Ex3] Machineborn - Last Update: April 18, 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                        When are we seeing the relics of the Nibboran leauge(sp)? Or anything of them? They are by far the most fascinating thing I have heard so far and I'm eating up all I can.
                        Arms of the Chosen contains a warstrider created to fight in the Niobraran War.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

I work the night shift as a proofreader and copy editor for a medical marketing agency. My days are currently spent almost exclusively on Exalted writing and development.

Proofreaders have a night shift? That sounds bizarre.

Comment

Arms of the Chosen contains a warstrider created to fight in the Niobraran War.
                            And possibly an artifact crossbow from that era, if it survives an encounter with Vance's red pen!

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewH View Post
                              Proofreaders have a night shift? That sounds bizarre.
                              We are the Exigents of Deadlines.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• I've got a question about Feats of Strength used for combat purposes.

Say I've got an Essence 1 Athletics Supernal Solar with Nine Aeons Thew and its prerequisites. A Dragonblooded swordswoman that has witnessed that he is a dangerous heretic, but has not realized he is anathema, steps forward to challenge and kill him in single combat. The venue is a residential city street.

The Solar accepts, activating all their supplemental and reflexive strength charms, plus a full excellency, and lands a respectable but not overly optimistic 35 successes. I've no idea how big a thing that might allow someone to pick up, but the Solar conservatively picks up a nearby house.

The Dragonblooded spends her turn activating a scene-long defensive buff or shooting a wind-carried message to her distant friends to go fetch the Wyld Hunt, or something else that doesn't disrupt my example.

The Solar then attempts to place the house into the nearby space the Dragonblooded is currently occupying.

How do I handle this, mechanically?
                                Last edited by garammasala; 04-11-2017, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X