Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    They don't [interact with Legendary Size].
    A decisive attack against a creature of Legendary Size is unable to do more than (Strength + 3) damage; siege weapons don't take your Strength into account. Should Intelligence/Perception be used instead?

    Comment


    • They do have an effective strength score though. Should we just take the maximum damage they can do as 13/18 depending on whether they're an artifact?

      Comment


      • They have an effective strength score in that they are capable of feats of demolition that would otherwise require 10 or 15 strength. There are Solar charms that allow you to attempt a higher greater feats of strength that don't affect combat. I just want to be sure.
        Last edited by Nilihum; 02-07-2018, 10:50 PM. Reason: phrasing

        Comment


        • What could be an effect of the hypnotic tongue granted by a working? We thought it would be something like Vampire dominate discipline, but that effect matches the apex presence charm.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Nilihum View Post

            A decisive attack against a creature of Legendary Size is unable to do more than (Strength + 3) damage; siege weapons don't take your Strength into account. Should Intelligence/Perception be used instead?
            With siege weapons—as well as firewands and similar weapons that don't take your Strength into account—I recommend treating them as having effective Strength 4.


            Developer for Exalted

            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

            Robert Vance's Patreon

            Comment


            • Are there still plans to do separate setting books, or will future books accompany a "main" book like The Realm accompanies What Fire Has Wrought?
              More specific, will we be revisiting Malfeas only when Infernals releases, or is there a chance we'll see a book on the subject earlier?

              Because I realize the above question might be hard to answer (because even if plans went that far ahead, there could always be the chance something changed) I would like to ask a follow-up question:
              What is a good way to capture the alien mindset of many demons? Do you have any examples or inspiration you could share?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by wern212 View Post
                Are there still plans to do separate setting books, or will future books accompany a "main" book like The Realm accompanies What Fire Has Wrought?
                We have plans to do separate setting books.

                More specific, will we be revisiting Malfeas only when Infernals releases, or is there a chance we'll see a book on the subject earlier?
                Way too far out to give a decent projection.

                What is a good way to capture the alien mindset of many demons? Do you have any examples or inspiration you could share?
                The descriptions of demonic psychology in Games of Divinity are damn hard to beat.


                Developer for Exalted

                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                Robert Vance's Patreon

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sakii View Post
                  What could be an effect of the hypnotic tongue granted by a working? We thought it would be something like Vampire dominate discipline, but that effect matches the apex presence charm.
                  It could take a wide variety of forms. If the recipient has a mote pool, it could be an Essence-fueled Psyche effect. If they don't, it might cost pure Willpower, or it might be something entirely different, like a Supernatural Merit with social effects that's always on, but weaker than an effect you'd have to pay for.

                  (One thing I want to include in any eventual sorcery book is illustrations of powers granted by workings and the ways in which one power could be mechanically represented in any of multiple different ways, because that's clearly something that would be useful)


                  Developer for Exalted

                  Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                  Robert Vance's Patreon

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Maudova View Post
                    Do you have a log of clarifications that you make? If so, what is the end goal? Would you think it’d be more likely that we see an errata document ala Ink Monkeys, inclusion in the STG, or even a revised Ex3 Core Book?
                    There's a document here tracking them, if you're looking for one.


                    My homebrew: Abyssals, Infernals, Dragon Kings, martial arts.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      It could take a wide variety of forms. If the recipient has a mote pool, it could be an Essence-fueled Psyche effect. If they don't, it might cost pure Willpower, or it might be something entirely different, like a Supernatural Merit with social effects that's always on, but weaker than an effect you'd have to pay for.

                      (One thing I want to include in any eventual sorcery book is illustrations of powers granted by workings and the ways in which one power could be mechanically represented in any of multiple different ways, because that's clearly something that would be useful)
                      Related to this, is there a way to refer to Essence users in-line that you guys are using? Like, would I call them characters capable of manipulating Essence or Enlightened characters or is there another way to do it?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        (One thing I want to include in any eventual sorcery book is illustrations of powers granted by workings and the ways in which one power could be mechanically represented in any of multiple different ways, because that's clearly something that would be useful)
                        Until you can get something like that out, have you considered some antagonists with such example workings for Adversaries of the Righteous or the other thingy whose name I don't recall offhand?


                        Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
                        Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
                        Some Lintha QCs
                        A Wyld Behemoth

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by VioletDreamer View Post

                          Related to this, is there a way to refer to Essence users in-line that you guys are using? Like, would I call them characters capable of manipulating Essence or Enlightened characters or is there another way to do it?
                          We don't have a catch-all term, which is sort of in line with the overall presentation of them. If you want to call them "Essence users," I can't stop you, but I think that term sounds yuck.


                          Developer for Exalted

                          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                          Robert Vance's Patreon

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TDS View Post
                            Until you can get something like that out, have you considered some antagonists with such example workings for Adversaries of the Righteous or the other thingy whose name I don't recall offhand?
                            None of my entries for Hundred Devils Night Parade are sorcerers, but maybe the writers who are doing them will.


                            Developer for Exalted

                            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                            Robert Vance's Patreon

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                              We don't have a catch-all term, which is sort of in line with the overall presentation of them. If you want to call them "Essence users," I can't stop you, but I think that term sounds yuck.
                              Makes sense! I don't really like that either...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                                You can't spend yourself into negative Initiative. In the unlikely event that a battle group somehow ends up at negative Initiative, I think applying the normal Crash rules would make sense.
                                Is a distinction made between effects where you spend i (Like Heavenly Guardian Defense, Smashing attacks) and effects where you lose i (disengaging, delaying)?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X