This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
    Is the hybrid form undone by Eye of the Unconquered Sun?
    No. It only undoes "turn into an animal or another human" shapeshifting, not the effects of Charms.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• With the new types of exalts detailed has Lytek’s role been changed?
      How about Parad god of inherited might’s role?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        No. It only undoes "turn into an animal or another human" shapeshifting, not the effects of Charms.
        ​Good good. When the subject of Lunars who default to the hybrid form came up, I wondered at the balance between story hooks in which a Lunar forms a strong antipathy towards a Solar who forced them out of what they consider to be their real identity, and the idea that the violation of such a thing is going too far.

​Hmm, between this and the moonsilver tattoos protecting against things like sorcery to impose a transformation (which I'm assuming they do), I've got a notion in which Lunars could be considered to have mastery of form not in the sense that their form can be anything that they want it to be, but they can be sure that their form isn't something that has been opposed on them externally.

​... Oh wait, they can still be forced out of their spirit shape?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

• Does summon the loyal steel only work on melee weapon or thrown and bows too?

Comment

• Are there going to be Social and Mental charms that enhance HBT like DBT does? I’m assuming not, because it’s difficult to take animal based shapeshifting in that direction, but I could be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayWalker View Post
              With the new types of exalts detailed has Lytek’s role been changed?
              Not a whole lot. His First Edition description is still fairly accurate, with major changes being (A) he's not responsible for triggering Dragon-Blooded Exaltations and (B) he may not be aware of the Great Curse; we haven't determined that.

How about Parad god of inherited might’s role?
              We haven't discussed him, although I'm a fan of Parad.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                Are there going to be Social and Mental charms that enhance HBT like DBT does? I’m assuming not, because it’s difficult to take animal based shapeshifting in that direction, but I could be wrong.
                I don't have any current plans to do so, but alternatives to Deadly Beastman Transformation have some potential for viable design, even if the book doesn't explore it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by devaking View Post
                  Does summon the loyal steel only work on melee weapon or thrown and bows too?
                  Both the wording and the intent are ambiguous to me. As a Storyteller, I'd probably be generous and let it apply with everything.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                    ​... Oh wait, they can still be forced out of their spirit shape?
                    Yes, unless we decide to give it special protections down the line.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      Not a whole lot. His First Edition description is still fairly accurate, with major changes being (A) he's not responsible for triggering Dragon-Blooded Exaltations and (B) he may not be aware of the Great Curse; we haven't determined that.

We haven't discussed him, although I'm a fan of Parad.
                      Good to know thank you.

I appreciate that you and the other developers take the time to answer all these questions.

Now a few Exigence related questions.
                      I have looked it up and there was a thread about it a fair bit ago but do you know whether the management of Exigences are under Lytek's purview?
                      You answered in the thread then but didn't have full developer authority then.

I believe with their varied methods of transfer there may be some joined authority between Lytek and Parad (if he's canon), with of course the primary control being under the god whom it came from.

Also may multiple gods take invest their energy into an Exigence, when exalting someone with it?
                      I know that the blackmarket ones may be changed radically after being through multiple gods' hands.

Beyond that change are "blackmarket Exaltations" under the same restrictions as Exigences?
                      Last edited by GrayWalker; 03-01-2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• It's come to my attention that Eska has a strength charm (DBT) but no strength excellency. Do Lunars not get them automatically like solars do?

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayWalker View Post
                          I have looked it up and there was a thread about it a fair bit ago but do you know whether the management of Exigences are under Lytek's purview?
                          Lytek has bureaucratic jurisdiction over Exigents, but he's not actually involved in the process of creating them.

I believe with their varied methods of transfer there may be some joined authority between Lytek and Parad (if he's canon), with of course the primary control being under the god whom it came from.
                          Assuming Parad exists, I imagine him trying to stake his claim to any Exigent that could be arguably construed as inherited and grab jurisdiction over it away from Lytek.

Also may multiple gods take invest their energy into an Exigence, when exalting someone with it?
                          Yes, but that may not be a good idea.

Beyond that change are "blackmarket Exaltations" under the same restrictions as Exigences?
                          Black market Exigents are the same class of being as any other Exigents; the only difference is the chain of events between the bestowal of Exigence on a petitioning god and the creation of an Exigent.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                            It's come to my attention that Eska has a strength charm (DBT) but no strength excellency. Do Lunars not get them automatically like solars do?
                            Lunars get free Excellencies like Solars do, but the requirements for unlocking them aren't exactly the same.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• With Exaltations not being quite as much objects, how does this affect how Lytek interacts/manages them?

Additonally, something I wonder is with DB and the idea of them being "fallen lineage" that 2e harped on about a lot. It has some kind of...awkward implications to some folks. Is the whole "Our blood is thinner!" thing a big deal this edition, or anything more than general cult of nostalgia thing like a lot of socieites have?

And stuff.
                              My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• Neither Parad or Lytek technically have proper jurisdiction over Liminal Exalted, who are neither chosen or hereditary. This isn’t even counting the Alchemical Exalted, the apocryphal Exalted hosts, or various kinds of Exigents.

So, there could be a third god of Exaltation, ranked even lower than Parad.

Would this god have sprung into being when the first such Exalted host began, or would Lytek or his superior have needed to find a god that wasn’t busy enough?

formerly Tornado Wolf, formerly Inugami

Comment

Working...
                                X