This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
    You're either overestimating Exalted Healing or underestimating Solar Medicine.
    I asked about this earlier. RAW Exalted don’t risk dying from eventual blood loss from wounds that otherwise wouldn’t have been fatal like mortals do.

That’s not to say they don’t bleed in-setting, but mechanically part of reflecting their greater resilience is that’s covered by the initial damage only, they don’t take continuing damage from it.

But Medicine Charms treat wounds far more extensive than the additional damage from mortal blood loss, so I don’t know what devaking means there.
    Last edited by glamourweaver; 02-28-2018, 02:38 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• First, great to see a Lunar guys, thanks! As we have a Lunar in our game, it's pretty useful to see stuff like the base shapeshifting rules and how they interact with excellencies confirmed.

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
      So, is Eska being able to boost her soak via excellency a thing Lunars can do normally or is it just to simplify stuff and save space?
      I assume that this is just the excellency effect, and that actual soak charms would let you buy more than Sta/2 extra soak?* Is that correct Vance?

*The excellency only increasing soak by Stamina/2 seemed pretty weak to me, but I remember someone (Holden?) saying that you guys didn't want to make the Stamina excellency to good at boosting soak, because then there'd be no point buying Hide-Toughening Essence (or 3rd ed equivalent).

So, first a question from me.
      Eska has 6 daiklaives (they're cool! I like the power and evocations). She just attunes them once, and pays for them with one Artefact 3.
      Does this mean buying a pair of short daiklaives counts as 1xArtefact 3? And 1 x 5 motes?
      If I make a pair of short daiklaives for myself (which my crafter may wish to do, he has 2 short swords now), is that just one Artefact 3 to make?
      I was never sure about this.

And from my friend:
      Unlike Solar Counterattack, Coiled Serpant Attack doesn't specify that it "does not count as the Exalt’s combat action and
      cannot be used in response to another counterattack".
      Does that mean it does count as your combat action?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Is the extra soak Stamina/2 rounded down or up?

Oh, and will the Appearance excellency have a similar mechanic to the Stamina excellency? I mean, for the purposes of extra dice, will you be able to increase your Appearance by half?
        Or will you have to buy a charm for that?

Comment

• Am I reading this right? That normally Eska's soak boosting cap is 2, but if she stunts str/dex/wits it rises to 6?

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

I asked about this earlier. RAW Exalted don’t risk dying from eventual blood loss from wounds that otherwise wouldn’t have been fatal like mortals do.

That’s not to say they don’t bleed in-setting, but mechanically part of reflecting their greater resilience is that’s covered by the initial damage only, they don’t take continuing damage from it.

But Medicine Charms treat wounds far more extensive than the additional damage from mortal blood loss, so I don’t know what devaking means there.
            thats exactly what i wanted to know. exalts dont bleed in game mechanic terms. they do for the flare and stuff but not mechanically.

meaning that the treat wounds action is for helping mortals not healing one's own wounds. since it only offer to stop the bleeding so that treatment and rest can start.

its just that one of my player took 1 in medecine to heal himself but no charm. so i was wondering to what extend it could actually help him

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
            You're either overestimating Exalted Healing or underestimating Solar Medicine.
            yeah i might lol. but this was more for the abiltity's action and not exalted healing or charm

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
              Why is she Eska of the Seven Blades, when she only uses six?
              The original concept had this as a nickname applied by her mentor to describe her sharp tongue, but I forgot to actually mention it in the text.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• It's okay, a fair few of us worked that out anyway.

Two more questions:
                Hybrid Body Rearrangement doesn't count as an animal form, so Eska doesn't get extra attacks from Octopus and Spider Barrage.
                What about Deadly Beastman Transformation? I assume this still doesn't count as an animal form.

Also: I noticed there are now 7 entries in Adversaries of the Righteous and 20 entries for Hundred Devils Night Parade. Does this mean that Hundred Devils Night Parade is closer to being finished, or is it going to be longer than Adversaries of the Righteous?

(Assuming the plan is still to work up to a final finished book. Maybe you just intend to keep producing them as micro-supplements, I don't know.)
                Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 02-28-2018, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Do evocations created from design beyond limit have to relate to the other evocations of the artifact?

For example, let's say I have a Daiklave that's all about burning things up and has tree dedicated to that. Would it be seen as okay to add something unrelated to that tree such as a charm that prevents disarmament or calls the blade to it's wielder?

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayWalker View Post
                    Do evocations created from design beyond limit have to relate to the other evocations of the artifact?

For example, let's say I have a Daiklave that's all about burning things up and has tree dedicated to that. Would it be seen as okay to add something unrelated to that tree such as a charm that prevents disarmament or calls the blade to it's wielder?
                    i don't see why not, the evocation are created from the bond and usage of its weilder. seing has how its a fire oriented sword, for flare purpose, you could say it breafly transform in a bolt of fire that dodges around obstacle back to the weilders hand or that when you sucessfully resist disarm the other attack pass trought it like it was made of flame, becoming the second after solid again.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                      It's okay, a fair few of us worked that out anyway.

Also: I noticed there are now 7 entries in Adversaries of the Righteous and 20 entries for Hundred Devils Night Parade. Does this mean that Hundred Devils Night Parade is closer to being finished, or is it going to be longer than Adversaries of the Righteous?

(Assuming the plan is still to work up to a final finished book. Maybe you just intend to keep producing them as micro-supplements, I don't know.)
                      Well, it won't be finished unless there is actually a hundred entries? Otherwise the title is just filthy lies! Joking aside I actually really like supplements that drip feed like this, Mutants and Masterminds does it often. I think it keeps players engaged with something to look at every couple of weeks, a good way of sneaking in ideas for other larger supplements, and is a good place to experiment. Additionally Exalted has lots of demons and elementals to update so it isn't like there is going to be a lack of material anytime soon. Besides a biweekly update like this could be good for something like a future book of spells, martial arts, or another artifact book.

Comment

• So how crazy can lunars get with chimeras? Is there a limit on how many animals one can stick together, and does it have to be just animals or can plants, minerals, and other elements be incorporated to make truly strange myth spawning monsters?! If they can’t how do they incorporate the truly weird forms of some of the animals that have crawled out of the wyrd?

I imagine a lion with manes of poisonous vipers, a colossal eagle with the head of a tiger and talons that drip with spider venom, a bears with flesh molded from the night sky, or a ram with skin studded with precious gems and horns made of thorny roses?
                        Last edited by Snakesandsuns; 02-28-2018, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Eric Minton were you envisioning Eska's spirit shape as a normal real wolf spider, or a giant wolf spider the size of a dog kind of thing? Inquiring minds would like to know, hahah!

Comment

• Ok, a few more new questions:

1) Do every other kind of Exalted (including Abyssal Exalted) recover 5 motes per turn as Solars do?

2) Does it make sense to parry with Brawl, but use a shield? Or if you parry with a shield, you're parrying with Melee?

3) I don't understand how Intercepting Fury Smite is supposed to upgrade Force-Rendering Strike. If the Solar uses an improvised weapon for the clash that Force-Rendering gave him, he gains benefits, but by doing so, isn't it a Melee attack instead of a Brawl? If not, how small/large should the improvised weapon be?
                            Last edited by Lerinome; 02-28-2018, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

The original concept had this as a nickname applied by her mentor to describe her sharp tongue, but I forgot to actually mention it in the text.
                              ​Hmm... what would her Favoured Attributes be?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• The Frozen Heart is made out of "Unmelting Ice" with a hilt of Orichalcum, and is Resonant with both Ku Nenaveya and Abyssals. Does this specifically exclude Resonance with Solars? If that is the case, then does this mean that while Solars are Resonant with all of the magical materials, this refers specifically to the 5 Magical Materials, and Exotic Materials don't necessarily count as Magical Materials?

Comment

Working...
                                X