Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Exaltations not being quite as much objects, how does this affect how Lytek interacts/manages them?

Additonally, something I wonder is with DB and the idea of them being "fallen lineage" that 2e harped on about a lot. It has some kind of...awkward implications to some folks. Is the whole "Our blood is thinner!" thing a big deal this edition, or anything more than general cult of nostalgia thing like a lot of socieites have?

And stuff.
    My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• Neither Parad or Lytek technically have proper jurisdiction over Liminal Exalted, who are neither chosen or hereditary. This isn’t even counting the Alchemical Exalted, the apocryphal Exalted hosts, or various kinds of Exigents.

So, there could be a third god of Exaltation, ranked even lower than Parad.

Would this god have sprung into being when the first such Exalted host began, or would Lytek or his superior have needed to find a god that wasn’t busy enough?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        Yes, unless we decide to give it special protections down the line.
        Oh, I hope not.

Then you have people picking advantageous totems again, because people want to not be forced out of their tyrant lizard battle form or flying bird escape form.

Comment

• Eska's Excellencies entry doesn't say she can increase static values. Is that on purpose?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
            Neither Parad or Lytek technically have proper jurisdiction over Liminal Exalted, who are neither chosen or hereditary. This isn’t even counting the Alchemical Exalted, the apocryphal Exalted hosts, or various kinds of Exigents.

So, there could be a third god of Exaltation, ranked even lower than Parad.

Would this god have sprung into being when the first such Exalted host began, or would Lytek or his superior have needed to find a god that wasn’t busy enough?
            In 3e, gods do not spring into being to fill roles; the Celestial Bureaucracy determines what roles exist and assigns gods to fill those roles.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

Yes, but that may not be a good idea
              Do you mean that from an in universe perspective or out of universe perspective?
              I can see some arguments regarding thematic dilution from out of universe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post
                With Exaltations not being quite as much objects, how does this affect how Lytek interacts/manages them?
                Lytek's interaction with Exaltations are made possible largely by the fact that he is a god, capable of miracles tailored to this particular portfolio.

Additonally, something I wonder is with DB and the idea of them being "fallen lineage" that 2e harped on about a lot. It has some kind of...awkward implications to some folks. Is the whole "Our blood is thinner!" thing a big deal this edition, or anything more than general cult of nostalgia thing like a lot of socieites have?
                It's somewhat less of an issue, largely because we don't get bogged down with The Way Things Were in prehistory.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                  Eska's Excellencies entry doesn't say she can increase static values. Is that on purpose?
                  No. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Yes, but that may not be a good idea.

Black market Exigents are the same class of being as any other Exigents; the only difference is the chain of events between the bestowal of Exigence on a petitioning god and the creation of an Exigent.
                    Why would that not be a good idea?

If an god goes through the process of giving up some of their power in the Exigent process, but the resulting Exigent/Exaltation is stolen before granted, does the Exigent Exalted have the themes/powers of the original god or the god granting it?

Craft rewrite.
                    Twitter Handle: at maudova

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayWalker View Post
                      Do you mean that from an in universe perspective or out of universe perspective?
                      I can see some arguments regarding thematic dilution from out of universe.
                      In universe.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Maudova View Post
                        Why would that not be a good idea?
                        Exigents whose Exaltations are catalyzed by multiple gods are dangerous aberrations.

If an god goes through the process of giving up some of their power in the Exigent process, but the resulting Exigent/Exaltation is stolen before granted, does the Exigent Exalted have the themes/powers of the original god or the god granting it?
                        Yep! You could also have a case where a god catalyzes an Exigence, but a rival god tampers with the process, contributing some of her own divine Essence to the resultant Exigent.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Exigents whose Exaltations are catalyzed by multiple gods are dangerous aberrations.

Yep! You could also have a case where a god catalyzes an Exigence, but a rival god tampers with the process, contributing some of her own divine Essence to the resultant Exigent.
                          What makes them dangerous aberrations? This idea delights me. What more can you tell about this?

Craft rewrite.
                          Twitter Handle: at maudova

Comment

Could you elaborate on what you mean by aberrations?
                            Are they mentally unstable, too powerful to control, at risk of dying from their exaltaion, etc?

As a side note this discussion is making me imagine Lytek and Parad creating an Exigent together.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayWalker View Post
                              Could you elaborate on what you mean by aberrations?
                              Are they mentally unstable, too powerful to control, at risk of dying from their exaltaion, etc?
                              What makes them dangerous aberrations? This idea delights me. What more can you tell about this?
                              It could manifest in a variety of ways. More detail will come later.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Does either level of Natural Weapons cover all of the fangs and claws and horns you want for that level?

Or do you need a separate purchase for striking weapons than for savaging weapons, of either level?

Comment

Working...
                                X