This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post
    Will abysals and Infernal be able to craft at the same level of Solars?
    Yep, or at least, real close to it. Look upon their works, ye mighty, and despair.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So, if Deadly Beastman Transformation functions as an upgrade to Hybrid Body Transformation, at least in this write-up, does that mean that it no longer entails physical transformation in its own right?

​Does Eska's write-up and design represent a shift in how Lunars are going to be depicted, where their hybrid form is no more transformed than what the Merits they can actually acquire imply, so more variety than were-beasts?

​For that matter, does it offer a lot of latitude in how overtly bestial your hybrid form even looks?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        Lunars can create some pretty spectacular hybrid beast-forms, but they're all rooted in their animal shapeshifting. They don't imitate Wyld monstrosities because that is not their nature.
        But you could have a Lunar Hybrid Beast-Form that resembled something that crawled out of the Wyld, right? I get that they're not connected to the Wyld, but you could have a Wyld Mutant that was an animal with some bits from another animal attached and that sounds like something a Lunar should be able to do, like a winged horse or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
          So, if Deadly Beastman Transformation functions as an upgrade to Hybrid Body Transformation, at least in this write-up, does that mean that it no longer entails physical transformation in its own right?
          It can be described as a second transformation, a physical "amping up" of your hybrid form.

Does Eska's write-up and design represent a shift in how Lunars are going to be depicted, where their hybrid form is no more transformed than what the Merits they can actually acquire imply, so more variety than were-beasts?
          You get a lot of freedom to describe your hybrid form. Another Lunar with the same set of mutations as Eska could walk around looking like Man-Spider.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
            But you could have a Lunar Hybrid Beast-Form that resembled something that crawled out of the Wyld, right? I get that they're not connected to the Wyld, but you could have a Wyld Mutant that was an animal with some bits from another animal attached and that sounds like something a Lunar should be able to do, like a winged horse or something.
            There's a whole lot of monster-building you can do by combining traits of various animals, yeah.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
              Also: I noticed there are now 7 entries in Adversaries of the Righteous and 20 entries for Hundred Devils Night Parade. Does this mean that Hundred Devils Night Parade is closer to being finished, or is it going to be longer than Adversaries of the Righteous?

(Assuming the plan is still to work up to a final finished book. Maybe you just intend to keep producing them as micro-supplements, I don't know.)
              The plan is still to work up to a final finished book eventually. Adversaries entries are individually longer and take a little more time to produce, and we had some real life events on the team that meant the NPCs were on pause for a little bit, but now we are rolling again. So yeah, HDNP is closer to finished, although there's a lot still to come! The books they get compiled into at the end will be about the same size, but as mentioned, the Adversaries entries are longer on average so there will be fewer of them by necessity.

Meghan Fitzgerald | Onyx Path freelance writer & developer
              Changeling: The Lost 2e developer

Comment

• As Eska roams "betwixt the Scavenger Lands and the Dreaming Sea," what, if any, contact does she have with Ma-Ha-Suchi? Is Sublime Danger of the Thousand Daiklave Wings associated with Ma-Ha-Such as a student or ally (or enemy)?

Does "defeat" of an opponent necessarily mean kill for Eska, or just best? Is she trying to kill all of Sublime Danger's other students?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                  As Eska roams "betwixt the Scavenger Lands and the Dreaming Sea," what, if any, contact does she have with Ma-Ha-Suchi?
                  Whatever best suits the needs of the table; the specifics of their relationship aren't likely to be spelled out in canon.

Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                  Is Sublime Danger of the Thousand Daiklave Wings associated with Ma-Ha-Such as a student or ally (or enemy)?
                  Undetermined at this point.

Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                  Does "defeat" of an opponent necessarily mean kill for Eska, or just best? Is she trying to kill all of Sublime Danger's other students?
                  "Defeat" wasn't meant as a euphemism. Exactly what it means at any given table is up to the Storyteller.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Thanks for answering all our questions!

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    Deadly Beastman Transformation is a Strength Charm. Hybrid Body Transformation is a non-Attribute Charm that all Lunars automatically favor.
                    Huh, this is interesting. Are there many other non-Attribute Charms that all Lunars automatically favour?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Is the intent of HBT that you get a pool of points to spend on Supernatural Merits and you can spend more XP to add more until you have enough to build yourself a winged, tailed, scaled, clawed, fire-breathing dragon-man body?

Previous Editions required you to repurchase a such a Charm for another package of points, but that always had the potential to leave you either one point short or with a unwanted surplus.

Both HBT and DBT are listed as Simple type Charms, though DBT has a clause for reflexive activation in tandem with HBT.

Is the intent to encourage Eska to power up all at once whenever possible, and to discourage powering up gradually?

This seems to suggest that activating DBT has a drawback, and I notice that the active Evocation of Eska’s new swords isn’t something she would want to use when wearing her battle-form, while the Evocation which remains useful is passive.

So if Eska had an active-use Evocation, she might be faced with the choice of going straight to DBT in one turn and locking out that Evocation, or only using HBT and keeping access to the Evocation until she takes another turn to go full DBT.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                        Thanks for answering all our questions!

Huh, this is interesting. Are there many other non-Attribute Charms that all Lunars automatically favour?
                        A couple. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

You get a lot of freedom to describe your hybrid form. Another Lunar with the same set of mutations as Eska could walk around looking like Man-Spider.
                          ​Makes sense; I presume that even Eska has a change to skin colour that is purely cosmetic, and I can certainly see how it would be annoying to have a were-beast in mind but be told that you can't have fur or claws because you spent the Merit points elsewhere.

​While emphasizing that they can look like Eska (and Seven Devil Clever? If she spends most of her time in the hybrid form, does that mean it looks more like her art in the core now?) gives recourse to people who didn't like that aesthetic, or at least find it fitting to their character.

​And it not being the war form makes it more values neutral now.

They're good changes, and I like them.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

A couple. 10char
                            Such as the chimera charm you posted half of on twitter a while back?

Comment

• I enjoyed reading about Eska.

For the Silken Grasp -- would an attuned artifact weapon be considered a "light object"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                                Is the intent of HBT that you get a pool of points to spend on Supernatural Merits and you can spend more XP to add more until you have enough to build yourself a winged, tailed, scaled, clawed, fire-breathing dragon-man body?
                                You get a fixed pool, with the potential to upgrade it with other Charms.

Both HBT and DBT are listed as Simple type Charms, though DBT has a clause for reflexive activation in tandem with HBT.

Is the intent to encourage Eska to power up all at once whenever possible, and to discourage powering up gradually?
                                The intent is that going Deadly Beastman Transformation always requires a Simple activation, regardless of whether you're spending all your time in hybrid form, but that not spending all your time in hybrid form doesn't get punished.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X