This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    The optional Exalted types are all created by divine patrons on par with the Incarnae.
    Do the Getimain also have (or had) a patron on par with the Incarnae?

Comment

• Beastmen. Are they still a matter of genealogy of kinship? In my current game, I’m using a Lunar who is using a sorcerous working that beastifies people of a particular tribe if certain conditions are met. This has been working well for my game, because of my preferences as a ST for my own game. However I’m curious about the line’s stance on this: do Lunars beget beastmen by establishing kinship ties like they used to do, or can they blur the kinship ties through mystical means?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snakesandsuns View Post
        Do the Getimain also have (or had) a patron on par with the Incarnae?
        Yep.

(and it ain't Rakan Thulio, that's for sure)

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by VX3 View Post
          Beastmen. Are they still a matter of genealogy of kinship? In my current game, I’m using a Lunar who is using a sorcerous working that beastifies people of a particular tribe if certain conditions are met. This has been working well for my game, because of my preferences as a ST for my own game. However I’m curious about the line’s stance on this: do Lunars beget beastmen by establishing kinship ties like they used to do, or can they blur the kinship ties through mystical means?
          Both are viable options, but if a Lunar wants to get as many beastfolk as possible to serve them, they're going to be best served by mystical means.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Yep.

(and it ain't Rakan Thulio, that's for sure)
            Neat! So it has been mentioned that before Rakan Thulio unsealed them that Getimain Exalted existed but were not active/circulating. Does this mean that they were active in the past and for some reason 'retired' much like the Solars were, or that they were never really 'activated' and have sat dormant until this age?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snakesandsuns View Post
              Neat! So it has been mentioned that before Rakan Thulio unsealed them that Getimain Exalted existed but were not active/circulating. Does this mean that they were active in the past and for some reason 'retired' much like the Solars were, or that they were never really 'activated' and have sat dormant until this age?
              The Getimians were sealed away very shortly after their creation, but I wouldn't foreclose the possibility of there having been some active Getimians prior to that, if Storytellers want to roll with that at their table.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Can you use Seven Shadows Evasion to negate Hypnotic Tongue Technique?

Comment

• Originally posted by deadnite3 View Post
                  Can you use Seven Shadows Evasion to negate Hypnotic Tongue Technique?
                  No. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Does the initiative loss from Searing Quicksilver Flight affect battle groups?

Comment

• The impression I'm getting is that, back during the creation of the Solars, Lunars, etc. that there were also a bunch of other new Exalted types created. And, in the current age, there are lots more exalted types being created, released, modded, etc. I'll grant that the Spoken were probably created around the time of the Neobraran War, but have there been any types of Exalted that came about during the Shogunate or Scarlet Empress years?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                        The impression I'm getting is that, back during the creation of the Solars, Lunars, etc. that there were also a bunch of other new Exalted types created. And, in the current age, there are lots more exalted types being created, released, modded, etc. I'll grant that the Spoken were probably created around the time of the Neobraran War, but have there been any types of Exalted that came about during the Shogunate or Scarlet Empress years?
                        Yep. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by deadnite3 View Post
                          Does the initiative loss from Searing Quicksilver Flight affect battle groups?
                          Storyteller call. It's really not clear from the text how that interaction is supposed to work, and I didn't write the battle group system or the Solar Charms, so I'm in no better position to give an authoritative answer than any given ST.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Yep. 10char
                            Very cool.

Comment

• How well-known are the auxiliary Exalteds? I would imagine very little at large, but in terms of the Silver Pact or the Realm or the Sidereals? Do they manage to fly under the radar as "weird, no-doubt blackmarket," Exigents?

Comment

• The question above reminds me: Are the 'auxiliary Exalted' even known/recognisable as Exalted at all? Or would there be IC discussion if they fit in the same category as Exigents and Solars and so on?

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
                                Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
                                Some Lintha QCs
                                A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

Working...
                                X