X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait, there's something that I'm unclear on:

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    Lunars don't particularly need the introduction of any foils when they already have compelling dynamics with literally every other one of the classic Exalted bar Alchemicals, and the Sidereals don't need an additional foil on top of the new opportunities that adding Getimians and Exigents to the setting adds for them.
    Does this mean that the Lunar foils have been judged to be extraneous and dropped?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
      Wait, there's something that I'm unclear on:

Does this mean that the Lunar foils have been judged to be extraneous and dropped?
      The Hearteaters and the Umbral Exalted were the Lunar foils. The Dream-Souled were an additional Sidereal foil.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Well, now I'm looking forward to Exigents quite a bit. I wasn't that excited about the new Exalted before (though Getimians always sounded pretty cool), but the prospect of getting a book on homebrewing with examples of optional, unknown Exalted to use or build on is changing that. Plus the names are making me curious.

But on that subject, what do you see as the Liminals' role in the game? Of the previously known three, I think I got why Exigents and Getimians were introduced, but Liminals seemed the odd one out. Are they meant to be Abyssal foils of some sort?

Comment

• Originally posted by Phoenix_Kensai View Post
          Well, now I'm looking forward to Exigents quite a bit. I wasn't that excited about the new Exalted before (though Getimians always sounded pretty cool), but the prospect of getting a book on homebrewing with examples of optional, unknown Exalted to use or build on is changing that. Plus the names are making me curious.

But on that subject, what do you see as the Liminals' role in the game? Of the previously known three, I think I got why Exigents and Getimians were introduced, but Liminals seemed the odd one out. Are they meant to be Abyssal foils of some sort?
          Liminals aren’t anyone’s foils. They exist because they provide an interesting play experience that explores a wide range of “created life” stories.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            They're inhuman monsters of the outer chaos that can only remain in Creation by feeding on mortal dreams and souls. That doesn't mean they can't be PCs, but having a raksha PC in a mixed circle is going to be a much more significant disruption than, say, a ronin Sidereal.
            Since gods and demos are a few steps beside sidreals and infernals, will they be more PCable in this edition?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaddar View Post

Since gods and demos are a few steps beside sidreals and infernals, will they be more PCable in this edition?
              I don't think they're any better suited to being PCs in this edition than in past ones, although that's not to say it can't be done.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Can a god hold multiple positions in the Celestial Bureaucracy? Like being the God of Monkeys and the God of Trickery? Or are most deities that mix things like that gods of specific purviews that involve that kind of overlap? Example of um... Ape-of-Rock, the Duke of Mischievous Monkeys?

Comment

• Originally posted by VioletDreamer View Post
                  Can a god hold multiple positions in the Celestial Bureaucracy? Like being the God of Monkeys and the God of Trickery? Or are most deities that mix things like that gods of specific purviews that involve that kind of overlap? Example of um... Ape-of-Rock, the Duke of Mischievous Monkeys?
                  Yeah, just like in everyday human bureaucracies. Ahlat's a good example, he's the Southern God of Warfare and Cattle.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Yeah, just like in everyday human bureaucracies. Ahlat's a good example, he's the Southern God of Warfare and Cattle.

Building on VioletDreamer's question, Ahlat is obviously god of Southern Warfare specifically, and not warfare outside the South. But is he god of cattle everywhere, or just in the south too?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Building on VioletDreamer's question, Ahlat is obviously god of Southern Warfare specifically, and not warfare outside the South. But is he god of cattle everywhere, or just in the south too?
                      Games of Divinity specifies that he's the god of cattle in the South specifically.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• The war charm "League of Iron Preparation" mentions that you commit 5m of essence to drill your battle-group, and that the commitment ends after you complete the drilling of your troops. However, it doesn't give any indications on how long the drilling is suppose to take. As it's a charm mechanic, I was curious if there was suppose to be an established time frame?

Comment

• When a battle group makes an attack, they select a primary target and hit everything within close range of it. Does a small battle group crowded around a single siege weapon hit everything in an entire range band in a similar manner? Does a lone Exalt firing a siege engine hit everything in an entire range band in the same manner?

Considering that a Battlegroup is unable to make a decisive attack and has fixed initiative, does that mean that a battlegroup of demons/elementals/whatever is unable to use Collapsing point of Destruction?

Considering that Quick Character don't have actual stats, just dice pools, how many dice should Battle Ready Troops or Elite Troops have when using a siege weapon?

Comment

• Hearteaters and Dream-souled sound like equivalents to Lawgivers or Deathknights, whereas Umbral Exalted sounds like a real exalt type name. Is this correct, or are all three just made up descriptive terms to refer to them for now?

Join the Strife

Comment

• Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                              Hearteaters and Dream-souled sound like equivalents to Lawgivers or Deathknights, whereas Umbral Exalted sounds like a real exalt type name. Is this correct, or are all three just made up descriptive terms to refer to them for now?
                              Those are all their real names, not sobriquets. Trying to force everything into then "[Adjective] Exalted" format eventually just leads to picking lame adjectives.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

I think it's more an issue of what makes Exalt types (and other character types) an unlikely fit for PC usage, or at least, for games where all the players might be playing one.
                                That was what I was asking. Can you tell us some of those factors? What DOES make a character type unfit for PC usage?

Placeholder

Comment

Working...
                                X