This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    There's a good discussion of this in the sidebar on p. 179 of the core.
    Ah, so it does. Thanks.

Out of the classic Exalted, the Dragon-Blooded are currently the only ones planned to have a unique XP:Essence progression.
    Okay. That makes sense. So Solar/Lunar games will progress at the same rate.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Do dragonblooded have any charm-based methods of accessing eclipse powers or is it strictly a celestial thing?

Comment

• When doing training time do you allow a character to train multiple stats or skills at the same time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
          Do dragonblooded have any charm-based methods of accessing eclipse powers or is it strictly a celestial thing?
          Not in What Fire Has Wrought. I wouldn't rule out the possibility altogether, but I think there'd be some balance factors to consider.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
            When doing training time do you allow a character to train multiple stats or skills at the same time?
            Yep, that's explicitly allowed.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

​Hmm, considering what you said before for Hybrid-Body Transformation, would that mean that there are a number of beastfolk tribes in which their practical mutations amount to something that normal people could be expected to have, just with a lot more uniformity across the group?
              Beastfolk are always going to visually look like beastfolk, even if their mutation package is all mundane.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                Divine Mantle and Carnal Spirit Rending grant access to non-Eclipse-keyworded powers.

Will Lunars have the ability to access such things?
                No, nor anyone else.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ale137 View Post
                  Is that charm planned to be in the Lunars book?
                  Yep.

And what would be its essence rating?
                  Not far enough in the process to give a firm answer.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

No, nor anyone else.
                    Not even Abyssals? It wouldn't be a power level concern for them, right?

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
                    Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
                    Some Lintha QCs
                    A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

• When using Iron Lotus Unfurling in Steel Devil Style (Core pg. 464) to reflexively disarm a parried attack do you still need to hit with the disarm gambit? or are you already considered to have hit with it for having met the triggering conditions, therefore only having to roll the initiative dice to see if you succeed with the Gambit?

Comment

• Originally posted by TDS View Post
                        Not even Abyssals? It wouldn't be a power level concern for them, right?
                        Frankly, I'm not sure that Solars should be able to do it, given that the entire purpose of the Eclipse keyword is to mark spirit/fae/etc. Charms that are fine to mix with Exalted Charms.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by gfrobbin84 View Post
                          When using Iron Lotus Unfurling in Steel Devil Style (Core pg. 464) to reflexively disarm a parried attack do you still need to hit with the disarm gambit? or are you already considered to have hit with it for having met the triggering conditions, therefore only having to roll the initiative dice to see if you succeed with the Gambit?
                          You gotta make the attack roll.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Some varieties of Exigent could be hereditary in nature.
                            If one is in the family line for both an Exigence and a Dragon Blooded Exaltation, or just multiple Exigences in general any idea on which would win out?
                            Parent with greater essence I suppose, and after that a dice roll, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayWalker View Post
                              Some varieties of Exigent could be hereditary in nature.
                              If one is in the family line for both an Exigence and a Dragon Blooded Exaltation, or just multiple Exigences in general any idea on which would win out?
                              Parent with greater essence I suppose, and after that a dice roll, perhaps?
                              Up to the Storyteller.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Beastfolk are always going to visually look like beastfolk, even if their mutation package is all mundane.
                                ​Oh no, I didn't think that. Just would it be expected that a group of ape-folk (not necessarily Raksi's) might just have some extra endurance and strength and prehensile feet as the things that distinguish their capabilities, and that's it. In terms of capabilities, still something that another human could have, just consistently across the group.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                                Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Working...
                                X