This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flinty View Post
    What other divine patrons on par with the Incarnae exist? Do you mean to introduce new Incarnae?
    In some cases, it's "existed."

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      Figured... but still, that sounds like a huge change to the setting to me. Guess it can be buried in tales of a lost age, so to speak.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

Five-dot artifacts, and to a lesser degree four-dots, are very difficult for even the most-invested Dragon-Blooded crafters, but are attainable if you have decent luck on your dice rolls.
        ​Is that the kind of thing that would get a sidebar laying it out, to be sure that players know what they're getting into before dedicating themselves to what might be a futile endeavour?

​I know sorcerous workings didn't have such a thing, but that seemed like a case of numbers that could speak for themselves, rather than a collection of modifiers.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Flinty View Post

Figured... but still, that sounds like a huge change to the setting to me. Guess it can be buried in tales of a lost age, so to speak.
          Even before we shifted these Exalted into the realm of optional canon, we conceived of their divine patrons in ways so as not to radically alter the setting in ways we weren't happy with.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

I would assume also that while some of these beings were on the level of Incarna, that doesn't necessarily mean they were counted among them?

And stuff.
            My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Craft Houserules

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post

I would assume also that while some of these beings were on the level of Incarna, that doesn't necessarily mean they were counted among them?
              Correct. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Correct. 10char
                Down with boxes! Freedom from taxonomy!

And stuff.
                My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Craft Houserules

Comment

• What actually makes an Incarna an Incarna, anyway? Is it just being the god of a Sky Thing?

Comment

• I wonder if the incursion of Cemunian's mock Creation resulted in some elements of that reality jumping ship before the Unconquered Sun torched it? I recall something about its skies becoming visible to the inhabitants of Creation as the two were about to collide, which makes me think of the influence of alien planets slipping in before they and their native reality were struck down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                      What actually makes an Incarna an Incarna, anyway? Is it just being the god of a Sky Thing?
                      I don't think it's a special metaphysical category, but a term for "those gods who are set apart from all others by the greatness of their power," who are Celestial because their domains are things in the skies of Creation.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

I don't think it's a special metaphysical category, but a term for "those gods who are set apart from all others by the greatness of their power," who are Celestial because their domains are things in the skies of Creation.
                        Is it possible for a 3rd Circle Demon to have this degree of power, or is that more at the “full Yozi” range?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

Is it possible for a 3rd Circle Demon to have this degree of power, or is that more at the “full Yozi” range?
                          Third Circle Demons don't qualify.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Nah.
                            I laughed at out. XD

Thanks for the answers again.

Comment

Even before we shifted these Exalted into the realm of optional canon, we conceived of their divine patrons in ways so as not to radically alter the setting in ways we weren't happy with.
                              ​Would any of these patrons be in a similar boat to the Voice in the Trench, where my reading was that it was ambiguous whether or not the thing really existed (at least in the terms understood by its worshippers)?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                                ​Would any of these patrons be in a similar boat to the Voice in the Trench, where my reading was that it was ambiguous whether or not the thing really existed (at least in the terms understood by its worshippers)?
                                Quite possibly.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X