This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TDS View Post
    So player characters will be restricted to mostly 2 and 3 dot artifacts until they reach high Essence?
    Nah, you're free to take Artifact 4s and 5s as Merits and character creation, and can find higher-rating artifacts in the course of play just like anyone else. It's just about crafting them yourself.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      A Lunar of sufficient skill, experience, and Essence can attempt to craft Artifact 5s with a reasonable chance of success. Artifact N/As are typically beyond them, but not impossible. They have some "workhorse" Charms similar to Solar Crafting, but also diverge into some things that only a Lunar could do.
      Can you share what are some of those things that only a lunar can do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post

Can you share what are some of those things that only a lunar can do?

It's too early now. Later, though!

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So while it may be waaaaay to early to ask, I remember that long time ago it was said that the Raksha would have different mechanics than the Exalts, to emphasis their alien nature. Concept wise, is it still the case?

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
            So while it may be waaaaay to early to ask, I remember that long time ago it was said that the Raksha would have different mechanics than the Exalts, to emphasis their alien nature. Concept wise, is it still the case?
            They'll likely have a different structure to their Charms. That's primarily to make creating and running raksha antagonists easier on Storytellers, rather than to play up their alien nature.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I'm uncertain if it has been addressed already, but I remember in 1st and 2nd edition the Immaculate Order was portrayed as iconoclastic to the extent that even a sign depicting a boar was enough to warrant the destruction of an inn. I am curious if this has changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Galatine View Post
                I'm uncertain if it has been addressed already, but I remember in 1st and 2nd edition the Immaculate Order was portrayed as iconoclastic to the extent that even a sign depicting a boar was enough to warrant the destruction of an inn. I am curious if this has changed.
                The Immaculate Order is aniconic, with the following exceptions

1) Depictions of the Elemental Dragons and the Immaculate Dragons, so long as they're displayed in a properly reverent fashion.

2) Some pragmatic vocational exceptions, such as illustrated anatomical guidebooks and catalogues of herbs for physicians to use.

3) The Dragon-Blooded can do whatever they want.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

1) Depictions of the Elemental Dragons and the Immaculate Dragons, so long as they're displayed in a properly reverent fashion.

2) Some pragmatic vocational exceptions, such as illustrated anatomical guidebooks and catalogues of herbs for physicians to use.

I feel like that last one is fairly common...

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

Thanks! Makes me wonder about murals, sculpture, and artwork though. While I suppose a Dragon Blood could commission a portrait of themselves or sponsor artists or sculptors, it sounds like you won't find much in the way of statuary or similar public art.

Comment

• Originally posted by Galatine View Post

Thanks! Makes me wonder about murals, sculpture, and artwork though. While I suppose a Dragon Blood could commission a portrait of themselves or sponsor artists or sculptors, it sounds like you won't find much in the way of statuary or similar public art.
                      Aniconic artwork (i.e. doesn't depict anything) is fine.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

So, lots of geometric art? Maybe take a few pages from Muslim art? That sort of thing?

...How widely literate is the Realm? Might they post sections from the Immaculate Texts, caligraphed into amazing art?

Comment

• Hearteaters sound like they've been around for a long time, but how ancient or modern are Umbrals and Dream-Souled? Ancient? Post-Shogunate like Liminals? Practically brand new?

If the Dream-Souled stand between Creation and the Wyld, and are not connected to the raksha, does that mean they're sort of like the Liminals in that they're interested in keeping the two realities in their "proper" places with regards to each other? Or are they trying to enable the overtaking of one over the other?

Comment

What about abstract elmental stuff? Like wind swirls, waves, fires, vine motifs, and things like that, or is that still pushing it for the Immaculates at times?

And stuff.
                            My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Craft Houserules

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post

What about abstract elmental stuff? Like wind swirls, waves, fires, vine motifs, and things like that, or is that still pushing it for the Immaculates at times?
                              I think that'd be over the line.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                                Hearteaters sound like they've been around for a long time, but how ancient or modern are Umbrals and Dream-Souled? Ancient? Post-Shogunate like Liminals? Practically brand new?
                                Hearteaters are oldest, Dream-Souled are the newest. All of them predate the Time of Tumult.

If the Dream-Souled stand between Creation and the Wyld, and are not connected to the raksha, does that mean they're sort of like the Liminals in that they're interested in keeping the two realities in their "proper" places with regards to each other? Or are they trying to enable the overtaking of one over the other?
                                Neither of the above.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X