Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solars don't need worn-weapons with the Smashing tag or Smashing attacks to use Heaven Thunder Hammer.

But could they upgrade HTH to grant additional benefits if they have such weapons and supplement a Decisive Smashing attack with HTH?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• I'm considering using a Craft-heavy Twilight NPC fighting in a warstrider. I'm torn on having the sheer size of the strider having an influence on Craft projects magnitude.

Here's a few practical questions:

1° What counts as Basic/Major/Superior, in terms of time interval, but also considering Craftsman Needs No Tools and (to a lesser extent, considering how warstriders are MADE for tearing things up) Shattering Grasp? I feel like crafting very small objects could possibly bump from Basic to Major, considering it's equivalent to working with very small parts. On the other hand, I feel like rough, large-scale work like digging a ditch could bump down.
      2° Reaching further, should Object-Strenghtening Touch's size limit be altered in a similar way?

It's a stretch ant certainly not RAW, but there's also cinematic value to be found in a gigantic machine of war manipulating the landscape in a kaiju fight.

Comment

• Thanks Robert!
        One last question (for now)
        Death of Obsidian Butterflies (undodgeable attack) vs Seven Shadow Evasion (perfrect dodge).
        Which one wins?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lerinome View Post
          Thanks Robert!
          One last question (for now)
          Death of Obsidian Butterflies (undodgeable attack) vs Seven Shadow Evasion (perfrect dodge).
          Which one wins?
          Seven Shadow Evasion lets you dodge undodgeable attacks.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sagara View Post
            I'm considering using a Craft-heavy Twilight NPC fighting in a warstrider. I'm torn on having the sheer size of the strider having an influence on Craft projects magnitude.

Here's a few practical questions:

1° What counts as Basic/Major/Superior, in terms of time interval, but also considering Craftsman Needs No Tools and (to a lesser extent, considering how warstriders are MADE for tearing things up) Shattering Grasp? I feel like crafting very small objects could possibly bump from Basic to Major, considering it's equivalent to working with very small parts. On the other hand, I feel like rough, large-scale work like digging a ditch could bump down.
            2° Reaching further, should Object-Strenghtening Touch's size limit be altered in a similar way?

It's a stretch ant certainly not RAW, but there's also cinematic value to be found in a gigantic machine of war manipulating the landscape in a kaiju fight.
            If you're the Storyteller, you're as qualified as I am to make those ad hoc adjustments. Sounds reasonable to me.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
              Solars don't need worn-weapons with the Smashing tag or Smashing attacks to use Heaven Thunder Hammer.

But could they upgrade HTH to grant additional benefits if they have such weapons and supplement a Decisive Smashing attack with HTH?
              Sure. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So, I have a question about the charm wording on the amazing Eska of the Seven Blades we got today.
                Specifically, in the text for Deadly Beastman Transformation, it mentions that it gives +4 withering damage dice if Hybrid Body Transformation is active.
                However, it reads like HBT should be replaced by Deadly Beastman Transformation.
                While it is in no way a problem if it functions as written, the order of the charm text confused me somewhat.

Also, many thanks to whoever gave us a Lunar preview. With DB's on the horizon, my excitement of Exalted only keeps growing.

Comment

• Originally posted by wern212 View Post
                  So, I have a question about the charm wording on the amazing Eska of the Seven Blades we got today.
                  Specifically, in the text for Deadly Beastman Transformation, it mentions that it gives +4 withering damage dice if Hybrid Body Transformation is active.
                  However, it reads like HBT should be replaced by Deadly Beastman Transformation.
                  While it is in no way a problem if it functions as written, the order of the charm text confused me somewhat.
                  Since you need Hybrid Body Transformation active to use Deadly Beastman Transformation, it doesn't really make a difference.

Also, many thanks to whoever gave us a Lunar preview. With DB's on the horizon, my excitement of Exalted only keeps growing.
                  That'd be Eric and Meghan!

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So, is Eska being able to boost her soak via excellency a thing Lunars can do normally or is it just to simplify stuff and save space?

Comment

• hi,
                      been googling this but im bouncing from post to post with no direct answer.

Do exalted bleed or only mortals? if a player or antagonist ( spirit elemental, god ...) take damage do they bleed or do they only get the penalty and after a little rest they heal naturally. leaving only the frail mortal to bleed out?

wanted to know because, the medecine ability says you can stop bleeding, but i dont see the rules for bleeding. would that meen that medecine ability and charms are only usable toward mortal , for healing purpose?

Comment

• The rules for bleeding out are in the sidebar on page 174.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                          Since you need Hybrid Body Transformation active to use Deadly Beastman Transformation, it doesn't really make a difference.
                          DBT is listed as Simple but says it can be reflexively activated with HBT, which is itself a Simple Charm.

Does that mean you need to either power up all at once in a single turn or be punished for half-measures later if you need to spend a second action going all the way?

Also, can HBT allow for individual purchases of as many Supernatural Merits as your totem can justify, or is does it provide a static pool?
                          Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 02-28-2018, 12:47 PM.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Why is she Eska of the Seven Blades, when she only uses six?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                              The rules for bleeding out are in the sidebar on page 174.

tks for response, but all it says is mortal bleed. so i am to assume exalted and such dont bleed. since it says:

that mortal bleed when dmg is greter then stamina and the intel + mededine has a difficulty of the mortals wound penalty.

it never mentions the exalts. meaning medecine is for dealing with mortals only right

Comment

• You're either overestimating Exalted Healing or underestimating Solar Medicine.

Comment

Working...
                                X