This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

​Darn it, every time I want to ask a question, I feel as though I'm coming across as condescending or passive aggressive or trying to catch somebody out. I've been staring at the screen for about five minutes trying to figure out a way to ask something as simple as whether I was mistaken about the idea that a Storyteller's guide was intended to come relatively soon in the line.
    Don't worry about it—your question was good, and wasn't condescending or passive aggressive at all. I just elaborated a little beyond a simple "yes," because that would've been misleading. It'd imply that we wouldn't start seeding Infernals until after the Storyteller's Guide comes out, whenever it does, which is not the case.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Did you guys have any Lunar characters that you particularly liked in previous editions who you'd like to see get a makeover in Third Edition?

Comment

• Are there styles other than the Immaculate Dragons in the DB book?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post
          Are there styles other than the Immaculate Dragons in the DB book?
          Yep. Golden Janissary, Mantis, and the nonexistent White Veil.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by VioletDreamer View Post
            Did you guys have any Lunar characters that you particularly liked in previous editions who you'd like to see get a makeover in Third Edition?
            Many of the Lunar elders deserve better—Lilith, Raksi, and Ma-Ha-Suchi spring to mind.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Cool! I've seen some discussion of the ways that Raksi and Ma-Ha-Suchi could be improved generally, and if you have anything you'd care to share about them I'd love to hear it! But I'm particularly curious about Lilith. What kinds of changes do you expect to make to her, and what kind of potential do you see for her in 3e?

Comment

• Originally posted by VioletDreamer View Post
                Cool! I've seen some discussion of the ways that Raksi and Ma-Ha-Suchi could be improved generally, and if you have anything you'd care to share about them I'd love to hear it!
                Raksi: A lot cooler if she's not been wasting centuries on an impossible task with absolutely nothing to show about it. Also, no longer looks fourteen, because fuck that.

Ma-Ha-Suchi: A lot cooler if he's not saddled with a Meatloaf joke.

But I'm particularly curious about Lilith. What kinds of changes do you expect to make to her, and what kind of potential do you see for her in 3e?
                As far as changes go, largely bringing her back in line with her First Edition presentation, and taking Desus out behind the woodshed.

Lilith is an example of a Lunar elder who's not a member of the Silver Pact, one who might be sought out as an ally, mentor, or champion by Pact Lunars, non-Pact Lunars, or maybe even Solars or Sidereals because of her legendary prowess.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post

As far as changes go, largely bringing her back in line with her First Edition presentation
                  ​Would that include the idea of her having spent much of the time since the Usurpation as an owl (a detail that I like, in its proper context)?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                  Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

​Would that include the idea of her having spent much of the time since the Usurpation as an owl (a detail that I like, in its proper context)?
                    I like it too.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is her spirit shape a normal sized owl or a strix?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                        Is her spirit shape a normal sized owl or a strix?
                        I recall it being a strix, but I could be wrong.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

I recall it being a strix, but I could be wrong.
                          The only art I remember of her for scale was just a normal owl flying away from Desus in the 2e book and I think her write-up in Dreams and Scroll of Exalts were just of owl, not strix, if it has any effect on things.

And stuff.
                          My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Craft Houserules

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post

The only art I remember of her for scale was just a normal owl flying away from Desus in the 2e book and I think her write-up in Dreams and Scroll of Exalts were just of owl, not strix, if it has any effect on things.

Yeah, but nothing says that was her spirit shape. I'm sure she has both forms in her library. OR I suppose via size altering Charms she might be able to assume her "owl/strix" form at any size she feels like as her true spirit shape....

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post

SoE does simply name her totem as a spotted owl, and her chapter intro fiction from 1e also mentions owl rather than strix feathers, along with the owl motif of her armor.

Comment

Raksi: A lot cooler if she's not been wasting centuries on an impossible task with absolutely nothing to show about it. Also, no longer looks fourteen, because fuck that.

Ma-Ha-Suchi: A lot cooler if he's not saddled with a Meatloaf joke.

As far as changes go, largely bringing her back in line with her First Edition presentation, and taking Desus out behind the woodshed.

Lilith is an example of a Lunar elder who's not a member of the Silver Pact, one who might be sought out as an ally, mentor, or champion by Pact Lunars, non-Pact Lunars, or maybe even Solars or Sidereals because of her legendary prowess.
                                These sound great! Any hints as to what you guys are imagining Raksi to have been doing in this edition?

Comment

Working...
                                X