This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    That's one of the things that's no longer entirely accurate.
    Thanks for giving us all this info.

I have to say I was initially concerned, but.... Alchemicals were introduced via an adventure and Dragon Kings in a location book. It makes sense to ease into the more unusual types of "potentially playable" character types to see what the response is and what they deserve in terms of resources. I guess I'd still prefer if they were "canon...but not something we're gonna talk about much" to "officially optional," but as long as they can be elevated to Canon if the response is good, I'll run with it.

Comment

That's one of the things that's no longer entirely accurate.
      Is it too early to say how much of each preview is being kept and how much is being kept? How much of the DB preview is accurate?

Comment

• Which of the three newly revealed Exalts are "those bitten soul-deep" and "derived from sleep?"

I'm guessing the guys at war with themselves and then the Dream-souled? And the former were driven out of the light of the First Age by Solars?

Comment

• I know it's still very early for this, but do you guys like the concept of Alchemicals being some kind of prototype for the five main exalted types, or do you think that will go away in this edition?

Join the Strife

Comment

• Do any of the "new" Exalts correlate/resonate with the Adamant Caste the way the "classic" Exalts do the other Alchemical Castes?

Any more hints in upcoming books about just who/what the Dark Mother is?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
              Do any of the "new" Exalts correlate/resonate with the Adamant Caste the way the "classic" Exalts do the other Alchemical Castes?
              Maaaybe.

Any more hints in upcoming books about just who/what the Dark Mother is?
              Probably not until Liminals.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                I know it's still very early for this, but do you guys like the concept of Alchemicals being some kind of prototype for the five main exalted types, or do you think that will go away in this edition?
                I'm not sure whether the events of prehistory are super important.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by reseru View Post
                  Which of the three newly revealed Exalts are "those bitten soul-deep" and "derived from sleep?"

I'm guessing the guys at war with themselves and then the Dream-souled? And the former were driven out of the light of the First Age by Solars?
                  Those hints aren't 100% accurate to where the concepts ended up.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Nilihum View Post
                    Is it too early to say how much of each preview is being kept and how much is being kept? How much of the DB preview is accurate?
                    I don't have perfect recall of the contents of the preview pdfs, but I'd say they're still mostly accurate.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• In the two-page spreads you have planned for the other Exalts, when listing Castes do you intend to mention the Adamant Caste for Alchemicals? And are they probably you think going to stay the "hidden" Caste?

And stuff.
                      My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post
                        In the two-page spreads you have planned for the other Exalts, when listing Castes do you intend to mention the Adamant Caste for Alchemicals? And are they probably you think going to stay the "hidden" Caste?
                        Yep to both.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Those hints aren't 100% accurate to where the concepts ended up.
                          I see. Thanks for not only revealing the new Exalts but also answering our questions about them.

Comment

• Are all of these new splats/types Exalted, or are you exploring other paths to power? For instance, god-blooded or demon-blooded had access to Charms, and ghosts had access to Arcanoi as of 2nd Ed. They could stand on the stage with the Exalted but were not themselves Exalted.

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Darkstep View Post
                              Are all of these new splats/types Exalted, or are you exploring other paths to power? For instance, god-blooded or demon-blooded had access to Charms, and ghosts had access to Arcanoi as of 2nd Ed. They could stand on the stage with the Exalted but were not themselves Exalted.
                              The three that I've been discussing are all Exalted proper. Ghosts, spirits, God-Blooded, Dragon Kings, Jadeborn, and weird things like Mist the Eternal Revolutionary and Ku Nenaveya are very much a part of the setting.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Right on! I'd miss 'em if they weren't around.

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

Working...
                                X