This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps too early to answer, but a question about Lunars:

Solars can access a narrative about "loosing themselves" or "not being sure who is the real me" of sorts through Intimacy-bleeds from Personas. I expect Lunars have an easier time becoming multiple people without struggling to remain themselves, but might even them access that sort of narrative somehow, such as by delving deep into Charms to emulate an eaten victim's personality or get their memories or whatever?

EDIT: Also, besides King Cuerno, any more Lucha-Underground-inspired Lunar work?

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

• Originally posted by danelsan View Post
      Perhaps too early to answer, but a question about Lunars:

Solars can access a narrative about "loosing themselves" or "not being sure who is the real me" of sorts through Intimacy-bleeds from Personas. I expect Lunars have an easier time becoming multiple people without struggling to remain themselves, but might even them access that sort of narrative somehow, such as by delving deep into Charms to emulate an eaten victim's personality or get their memories or whatever?
      Definitely a possibility.

EDIT: Also, besides King Cuerno, any more Lucha-Underground-inspired Lunar work?
      I need to watch more of that ;_;

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

​Would any of these patrons be in a similar boat to the Voice in the Trench, where my reading was that it was ambiguous whether or not the thing really existed (at least in the terms understood by its worshippers)?
        Voice in the Trench?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

Voice in the Trench?
          The patron of the Spoken.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• The Mastery effect of Pearlescent Filigree Defense is a little unclear. Does it trigger automatically if you're struck by a decisive attack while the Charm is active?

Additionally, are Razor Dancer and Wise Steel supposed to have the Terrestrial keyword, or should I read those as Dissonant?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              Exigents are created by lesser gods by drawing upon the Exigence. The optional Exalted types are all created by divine patrons on par with the Incarnae.
              Would it be fair to assume that an Exigent’s power is not determined by the scope of their patron gods in terms of how quick/far they will scale? I kinda take it that this is inherent in the nature of Exaltation anyway.

On that note, how will a patron god’s nature which by definition should be very determinate (god of X) limit an Exigent’s individual themes (powers of X). Is it possible to branch out of your god-given specific theme (like into power over Y) the same way Dragon-Bloodeds can branch off to other elements? Or does the limitation work in some other way?

Comment

• Originally posted by VX3 View Post
                Would it be fair to assume that an Exigent’s power is not determined by the scope of their patron gods in terms of how quick/far they will scale? I kinda take it that this is inherent in the nature of Exaltation anyway.
                As a general rule, the power of an Exigent tends to correlate to the power of the god that created them, but that's something that Storytellers can vary to fit the needs of their game. If you want to play an Exigent whose power level is appropriate for a group of otherwise Dragon-Blooded PCs, or to create an Exigent that can present a fun challenge for a circle of Solars, you shouldn't have to spend any time agonizing over whether their patron god is of the appropriate power level. Just do it!

On that note, how will a patron god’s nature which by definition should be very determinate (god of X) limit an Exigent’s individual themes (powers of X). Is it possible to branch out of your god-given specific theme (like into power over Y) the same way Dragon-Bloodeds can branch off to other elements? Or does the limitation work in some other way?
                The nature of an Exigent's divine patron is the single most important and predominating factor in determining the nature of their Exaltation.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The MG View Post
                  The Mastery effect of Pearlescent Filigree Defense is a little unclear. Does it trigger automatically if you're struck by a decisive attack while the Charm is active?
                  The first time in the scene you use Pearlescent Filigree Defense to defend against a decisive attack, the Mastery effect triggers.

Additionally, are Razor Dancer and Wise Steel supposed to have the Terrestrial keyword, or should I read those as Dissonant?
                  The use of Terrestrial is intentional.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Prelude to my question. I have a long standing fascination with oneiromancy and other dream magic. My background in Exalted previous to this edition consists of the Solar and Abyssal books in first edition, and not a lot of context around Lunars beyond how they've been portrayed in that and the current storyline. And, from what has been said so far, the Dreamsouled seem caught up in the theme of "making an epic story" that seems to define the Wyld currently.

If I wanted a character to wander in the dreams of others, dispensing wisdom or guiding the unconscious, how would I best be suited to doing that? Some comments from the former devs implied that they might think that dreams were Lunar territory. But the themes of predator seem to override or outpace the hidden insight and potentially gentle wisdom I'm looking for in that concept. Dreamsouled, as I said, seem more focused on narrative than story. Flash over substance, as it were. I could see an Exigent filling the role certainly. You can always describe a god of *something*. But it feels to me as though an Exigent of wisdom who impinged on Luna's domain of dreams might come under fire from her, and one of wisdom would fall under the auspices of the Unconquered Sun, who seems little given to such a subtle medium.

What do you think is the right space for that kind of character? Someone who draws out a person's true nature, or seeks to soothe their inner demons as they sleep? Even one who seeks the hidden wisdom in mortal's dreams?

Comment

As a general rule, the power of an Exigent tends to correlate to the power of the god that created them, but that's something that Storytellers can vary to fit the needs of their game. If you want to play an Exigent whose power level is appropriate for a group of otherwise Dragon-Blooded PCs, or to create an Exigent that can present a fun challenge for a circle of Solars, you shouldn't have to spend any time agonizing over whether their patron god is of the appropriate power level. Just do it!

The nature of an Exigent's divine patron is the single most important and predominating factor in determining the nature of their Exaltation.
                      Then do you think that during character creation the player will have some degree of authorship as to the nature of their character’s divine patron? Like I’ve always been possessed by a desire to play the Chosen of Silence for instance. In my mind, God of Silence presides over quiet cracks and crevices, awkard silences and also that deep ravine at the end of the world where entities whose hurt fall on deaf ears go to (not to) die.

It’s possible that there are smarter ways to model this spirit than just attaching the concept of silence on it. It’s also possible that my ST might just like the idea and run with it. I suppose the best way to deal with this type of retroactive authorship the player might have over a piece of Creation’s metaphysical reality would be through talking it out with the ST. But I’m just wondering what your thoughts would be on how to handle a collective worldbuilding like this in the book? Although I understand if it is far too early to say anything definitive on this.

Thanks for all the answers!

Comment

• What would be the best way to handle an army mounted on elephants/mammoths?
                        I want to have 100+ combatants on say 20 elephants attack, but I'm not sure if I should just make it a Size 3 Battle Group of "Soldiers on Elephants", or have a battle group of soldiers and one of the elephants, or what the solution here is.
                        Because I do like the idea of the elephants being able to attack, but am not sure if splitting the group won't just cause more headaches.

Comment

The first time in the scene you use Pearlescent Filigree Defense to defend against a decisive attack, the Mastery effect triggers.
                          So you... pay the Charm's cost?
                          By default, the Charm doesn't interact with decisives at all, so I'm not clear on what "use Pearlescent Filigree Defense to defend against a decisive attack" means.

Comment

• I know I am already over 10 pages late for this conversation but as a Fair Folk player I would hope that when the time comes for them to finally get their own book, which will unfortunately be years from now, they would get as complete book as any of the other classic core splats. That is to say I resent the very idea they would be simplified for ST use any more than the Solars were or the Dragon-Blooded will be. That is to say they deserve full treatment along side the rest of the classic hardback book earning splats.

Do take into consideration that though my kind are a minority I have always disliked Exalteds humanocentric worldview, even if I do like Exalted immensly, which is why my favourite exalts have always been those further removed from humanity, and heavily elemental DBs, and it is also thelikely reason for my dislike of solars. The Fae have from their 1st ed incarnation forward given me, and others who like their inhumanity, something exiting and challenging to play. They are my breath of fresh air and a nice dose of Chaos in Creation and offer me something exiting beyond it as well.

So while I do get that Fae players are a minority yet I would still hope that after 4 to 5 years of waiting we would get a book meant equally for players and ST’s just like with the other main splats.

Sorry for the rant but this is a matter close to my Heart Grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by VX3 View Post

Then do you think that during character creation the player will have some degree of authorship as to the nature of their character’s divine patron? Like I’ve always been possessed by a desire to play the Chosen of Silence for instance. In my mind, God of Silence presides over quiet cracks and crevices, awkard silences and also that deep ravine at the end of the world where entities whose hurt fall on deaf ears go to (not to) die.

It’s possible that there are smarter ways to model this spirit than just attaching the concept of silence on it. It’s also possible that my ST might just like the idea and run with it. I suppose the best way to deal with this type of retroactive authorship the player might have over a piece of Creation’s metaphysical reality would be through talking it out with the ST. But I’m just wondering what your thoughts would be on how to handle a collective worldbuilding like this in the book? Although I understand if it is far too early to say anything definitive on this.
                              There's a canonical god of silence, Wayang, although he comes off a bit different than that idea.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• In rereading the Dragon-Blooded blurb in the core-book it mentions in the Inheritors of Evocations section that "A rare few... have managed to draw forth power meant for the Solars alone". Is that just some story seeds or is that an actual stated out power-set? If so is it improper to ask for a teaser as to what that means?

Comment

Working...
                                X