This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
    Is it still the plan for Deadly Beastman Transformation to weaken your evocations?
    Yep.

Also, something that came up in our game yesterday; when in animal form, do Lunars use their normal health levels or the health levels of the animal?
    Their own.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• As effort is ongoing with Lunars, any idea when they may be showing up in the Momday Meeting Notes under First Draft?

while (horse.state == dead)
      {
      beat();
      }

Comment

• Leading off an earlier question, I know the plan is for Deadly Beastman Transformation to weaken Evocations, but does the same thing happen at the Hybrid-Body Transformation level?

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
        I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
          Leading off an earlier question, I know the plan is for Deadly Beastman Transformation to weaken Evocations, but does the same thing happen at the Hybrid-Body Transformation level?
          Nope. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Amdramnar View Post
            As effort is ongoing with Lunars, any idea when they may be showing up in the Momday Meeting Notes under First Draft?
            Right now our pitch is pending approval from White Wolf, so I can't really give any kind of estimate.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• The Twilight crafter in our group is wanting to make headbands that we could wear that would allow our groups cast marks to be hidden at the glowing level. Is that an effect that should be allowed? What level would you put that at?

Comment

• Originally posted by Reikoku View Post
                The Twilight crafter in our group is wanting to make headbands that we could wear that would allow our groups cast marks to be hidden at the glowing level. Is that an effect that should be allowed? What level would you put that at?
                I'm not sure that hiding your caste mark is going to be super useful when you've got Solar anima flaring all around you?

If the goal of the artifact is to conceal your anima banner entirely at the glowing level...hrm. I think the limitations make that fair game for an effect. I'd eyeball it at the three-to-four dot level, depending on the specifics.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Does a Person who has been bound by a eclipse anima effects feel something (a sense of dread and the like) when they might unknowingly break a eclipse oath they might break without their knowing?

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                    Does a Person who has been bound by a eclipse anima effects feel something (a sense of dread and the like) when they might unknowingly break a eclipse oath they might break without their knowing?
                    Storyteller call.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Do the Lintha react in a similarly hostile manner to Solars as the Realm, albeit for different reasons (remembrance of those responsible for shattering their empire and driving their people to near-extinction, rather than the teachings of the Immaculate Order about anathema)? Or do they regard the returning Solars neutrally or as potential allies, as they appeared to do for oceangoing Lunars of the Stone Society in previous editions? How would they likely react to one of their own exalting as a Solar? (I can guess how Lintha Ng Hut Dukantha would react to a potential rival of such power, but I'm more curious about the general culture's reaction.)
                      Last edited by Matt the Bruins fan; 03-12-2018, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
                        Do the Lintha react in a similarly hostile manner to Solars as the Realm, albeit for different reasons (remembrance of those responsible for shattering their empire and driving their people to near-extinction, rather than the teachings of the Immaculate Order about anathema)?
                        Most Lintha are probably more concerned with the practicalities of the Realm's pirate-hunting in the present day than the dim events of ancient history. Of those who still remember their family's history, I think they'd be aware that the modern day Realm is not the Old Realm that brought low the Lintha.

Or do they regard the returning Solars neutrally or as potential allies, as they appeared to do for oceangoing Lunars of the Stone Society in previous editions? How would they likely react to one of their own exalting as a Solar? (I can guess how Lintha Ng Hut Dukantha would react to a potential rival of such power, but I'm more curious about the general culture's reaction.)
                        I think the response would depend entirely on the particular Exalt (Solar, Lunar, or something else) and the particular Lintha, and the circumstances in which they're interacting.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Sorry if this has been asked before, but how powerful are resonant evocations of level 5 or n/a artifacts when compared to Solar Charms? Are they of about the same level because evocations from higher level artifacts are stronger or do solar charms still come ahead?

Comment

• Originally posted by Malfi View Post
                            Sorry if this has been asked before, but how powerful are resonant evocations of level 5 or n/a artifacts when compared to Solar Charms? Are they of about the same level because evocations from higher level artifacts are stronger or do solar charms still come ahead?
                            They typically don't compare directly, but speaking in broad generalizations, they're pretty darn close to parity.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                              They typically don't compare directly, but speaking in broad generalizations, they're pretty darn close to parity.

Does the same apply if we are speaking about evocations effects from 5 dot orichalcum artifact that are locked behind a solar charm or resonance with an orichalcum artifact? Would they be as powerful but with different thematic elements/effects drawn from the artifacts uniqueness? Or are we still looking at pretty darn close to parity? This is taking into account that evocations generally cost more than native charms and often have higher restrictions on their usage at the higher tiers.

Craft rewrite.
                              Twitter Handle: at maudova

Comment

• Would it be accurate to say that resonant evocations are the strongest form of magic Dragonblooded have access to?

Comment

Working...
                                X