This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Malfi View Post
    They don't compare diectly because evocations are based on the "artifacts game" mechanics? Like opening gorgons eyes flying with ascedant nova etc?
    Yeah.

Also considering "infinite" evocations, in artifacts 5-n/a, is it possible to expand the artifacts theme, organically at least? I am trying to think of an example but I am having a hard time. Maybe ascedant nove could also expand to fire charms or storm caller make the demon able to appreciate peace and so also have calming or protecting evocations?
    You can create custom Evocations that reflect the legend you've forged using that artifact, like with any other artifact, but you can't alter the artifact's thematic core per se.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Anasurimbor View Post
      Is the text of The Realm going to in some way be available during (or through) the DB Kickstarter, so that they can be used together, or is that book only going to be released after art direction and layout?
      It's not going to be released during the Kickstarter itself. I can't speak to any previews that might come after the Kickstarter concludes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Huh...I wonder what is that on Kingfisher's belt. Seems like something the monks wouldn't like due to being iconic...

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

• Originally posted by danelsan View Post
          Huh...I wonder what is that on Kingfisher's belt.
          It's an icon of Daana'd.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Presumably it falls under rule 3.

But an earth aspect's white jade armour having the Immaculate dragon of water's symbol on it is an interesting detail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post

But an earth aspect's white jade armour having the Immaculate dragon of water's symbol on it is an interesting detail.
              Aren't the Immaculate Dragons venerated more according to the ideal that they represent, rather than their element?

​I mean, Danaa'd is the one associated with warfare, and attributed author of the Thousand Correct Actions, isn't she?

​Or is that Mela (the air one), and Danaa'd is associated with spiritual purification and the destruction of Anathema?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Quick question about the exaltation "spark": Is it tied with a soul and they keep on joining with every reincarnation? Or are they independent of each other?
                I hope the question was clear enough.
                Also, how hard is it for a god to change its portfolio? (I'm probably stealing the term from another game, but I don't know how to say it). How expencive is it? Does it lose its previous charms?
                Last edited by Lerinome; 03-13-2018, 02:07 PM. Reason: Added another question

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                  Evocations locked behind Solar Charms get to be a lot more powerful than Evocations that Dragon-Blooded can use.

Does this apply to Jade weapons as well, since both exalt types are resonant with it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Myrido View Post

Does this apply to Jade weapons as well, since both exalt types are resonant with it?
                    Yep. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Lerinome View Post
                      Quick question about the exaltation "spark": Is it tied with a soul and they keep on joining with every reincarnation? Or are they independent of each other?
                      I hope the question was clear enough.
                      It's probably clearest if I answer this with an example.

In the myth-shrouded glories of the First Age, a humble mendicant throws herself between a shambling many-faced monster and a group of young children it would make its prey. Seeing this act of heroism, the Unconquered Sun chooses our mendicant to be his divine champion, and she is Exalted. She goes on to become the famous Dawn Caste warrior-vagabond Kills Many Devils.

The First Age grows long, the Sun turns his face from Creation, and the Solar Exalted are betrayed by their lessers. Kills Many Devils dies, and her Exaltation is sealed away in a prison of jade. Her soul passes on through Lethe, which washes away all memories of her life, and is reincarnated as someone-or-other. That process repeats a few times - live, die, lethe, reincarnation - until the modern day. The present reincarnation of her soul is Bower, a street food vendor in the Imperial City. He's not particularly important.

The jade prison is broken, by means not yet revealed, and the Solar Exalted return to the world. Xhin Ba, a former mercenary drowning his sorrows in wine, drunkenly provokes the ire of a Lintha reaver, and manages not only to defend himself despite his intoxication but humiliate the pirate before everyone in the dockside teahouse. The Unconquered Sun sees this, and he smiles down on Xhin Ba, who is Chosen as one of the Solar Exalted. He is the heir to Kills Many Devils' Exaltation, and as its divine power fills him, a measure of her memories and legacy become his.

Xhin Ba's soul is not the same as Kills Many Devils, which is presently incarnated in Bower. And yet Xhin Ba is Kills Many Devils' reincarnations in a very true sense.

Also, how hard is it for a god to change its portfolio? (I'm probably stealing the term from another game, but I don't know how to say it). How expencive is it? Does it lose its previous charms?
                      It's a matter of finding (or creating) an opening in the celestial bureaucracy, and arranging to get yourself promoted or appointed to it. The difficulty of this varies with the particular position you're aiming for - I'd expect it to be much easier to be appointed the god of this particular hot springs than to supplant Ahlat as the Southern God of Warfare.

A newly promoted (or demoted) god will gain Charms to suit their new position, although the details of this process haven't been addressed. Some may be able to retain Charms related to their former position, although ultimately I think the analysis is going to be whether the Storyteller thinks it's narratively appropriate for, say, Ahlat to retain some Charms from his former position as god of walrus mating habits.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

That's Kingfisher Swift, the signature Earth Aspect. She's a lost egg who took the coin and entered the Imperial legions.
                        Any plans for revealing info about the new DB sigs, whether in the books or the forums?

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Originally posted by marin View Post

Any plans for revealing info about the new DB sigs, whether in the books or the forums?
                          The story of the signature Kinship gets told throughout some of the chapter fiction through WFHW. It's very different from the core's limited depiction of the signature Solar Circle.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

The story of the signature Kinship gets told throughout some of the chapter fiction through WFHW. It's very different from the core's limited depiction of the signature Solar Circle.
                            Is it likely to be the same for the sigs of the other Exalted?

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

A newly promoted (or demoted) god will gain Charms to suit their new position, although the details of this process haven't been addressed. Some may be able to retain Charms related to their former position, although ultimately I think the analysis is going to be whether the Storyteller thinks it's narratively appropriate for, say, Ahlat to retain some Charms from his former position as god of walrus mating habits.
                              what KS tier if any would get y'all to write those charms?

Comment

• Originally posted by marin View Post

Is it likely to be the same for the sigs of the other Exalted?
                                I think the reception of it will probably play a role.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X