This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
    ​Are either of the upcoming books going to have maps?
    There will be a map of the Blessed Isle.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
      But how, in 3e, are new gods made? Babies? The Bureaucracy has some way of making them? Or it's just not something they can do?
      If they can make new gods, how common is it?
      At present, we're thinking that new gods are born rather than made, though it may be more "Athena sprung full-grown from Zeus' brow" than babies. I'm leaning towards it being not terribly common, though also not incredibly rare.

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
      And are there still loads of unemployed gods in Heaven who want jobs? I always liked that detail.
      Probably!

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
        For example, she uses Hammer on Iron to make multiple attacks, but then after the first attack interrupts with Lightning Strikes Twice
        Why would you think you could do that?

I realize there is no clause preventing you from using Heaven Thunder Hammer on any or all attacks besides the final attack of Hammer On Iron Technique, but I would have thought that was the clear intent.

To keep you from whiffing the following attacks, and possibly to keep you from abusing the falling damage added onto potentially every blow in the attack flurry.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

​No I meant if you saw them as looking as squishy as they do in real... never mind.
          Personally, it could see it going Mars People (of Metal Slug, SNK vs Capcom: Chaos, and Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum fame), but I'd just leave it individual players' stunts in the end.

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            No, Charms can reset themselves.
            They can? Oh, okay.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
              Why would you think you could do that?

I realize there is no clause preventing you ...
              Well, because that?
              I had and have no reason to think that I couldn't (or rather, that my friend can't, as it's his PC). I don't really get any clear intent that one Brawl charm can't be used with another Brawl charm when nothing says it can't.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• So, minor details that may be answered in The Realm, but I'm curious about. We've got the classic major Dynastic Secondary Schools, the Heptagram, Cloister of Wisdom, House of Bells and Spiral Academy. (There's also Pasiap's Stair and the House of the Tamed Storm but those are specific, and not the focus of my question). I'm wondering, do all Exalted Dynasts go through one of those four secondary schools? I'm not sure how exclusive they're supposed to be, or if a Terrestrial interested in something more specific might still end up attending one, or might go to a more humble academy instead? (or make his own way in the world)

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

At present, we're thinking that new gods are born rather than made, though it may be more "Athena sprung full-grown from Zeus' brow" than babies. I'm leaning towards it being not terribly common, though also not incredibly rare.
                  So would that mean that the majority of gods are assumed to have been around practically forever?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                  Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

So would that mean that the majority of gods are assumed to have been around practically forever?
                    A lot of gods have been around for a long time; I don't want to pin down proportions.

(Note that this doesn't necessarily mean that the average god is a useful source of historical knowledge, for various reasons.)

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Croakamancer View Post
                      So, minor details that may be answered in The Realm, but I'm curious about. We've got the classic major Dynastic Secondary Schools, the Heptagram, Cloister of Wisdom, House of Bells and Spiral Academy. (There's also Pasiap's Stair and the House of the Tamed Storm but those are specific, and not the focus of my question). I'm wondering, do all Exalted Dynasts go through one of those four secondary schools? I'm not sure how exclusive they're supposed to be, or if a Terrestrial interested in something more specific might still end up attending one, or might go to a more humble academy instead? (or make his own way in the world)
                      This gets addressed in detail in What Fire Has Wrought.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Croakamancer View Post
                        So, minor details that may be answered in The Realm, but I'm curious about. We've got the classic major Dynastic Secondary Schools, the Heptagram, Cloister of Wisdom, House of Bells and Spiral Academy. (There's also Pasiap's Stair and the House of the Tamed Storm but those are specific, and not the focus of my question). I'm wondering, do all Exalted Dynasts go through one of those four secondary schools? I'm not sure how exclusive they're supposed to be, or if a Terrestrial interested in something more specific might still end up attending one, or might go to a more humble academy instead? (or make his own way in the world)
                        Most Exalted Dynasts go to the four great secondary schools; they have the best educators and facilities, the most rigorous curricula, and the best opportunities for networking with one's peers. Occasionally, an Exalted Dynast will go to a lesser secondary school; this is typically the result of a lack of resources and connections, and is generally considered to be bad for her future prospects. A very few young Exalted Dynasts are specifically kept back from secondary school in order to be trained within the house; this is generally meant to turn the young Dynast into a tool to be deployed for some specific purpose.

(The Palace of the Tamed Storm is a primary school in 3e, which is my read on how its 1e presentation was intended.)

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Speaking of Lightning Strikes Twice, how does the following clause interact with using a Withering Attack as your followup?
                          "When the Exalt uses Lightning Strikes Twice after
                          using one of the prerequisites to unleash a decisive attack,
                          her Initiative does not roll over until after the extra attack
                          has been completed."

I assume this clause was meant to make it so that you could double dip on your initiative for a decisive attack, or not roll base initiative for your Crashing Wave Gambit. You reconcile the withering damage just like you normally would, after resetting from base, or is it supposed to mean your new initiative from the withering damage disappears when you reset?

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
                            Speaking of Lightning Strikes Twice, how does the following clause interact with using a Withering Attack as your followup?
                            "When the Exalt uses Lightning Strikes Twice after
                            using one of the prerequisites to unleash a decisive attack,
                            her Initiative does not roll over until after the extra attack
                            has been completed."

I assume this clause was meant to make it so that you could double dip on your initiative for a decisive attack, or not roll base initiative for your Crashing Wave Gambit. You reconcile the withering damage just like you normally would, after resetting from base, or is it supposed to mean your new initiative from the withering damage disappears when you reset?
                            I believe "roll over" is being used here as a synonym for "reset."

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• My understanding is that when using a charm that allows you to attack or creates a combat action (i.e. Thunderclap Rush Attack, Lightning Strikes Twice, Heaven Fury Smite) you can attack with a simple charm. Is this correct? And does this allow you to get around the one simple charm a round rule?

That is to say could you activate Hammer on Iron, Heaven Thunder Hammer on the last attack, then flash in with Lightning Strikes Twice and Hammer on Iron again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
                                My understanding is that when using a charm that allows you to attack or creates a combat action (i.e. Thunderclap Rush Attack, Lightning Strikes Twice, Heaven Fury Smite) you can attack with a simple charm.
                                No, not generally. Only stuff like Iron Whirlwind Attack, which has special activation rules for being activated when you use Peony Blossom Technique.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X