This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VioletDreamer View Post
    Since you guys talked about Abyssal Limit being a bit like Resonance was in First Edition, I'm curious, do you imagine that the Abyssal Charmset might more actively involve Limit than the Solar one does?
    Haven't thought that far ahead, but it's definitely a possibility.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Croakamancer View Post
      Say I have an army with a highly standardized uniform. Your 'Imperial Stormtrooper' types. And I then use Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise to disguise myself as a regular Stormtrooper. If in combat I try to hide in the ranks of my army, do the enemy have to be using magic to identify me?
      There aren't any specific rules for handling that event, but broadly speaking, Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise doesn't stop working just because you're in combat. It depends on what the player's trying to do with it, but as a Storyteller, I'd treat it as essentially a difficult-to-contest form of stealth.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
        Are the special sorts of attacks enabled by certain weapon tags—i.e., Chopping, Piercing, Smashing—for an Initiative cost and Defense penalty compatible with Clash attacks, or do you have to pick one or the other? My gut instinct is the former since I haven't found a specific rule against doing it like the Clash/Counterattack keyword one, but I wanted to make sure I'm not overlooking a conflict in the language that might be obvious to everyone else.
        Yeah, they're compatible.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Do automatic successes on damage count toward defeating hardness on decisive attacks?
          Last edited by deadnite3; 01-31-2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by deadnite3 View Post
            Do automatic successes on damage count toward defeating hardness on decisive attacks?
            As written, no. If the Storyteller thinks they should count, it'd be at a rate of 3 dice per 1 success (because 10s aren't doubled on damage).

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• How long ago did Rakan Thulio unleash the Getimanians?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                Keeper of the Old Laws has always been a fave.
                That's one of my favorites as well; innnnnteresting implications.

Blasphemy? No, it is not blasphemy. If God is as vast as that, he is above blasphemy; if He is as little as that, He is beneath it.
                - Mark Twain, a Biography

Comment

• Please clarify the rules reference in the last charm for Ku Nenaveya. Does she gain a +5 resolve: +3 from being impassioned and an additional +2 from charms? or is this charm written incorrectly?

Relevant Quotes:

SOCIAL CHARMS
                  Searing Antipathy Attitude (4m, 1wp; Reflexive; Instant; Eclipse; Essence 2): In response to being targeted by social influence but before the influence action is rolled, Nenaveya burns with hatred as though impassioned (Exalted, p. 217), and gains +2 Resolve. If she’s already impassioned with hatred, waive the Willpower cost.
                  Originally posted by Exalted, Page 218
                  An inflamed passion may be treated as a Major Intimacy for the purposes of modifying Resolve...
                  Originally posted by Exalted, Page 215
                  Major Intimacies apply a +3 Resolve bonus against influence rolls that oppose them...

Craft rewrite.
                  Twitter Handle: at maudova

Comment

• Originally posted by Maudova View Post
                    Please clarify the rules reference in the last charm for Ku Nenaveya. Does she gain a +5 resolve: +3 from being impassioned and an additional +2 from charms? or is this charm written incorrectly?
                    The two effects are separate. She gains a flat +2 Resolve against the social influence the Charm is used against. This stacks with any Resolve bonus the inflamed passion of hatred may or may not add for this or any other social influence for so long as she remains impassioned. (The virtual Major Intimacy from an inflamed passion may be superseded by a Defining Intimacy or reduced by an opposing Intimacy, so a +3 bonus isn't guaranteed.)

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Are the Maidens worshipped in Creation? If so, is it common or relatively uncommon?

Comment

• Originally posted by VioletDreamer View Post
                        Are the Maidens worshipped in Creation? If so, is it common or relatively uncommon?
                        Cult worship of the Maidens is somewhat fringe, as they don't respond to prayers, but it does happen.
                        Last edited by Eric Minton; 02-02-2018, 01:23 AM.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Infinite Sunlight Shrike (Arms of the Chosen, p. 167) has an extra effect when you cross more than six range bands with it, but it only works out to extreme range. How can it be used?

Also, there's a minor visual problem on page 166 with a page number link extending past the number.

Comment

• Originally posted by Electro View Post
                            Infinite Sunlight Shrike (Arms of the Chosen, p. 167) has an extra effect when you cross more than six range bands with it, but it only works out to extreme range. How can it be used?
                            Infinite Sunlight Shrike (and similarly-phrased effects, like There Is No Wind) can cross multiple bands of extreme long range.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Thunderbolt Attack Prana can be used to make unexpected attacks. The charm supplements a Solar's attack, but grants movement that "counts as her movement action for the round" if that movement takes the Solar to another range band. Does this phrasing just keep the Solar from taking a separate move action, or does this use of the charm count as a movement action for all purposes?

Specifically, can the movement-action-within-an-attack-action created by TAP benefit from charms that supplement movement actions, like Shadow-Stepping Motion from Ebon Shadow Style?

Comment

• Originally posted by Catastronaut View Post
                                Thunderbolt Attack Prana can be used to make unexpected attacks. The charm supplements a Solar's attack, but grants movement that "counts as her movement action for the round" if that movement takes the Solar to another range band. Does this phrasing just keep the Solar from taking a separate move action, or does this use of the charm count as a movement action for all purposes?

Specifically, can the movement-action-within-an-attack-action created by TAP benefit from charms that supplement movement actions, like Shadow-Stepping Motion from Ebon Shadow Style?
                                The movement is a movement action. Shadow-Stepping Motion can be used in conjunction with it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X