Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys imagine you’ll include more supernatural merits that could qualify as mutations in the Lunar hardback?

Comment

• Originally posted by VioletDreamer View Post
      Do you guys imagine you’ll include more supernatural merits that could qualify as mutations in the Lunar hardback?
      That's the plan!

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

​Oh no, I didn't think that. Just would it be expected that a group of ape-folk (not necessarily Raksi's) might just have some extra endurance and strength and prehensile feet as the things that distinguish their capabilities, and that's it. In terms of capabilities, still something that another human could have, just consistently across the group.
        Sure, no rule they have to have Supernatural Merits.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          That's the plan!
          So, the return of Natural Missile, Wolf's Pace, Serpent's Body?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• What is the game-development reasoning for having Solars Resonant with all Magical Materials?

A bit of background: I recently got a link to Nishkriya and elsewhere, where some game planning notes were present. I thought it was quite enlightening, surprisingly thorough, and spawned a few other questions. Such as this one, which is otherwise quite late to the question party.

A specific example: I'm planning out some enemies for a new upcoming game. I want to include some ancient Solar tombs and the like, but why would my Circle want to go to them for Orichalcum when they could get the same range of Artifacts - in Jade or Soulsteel - by defeating some initial enemies. Is there an intended gameplay (rather than setting) equipment progression built into the Resonance?

Thanks as always!

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

Out of the classic Exalted, the Dragon-Blooded are currently the only ones planned to have a unique XP:Essence progression.
              Wait, shouldn't Sidereals start at E2 as well, to represent their training? Wouldn't that also necessitate a different progression?

Evocations for the demonic tattoos gained from the Pact with Mara sorcerous initiation || Pyre-Kindler (Soulsteel and Red Jade Grimscythe, Artifact 3) || Tenebrous Descent (Stormcaller's Black Jade Reaver Daiklave cousin, Artifact 5)
              Advice for running the corebook shikari antagonists

Comment

• Originally posted by aluminiumtrioxid View Post

Wait, shouldn't Sidereals start at E2 as well, to represent their training? Wouldn't that also necessitate a different progression?
                The traditional length of the Sidereal training regimen is a year and a day, per First Edition, which isn't too different from where a Solar PC might start. Definitely less than a Dragon-Blood who Exalted in adolescence and has been through secondary school.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Darkstep View Post
                  What is the game-development reasoning for having Solars Resonant with all Magical Materials?

A bit of background: I recently got a link to Nishkriya and elsewhere, where some game planning notes were present. I thought it was quite enlightening, surprisingly thorough, and spawned a few other questions. Such as this one, which is otherwise quite late to the question party.

A specific example: I'm planning out some enemies for a new upcoming game. I want to include some ancient Solar tombs and the like, but why would my Circle want to go to them for Orichalcum when they could get the same range of Artifacts - in Jade or Soulsteel - by defeating some initial enemies. Is there an intended gameplay (rather than setting) equipment progression built into the Resonance?

Thanks as always!
                  One of the primary purposes of Evocations was to give Solars a way to access a wider thematic range of effects beyond those that their own Charms can express. Making them resonant with all materials ensures that a Solar can branch out into ice magic or something similarly stylish without any mechanical detriment for doing so.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                    So, the return of Natural Missile, Wolf's Pace, Serpent's Body?
                    Not all mutations from past editions are guaranteed to return. I want to focus on providing enough choices for people to build their Hybrid Body Transformations to fit any spirit shape they might come up with.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

One of the primary purposes of Evocations was to give Solars a way to access a wider thematic range of effects beyond those that their own Charms can express. Making them resonant with all materials ensures that a Solar can branch out into ice magic or something similarly stylish without any mechanical detriment for doing so.
                      [Enlightening Appreciation Exhalation]

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

• Are a large portion of Sidereals still taken and raised in Heaven before their Exaltation based on forecasting of who will and will not Exalt?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                          Are a large portion of Sidereals still taken and raised in Heaven before their Exaltation based on forecasting of who will and will not Exalt?
                          No, although there are some rare instances.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Do the truculee still exist? Those were cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by PlotVitalNPC View Post
                              Do the truculee still exist? Those were cool.
                              Undetermined.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Are Sidereals still the Exalted at birth like in 1e, but their Second Breath happens later in life? 2e was not clear about this in the corebook, I don't think it even got mentioned until Scroll of Heroes.

And stuff.
                                My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

Working...
                                X