Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, Dragon Blooded Kickstarter is next. Are you excited?

Placeholder

Comment

• Will What Fire Has Wrought have examples of non-charm enhancement evocations that have native Dragonblood charms as prerequisites like how Stormcaller and Vainglory have native Solar charm prereqs?
      Last edited by Myrido; 02-06-2018, 02:20 AM.

Comment

• Could I have a clarification on this answer? My group aren't sure if it means the Claws merit simply adds an additional attack option (and doesn't prevent the use of the 'traditional' unarmed attack with MA) or if the Claws attack is an unarmed attack also (and therefore retains full compatibility with unarmed martial arts styles in its own right).

---------------------------------------------
        Supporter of Spirits getting full playable splat design come Exalted 3E.
        Refugee from the 3rd Great Edition Wars of D&D.
        oWoD Latecomer, Exalted Optimist, Scion ST, Trinity Curious

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          Dice caps don't apply to damage or soak, so the Strength and Stamina Excellencies have their own built-in maximums. The base damage/soak of your form doesn't count towards those.
          That seems nice and simple, cool.

I'm pretty sure I intended for Octavian and Ahlat to both be able to use their dice-adders to buff static values, and just failed to convey that in the text.
          Thanks.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
            Is there anything like a bare minimum of visitation from Luna, when a Lunar Exalts?
            I think the bare minimum is that it's an impactful moment.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Yue Ryong View Post
              Could I have a clarification on this answer? My group aren't sure if it means the Claws merit simply adds an additional attack option (and doesn't prevent the use of the 'traditional' unarmed attack with MA) or if the Claws attack is an unarmed attack also (and therefore retains full compatibility with unarmed martial arts styles in its own right).
              The latter.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Myrido View Post
                Will What Fire Has Wrought have examples of non-charm enhancement evocations that have native Dragonblood charms as prerequisites like how Stormcaller and Vainglory have native Solar charm prereqs?
                I think so, but I'm not 100% on my recollection. There are definitely some Evocations that enhance Dragon-Blooded Charms.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                  So, Dragon Blooded Kickstarter is next. Are you excited?
                  Very. ^_^ 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by xoff00 View Post
                    Does spirit-tied pet require the subject "animal companion" already be a Familiar (meaning either the Exalted bought the Familiar Merit at character creation)?
                    It has to be a familiar already.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Does the Pure Way retain the aniconism of the Immaculate Philosophy?

Comment

Very. ^_^ 10char
                        So are we!

Do you know if The Realm will have its own kickstarter/be part of the DB kickstarter/just be released normally?

I was also wondering if the Realm was something you did at the same time as Dragonblooded, meaning it's likely to be out within a few months of Dragonblooded, or if it's something you guys worked on after Dragonblooded was finished.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                          Do you know if The Realm will have its own kickstarter/be part of the DB kickstarter/just be released normally?
                          My understanding is that Kickstarters are for hardbacks only.

I was also wondering if the Realm was something you did at the same time as Dragonblooded, meaning it's likely to be out within a few months of Dragonblooded, or if it's something you guys worked on after Dragonblooded was finished.
                          There was a lot of overlap between the two, but the Realm is definitely behind What Fire Has Wrought in the pipeline. I don't really have enough of a frame of reference to estimate what the interval between them will be like.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• While I'm sure we won't hear the details prior to the KS itself, should we take this news to mean that you have met with the appropriate parties about the proposed content (stretch goals, addons, etc) for the KS? Or does that step still have to occur? And lastly, should we be hype for it?

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                            I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

I think the bare minimum is that it's an impactful moment.
                              ...Yeah, “impact” works for me.

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                              Dice caps don't apply to damage or soak, so the Strength and Stamina Excellencies have their own built-in maximums. The base damage/soak of your form doesn't count towards those.
                              Holden commented that allowing Strength and Stamina Excellencies to apply to non-action rolls like Damage and Soak would invalidate a number of Strength and Stamina Charms.

You found a solution you like for that?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• First time poster, long time player here.

Surprise Anticipation Method (SAM) has the following to say:

"[...]This charge of Essence can only be used to offset the cost of activating Awareness Charms to reveal a threat. Motes returned in this fashion may retroactively lower the cost committed to Awareness Charms of a scene or longer duration, both lowering the committed cost and returning the discounted mote(s) to the Solar’s mote pool. [...] "

Is this commit reduction permanent or do you need to commit those motes again once the charm expires? The latter would surprise me as this is a reflexive charm...

Comment

Working...
                                X