This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
    So, lots of geometric art? Maybe take a few pages from Muslim art? That sort of thing?
    Yeah.

...How widely literate is the Realm? Might they post sections from the Immaculate Texts, caligraphed into amazing art?
    Better than average, thanks to the Immaculate Order's educational efforts.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      I think that'd be over the line.
      Interesting. This is a change form the 1e DB book on the subject, so good to know and will keep in mind with future art things.

And stuff.
      My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

Five-dot artifacts, and to a lesser degree four-dots, are very difficult for even the most-invested Dragon-Blooded crafters, but are attainable if you have decent luck on your dice rolls.
        Normally, reaching for a certain level of Artifact and falling short means that the project simply dies. You could use the failed product as the basis or expendable component for another project, but the thing itself is stillborn.

Will the Dragon-Blooded get a Charm which lets them fail gracefully, allowing them to reach for the stars with an Artifact 4 or 5 and --should they fail-- settling for a 3-dot version of their ambition?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
          Normally, reaching for a certain level of Artifact and falling short means that the project simply dies. You could use the failed product as the basis or expendable component for another project, but the thing itself is stillborn.

Will the Dragon-Blooded get a Charm which lets them fail gracefully, allowing them to reach for the stars with an Artifact 4 or 5 and --should they fail-- settling for a 3-dot version of their ambition?
          No. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Bottomless Wellspring Approach says that when you introduce facts within your area of specialty "any extra successes are doubled".

What does that mean? If I buy successes with another charm, are those doubled? is it success over the difficulty, and what effect would that have?

Comment

• On the subject of the new Exalts, could you perhaps state a single fictional character which could be modeled as such for each of them, like Frankenstein's monster for Liminals, or (I think) Nox from Wakfu for Getimians?

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

No. 10char
                Is that because such an effect is not in themes for DBs but would work for other splats, something you don't want any splat to have or something they could have in theory but that you're not planning to make a canon charm for?

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
                Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
                Some Lintha QCs
                A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

• Originally posted by Synapse View Post
                  Bottomless Wellspring Approach says that when you introduce facts within your area of specialty "any extra successes are doubled".

What does that mean? If I buy successes with another charm, are those doubled? is it success over the difficulty, and what effect would that have?
                  "Extra successes" refer to your successes over the difficulty, aka threshold successes. This doesn't have any effect on its own; my best guess is that it's legacy code.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                    On the subject of the new Exalts, could you perhaps state a single fictional character which could be modeled as such for each of them, like Frankenstein's monster for Liminals, or (I think) Nox from Wakfu for Getimians?
                    Not for now, but only because I'm unsure of my ability to give examples that won't result in people getting false impressions. I'll think on that for a while.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by TDS View Post
                      Is that because such an effect is not in themes for DBs but would work for other splats, something you don't want any splat to have or something they could have in theory but that you're not planning to make a canon charm for?
                      Mostly the second one. I think it's more interesting for Charms to enable or reward success than mitigate failure.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Do you worry that including the new Exalts in Exigents book undermines the book's theme of how unique each Exigent is, whereas there's many of the new Exalts (compared to the near singular nature of any given Exigent; I imagine new Exalts numbering several dozen to a couple hundred at most)?

How is the line drawn between the collective nature of each new Exalt type and the city Exigents, which while there are probably more of them than other more individual Exigents they're still not a "splat" or "breed" of Exalt, like Solars or Hearteaters?

Comment

Mostly the second one. I think it's more interesting for Charms to enable or reward success than mitigate failure.
                          Yes, but... If a DB honestly can’t get to a point where creating a level 4 or 5 artifact is likely, it would be nice not to waste all that work and still salvage something from it in the likely event of failure.

Hmmm... What about a charm that let you study a failed or broken artifact and gain either some craft xp, bonus successes on your next similar artifact roll, or both?

Comment

• Originally posted by reseru View Post
                            Do you worry that including the new Exalts in Exigents book undermines the book's theme of how unique each Exigent is, whereas there's many of the new Exalts (compared to the near singular nature of any given Exigent; I imagine new Exalts numbering several dozen to a couple hundred at most)?
                            Nah.

How is the line drawn between the collective nature of each new Exalt type and the city Exigents, which while there are probably more of them than other more individual Exigents they're still not a "splat" or "breed" of Exalt, like Solars or Hearteaters?
                            Exigents are created by lesser gods by drawing upon the Exigence. The optional Exalted types are all created by divine patrons on par with the Incarnae.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

Yes, but... If a DB honestly can’t get to a point where creating a level 4 or 5 artifact is likely, it would be nice not to waste all that work and still salvage something from it in the likely event of failure.

Hmmm... What about a charm that let you study a failed or broken artifact and gain either some craft xp, bonus successes on your next similar artifact roll, or both?
                              I wouldn't rule it out entirely.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Exigents are created by lesser gods by drawing upon the Exigence. The optional Exalted types are all created by divine patrons on par with the Incarnae.
                                What other divine patrons on par with the Incarnae exist? Do you mean to introduce new Incarnae?

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

Working...
                                X