Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fine by me. I thought charisma due to the whole "mesmerizing" part.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      The game's default assumption is (1). Range bands aren't of any fixed size, but the general intent is that they're not so variable that short range, e.g., in one fight is dramatically different from short range in a different type of fight. I don't think anything would break horrendously if you do redefine the context of range bands mid-scene, although that might take up a lot of time at the table.
      Thanks, that's helpful. I had been assuming much greater plasticity in the size of range bands, and tamping down on that constrains things in a way that likely eliminates many of my confusions.

Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

Also, range bands aren't zones; they don't demarcate areas. They serve only to define distance between actors within a scene.
      Somehow I managed to miss that in my reading. I'll have to spend some time chewing on it until I grok it fully. Thanks.

Comment

I really need to watch Mau >.<

That strikes me as more of an Appearance Charm, though.
        It's a great movie and it might help inspire some Lunar charms....which means watching it is work related research, right?

Placeholder

Comment

• So I'm curious, are there times when Sidereals and Lunars will work together at least in short-term, mutually-interested goals? Or times Sidereals or Lunars might cultivate relations with one-another for mutually-assured goals?

I ask since for a while now the movie Body of Lies always kind of made me think the relationship some Sidereals may have with Luanrs. WIht DiCaprio and Crowe being the Sidereals and Strong being the Lunar here. That is: The Sidereal dances on daggers and there's a chance that you'll get burned hard and that's a know risk with Sidereals who play that game.

And I guess relatedly, about how good of inspration are spy thrillers for Sidereals in general?

And stuff.
          My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Craft Houserules

Comment

• Dragontongue is one of my favorite little additions to 3E, I love the flavor it gives to the setting. I was wondering how long it's been around in setting. Has it been a thing since the usurpation? Or was it a more "modern" creation of the Realm?

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post
              So I'm curious, are there times when Sidereals and Lunars will work together at least in short-term, mutually-interested goals? Or times Sidereals or Lunars might cultivate relations with one-another for mutually-assured goals?
              It's certainly far from impossible.

And I guess relatedly, about how good of inspration are spy thrillers for Sidereals in general?
              I'm not a fan of the genre played straight, but my guess would be very.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post
                Dragontongue is one of my favorite little additions to 3E, I love the flavor it gives to the setting. I was wondering how long it's been around in setting. Has it been a thing since the usurpation? Or was it a more "modern" creation of the Realm?
                Dragontongue was developed by savants within House Mnemon, so it's younger than the Realm.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I find Dragontongue an interesting footnote, but I'm confused about it being worth it's own Merit dot. It's really further removed from standard High Realm than An-Teng Firetongue and Prasad Firetongue are?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• are there some general guideline for who can remember sidereals?

Comment

• A little awhile ago custom charms were mentioned for the rare E6+ Exalts and antagonists we will get QCs of. While I know E5+ support for players is a long way off, if ever a part of your design goals, would you say whether it is likely or not for beings who surpass the Essence 5 cap to receive charms that will allow them to raise their Attributes/Abilities past the cap to their essence, similar to Exalted 2e, or is that something that you would be uneasy allowing even these particularly rare and powerful beings? Does anything break if, when writing up our own antagonists or allowing PCs to go E6 and beyond, we allow this?
                      Last edited by ChaosArchon; 02-05-2018, 07:11 AM.

Comment

If you roll enough threshold successes, you add (Dexterity + [Charge/2]) to damage and inflict a -2 onslaught penalty.
                        But you don't get those threshold successes (up to their Defence), as per the last sentence of the charm?

So, essentially, if you get X threshold successes over their Defence, or more (where X is the enemy's Defence), instead of adding X threshold successes, you get (Dexterity + [Charge/2]), and the extra onslaught?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• If I wanted to play an Exalted exorcist what should I play? I feel like Liminals will become the go-to, but do Lunars have tricks up their sleeves in countering ghosts, demons, and spirits?

Comment

• Originally posted by ChaosArchon View Post
                            would you say whether it is likely or not for beings who surpass the Essence 5 cap to receive charms that will allow them to raise their Attributes/Abilities past the cap to their essence, similar to Exalted 2e?
                            Nope.

Does anything break if, when writing up our own antagonists or allowing PCs to go E6 and beyond, we allow this?
                            Yes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by reseru View Post
                              If I wanted to play an Exalted exorcist what should I play? I feel like Liminals will become the go-to, but do Lunars have tricks up their sleeves in countering ghosts, demons, and spirits?
                              Any of the Exalted could be an exorcist.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post

But you don't get those threshold successes (up to their Defence), as per the last sentence of the charm?

So, essentially, if you get X threshold successes over their Defence, or more (where X is the enemy's Defence), instead of adding X threshold successes, you get (Dexterity + [Charge/2]), and the extra onslaught?
                                Correct. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X