Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello, Im a new ST, and also new to this forum, ill introduce myself later i have a game in 1h30

- My night caste player wants to make a pact with 5 days nights to gain the +1 essence and be branded a creature of darkness.

so the question is:

A) is this possible for a solar, if so what effect does it do to him, is anima and is charm. also to other solars from his circle
    B) what does creature of darkness do. i don't see anything in the 3rd edition about it. and by google search i got the old definition and the fact that the HOLY keyword is not present now.

so how does it affect the present game

tks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by devaking View Post
      hello, Im a new ST, and also new to this forum, ill introduce myself later i have a game in 1h30

- My night caste player wants to make a pact with 5 days nights to gain the +1 essence and be branded a creature of darkness.

so the question is:

A) is this possible for a solar, if so what effect does it do to him, is anima and is charm. also to other solars from his circle
      Getting +1 Essence is a major, major advantage that will put him ahead of all the other PCs. I don't recommend giving it out.

B) what does creature of darkness do. i don't see anything in the 3rd edition about it. and by google search i got the old definition and the fact that the HOLY keyword is not present now.
      While the Holy keyword is no longer used, there are still effects that are more powerful against creatures of darkness. There's no intrinsic effect from being a creature of darkness.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Maudova View Post
        I have an issue I’m trying to solve for. I found several published evocation from AotC that I think fit the theme of an afrifact I am putting together but that artifact is of a higher rating. Say I’m converting them, going from 3 to 5 dot or 4 to 5 dot rating, what should be done to adjust the evocation to be in alignment with the new artifact rating? Would the bonuses or powers need to be ramped up or would it be better to lower the cost of the evocations? Any advice would be appreciated.
        I'd tend towards ramping up the power or tacking on additional effects (with commensurate-but-efficient cost increases), rather than just giving it super-efficient versions of other Evocations.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• tks for the quick answer.

it is part of a shaping ritual base on five days darkness ( guess i should a posted it ) it is a five dot merit and the player as defining intimacy advancing five days darkness plots and office in creation

5 days night pact
          You have met with him on calibration, during those five days you acted has a vessel to protect him from the lights of the divine. Maybe he whispered to you or maybe his essence robbed off on you, but a part of him now resides in you. All the knowledge and power of the first shadow now flow trough you. You have made a pact with five days night.
          Shaping ritual:
          Since five days night is never present during the day, he could not pass on knowledge of how to harness mystical energy during that period. The only thing he could say is “stick to the shadows so that the divines in the sky don’t see you.”
          If you start the scene expose to the sun, moon or one of the five maiden, you only receive {(intelligence + occult)/2} sorcerous motes. If you start the scene in the shadows or unexposed to one of the divine, you gain the {(intelligence + occult) + essence rating} each time you use shaping ritual. Since five days night is the only truly active god during calibration, all shaping ritual wield double sorcerous mote during that period, following the normal light/shadow rule.
          Five days night has a lot of accumulated knowledge and hungers for more. Has you ingest page from old tomes, the ink character appear on your skin and flow in direction of your eyes. The more you eat the more your eye become pitch black sphere from the ink that it absorbs. Eating pages from a book will confer 1 to 4 sorcerous motes. 1 for a quarter too 4 for the complete book, the blackness of your eyes fill from center in the same way. If you eat more then one book you start to cry ink from you eyes and gain no more motes.
          Rules of the season (merit 2)
          You gain knowledge of the intricate ways season spirit affect the world during each season, you can now tap directly in that energy:
          During the season of air: you tap in the air flows of your lung to reduce your weight, gain +1 on movement rolls. When falling reduce distance by one range band
          During the season of wood: you tap in the primal essence in your body. When hiding in vegetation gain +1 stealth and covers is one step further.
          During the season of earth: you tap in your bone to harden them. All craft are less strenuous gain -1 difficulty. You gain natural 1 soak and hardness has long has you touch the ground
          During the season of fire: you tap in you’re the emotion of joy and hatred. All major and defining intimacy gets +1 to align and opposed dice pool. +1 to damage versus hated intimacy.
          During the season of water: you tap in the vast amount of water in your body. You can breath underwater. Gain +1 evasion

The shadows knows all (merit 3)
          Your eyes become two sphere of pitch black darkness. When you eat a book, you skin starts to become pitch black, starting from the area around your eyes and outward; you no longer cry ink and can now absorb a number of books equal to your essence per scene. When making a lore or occult roll, add +2 to your dice pool. Gain another +1 per tome you have eaten this scene, doing so consumes one book from your body. You will need to eat more books to use the bonus again
          Kiss from the shadows (merit 5)
          You are blesse by a kiss on the forehead by five days night. You accept a part of him in you, becoming a creature of darkness in exchange to a direct access to his essence. You permanently gain +1 essence and become a creature of darkness for game purpose. Your blood becomes pitch black and can be seen thought your skin; your eyes are now always black spheres. Consuming book now makes your whole body look like a living shadow. When confronted with the light from one of the celestial exalted, make a willpower roll diff 2 to be able to stand in close range or reflexively move to short range of him. If you are a celestial exlted roll ( stamina + resistance) the # of success represent the number of round you can maintain solar charm or spell of the celestial 1st and second circle.

Comment

• What do you think about Second Edition’s attempt at giving Sidereals actual Limit Breaks?

Do Limit Breaks really makes sense for anyone but Solar and Infernal Exalted?

Should the Lunar Great Curse be as subtle as the First Edition Curse of the Sidereals, which basically had no mechanical representation at all?

Or will the Curse for Lunars and Sidereals be at least as much of a presence as for Dragon-Blooded?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
              What do you think about Second Edition’s attempt at giving Sidereals actual Limit Breaks?
              I think the idea was good, but the implementation was questionable.

Do Limit Breaks really makes sense for anyone but Solar and Infernal Exalted?
              Yes.

Should the Lunar Great Curse be as subtle as the First Edition Curse of the Sidereals, which basically had no mechanical representation at all?
              No.

Or will the Curse for Lunars and Sidereals be at least as much of a presence as for Dragon-Blooded?
              Even more so.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Regarding Shadow Replacement Technique:

-If a Solar is in the shadow of a target without exerting control, how would the host percieve the possession? Is it in any way uncomfortable or do they more or less feel normal? Can they control themselves freely until the Solar exerts its control?

-If a solar controlled individual tries to attune to artifact armor or weapons, can the solar attune/force them to attune and wield them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gigaton-Falcon-Emu View Post
                  Regarding Shadow Replacement Technique:

-If a Solar is in the shadow of a target without exerting control, how would the host percieve the possession? Is it in any way uncomfortable or do they more or less feel normal? Can they control themselves freely until the Solar exerts its control?
                  The Solar is free not to exert control. I don't imagine doing so is particularly stealthy, since your victim presumably saw you dive into their shadow and is aware that's not a normal thing, but ultimately, Storyteller call.

-If a solar controlled individual tries to attune to artifact armor or weapons, can the solar attune/force them to attune and wield them?
                  The Solar can attempt to compel them to attune the same way they can compel them to take any other action. The Solar can't use her own motes to attune an artifact for her victim (or, more broadly speaking, use her own Charms to enhance the victim's actions).

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    I don't imagine doing so is particularly stealthy, since your victim presumably saw you dive into their shadow and is aware that's not a normal thing, but ultimately, Storyteller call.
                    Clearly you underestimate the power of the stealth supernal Solar. Understandable, since he erased himself from your memory.

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
                    Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
                    Some Lintha QCs
                    A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

• More serious question now:

Can an Eclipse oath hold an entire nation, or the leadership of that nation, accountable to a promise made by delegate or emissary?
                      Last edited by Prometheus878; 02-17-2018, 10:28 PM.

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

• Originally posted by TDS View Post
                        Clearly you underestimate the power of the stealth supernal Solar. Understandable, since he erased himself from your memory.
                        I'd definitely let a player pulling off that combo go undetected while shadow-riding until they choose to act.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
                          More serious question now:

Can an Eclipse oath hold an entire nation, or the leadership of that nation, accountable to a promise made by delegate or emissary?
                          No. Only the person who swears an oath is bound by it (although an oath-swearer's vow could be broken by the act of a third party by no fault of the oath-swearer's own)

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Does War God Descendent give a "virtual" Size increase or does it mean you've actually just recruited a ton more soldiers in the middle of planning a battle?

Comment

• What happens when a Realm Dragon-Blooded falls in battle and loses their panoply, only for it to be recovered or found by someone else years later? Does Realm law/custom demand that an artifact is returned to kin of the deceased, and if so does this tradition have any real teeth to force people to comply? What if the artifact was the possession or property of an Immaculate shikari rather than a dynast?

I can think of a lot of ways this makes for interesting plot hooks on a character, but what's the actual official stance of the Realm?

Comment

• Originally posted by LastChronicler View Post
                                What happens when a Realm Dragon-Blooded falls in battle and loses their panoply, only for it to be recovered or found by someone else years later? Does Realm law/custom demand that an artifact is returned to kin of the deceased, and if so does this tradition have any real teeth to force people to comply? What if the artifact was the possession or property of an Immaculate shikari rather than a dynast?

I can think of a lot of ways this makes for interesting plot hooks on a character, but what's the actual official stance of the Realm?
                                I would guess "you got it, you keep it" goes, as the panoply was lost due to defeat/tragedy. What were the dead dynast's close relatives doing that they failed to send some expedition/group of young angry exalts looking for action/blood/glory to avenge its fall and recover its stuff if they cared so much for certain heirloom?

Treasure and bragging rights go to the bold, successful adventurer.
                                Last edited by Baaldam; 02-17-2018, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X