This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    I suspect this has more to do with the somewhat fraught development process of Arms than with actual philosophy of design. When the book was first outlined, there were absolutely no plans for any kind of guide to designing your own Evocations, and by the time development of the book was handed over to Eric and me, everything was in this weird totally new system that we had to tear down and build back up again. I wrote some pretty brief guidelines on to how to design Evocations because I knew people would want some guidance, but I simply didn't have the time to go into a longer-form design treatise. Given the opportunity, I would've liked to do so, but, like Alveua, I don't have the shaping of all things, and I knew that Exigents was going to eventually come and go into that depth.
    Will the exigent book also help with the creation of evocations?

Comment

• Originally posted by ale137 View Post

Will the exigent book also help with the creation of evocations?
      Yeah. I'm planning to break down the fundamentals of Charm design, and Evocations are really just artifact Charms.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        Each of the optional Exalted has a unique mechanical premise that's the foundation of their Charms and play experience. These things are related to their foil-relationship with others, but in a way that's more involved than just "these guys are monstrous in a different way than Lunars are."
        Would the yin-yang mote pool things of Getimians be an example of that I am assuming?

And stuff.
        My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post

Would the yin-yang mote pool things of Getimians be an example of that I am assuming?
          Yeah. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Actually, something related to the Getimian yin-yang thing is that the terms yin and yang or anything else dealing with the taijitu is really talked about much in Exalted in-depth. Will these mostly exist as system terms for Getimians I'm guessing, or are there going to be more English-termed stuff? And is dualism in the yin-yang sense a big thing for Getmians?

And stuff.
            My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post

The current practice is like referring to the presence and activities of a single Baptist Church in town as “The Protestant Reformation”. The entire Reformation movement.
              ​I'd propose it's more like referring to a distinct institution of the Catholic Church as "the Church", which people have done for centuries.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• This question could decide the fate of Creation.

What do yeddim taste like?

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
                  This question could decide the fate of Creation.

I never realized until this moment how much I need to know the answer to that question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post
                    Actually, something related to the Getimian yin-yang thing is that the terms yin and yang or anything else dealing with the taijitu is really talked about much in Exalted in-depth. Will these mostly exist as system terms for Getimians I'm guessing, or are there going to be more English-termed stuff?
                    Other than yin and yang motes, I think all related terms will be in-setting, rather than technical mechanical stuff.

And is dualism in the yin-yang sense a big thing for Getmians?
                    Mechanically yes, but thematically, not so much.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
                      This question could decide the fate of Creation.

Probably not great.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• When it comes to evocations what kind of themes to you feel fit better on hearth stones vs artifacts?

Comment

• A little thing that has been nagging me for some time of late.

How much wiggle room there is the definitions of flesh & fluids valid for neomah baby-crafting? Do hair, tears, sweat and nail clippings count?

What about more exotic forms of "living matter" like the miststuff that composes cloud people, bark & leaves from a grandfather tree, gravel shed by an earth elemental, or something taken from a ghost's ephemeral flesh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snakesandsuns View Post
                            When it comes to evocations what kind of themes to you feel fit better on hearth stones vs artifacts?
                            I don't think the main difference is really in themes, but in structure and complexity. Designing one or two Evocations as opposed to designing five to twelve are two very different tasks.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Baaldam View Post
                              A little thing that has been nagging me for some time of late.

How much wiggle room there is the definitions of flesh & fluids valid for neomah baby-crafting? Do hair, tears, sweat and nail clippings count?

What about more exotic forms of "living matter" like the miststuff that composes cloud people, bark & leaves from a grandfather tree, gravel shed by an earth elemental, or something taken from a ghost's ephemeral flesh?
                              There's a good deal of wiggle, and they can samples from parent-donors that are spirits or something similarly weird.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I have an issue I’m trying to solve for. I found several published evocation from AotC that I think fit the theme of an afrifact I am putting together but that artifact is of a higher rating. Say I’m converting them, going from 3 to 5 dot or 4 to 5 dot rating, what should be done to adjust the evocation to be in alignment with the new artifact rating? Would the bonuses or powers need to be ramped up or would it be better to lower the cost of the evocations? Any advice would be appreciated.

Craft rewrite.
                                Twitter Handle: at maudova

Comment

Working...
                                X