This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AtG View Post

what KS tier if any would get y'all to write those charms?
    I am a river unto my people.

Odobenine Paramour Appraisal
    Cost: 3m; Mins: Essence 1
    Type: Reflexive
    Keywords: Eclipse
    Duration: Instant

When the spirit observes a walrus make an influence roll to seduce another walrus, or engage in physical intimacy with another walrus, she may reflexively read the intentions of the walrus that is the target of the seduction or affection, rolling (Perception + Survival) against its Guile. Success allows her to determine what that walrus thinks of the quality of the other walrus' efforts. A botched seduction roll might come off as unskillful and buffoonish, while an affectionate head-nuzzle might be just what's needed to win a partner's heart. If the spirit makes an influence roll in the same scene against the walrus whose efforts she evaluated, and uses her knowledge to either praise it for a well-received act or discourage it for a poorly-received one, she doubles 9s and ignores any penalties for lacking a language in common with the walrus.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Would a Martial Arts that allowed Wind and Fire Wheel/War Fan-like weapons to be used as Chakrams and vice versa be possible, or are there mechanical reasons that wouldn't work?

Comment

• Originally posted by wern212 View Post
        Would a Martial Arts that allowed Wind and Fire Wheel/War Fan-like weapons to be used as Chakrams and vice versa be possible, or are there mechanical reasons that wouldn't work?
        Speaking broadly, martial arts can let you use their style weapons in unorthodox ways. A couple of the Immaculate Dragon styles let you do that.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Can you tell us a bit about how water and wood dragon styles play this edition?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            I am a river unto my people.

When the spirit observes a walrus make an influence roll to seduce another walrus, or engage in physical intimacy with another walrus, she may reflexively read the intentions of the walrus that is the target of the seduction or affection...
            Best charm opening line ever. Thank you for the legacy Ahlat charm. It’s a beauty.

Craft rewrite.
            Twitter Handle: at maudova

Comment

• How do exalts learn about their more Esoteric abilities? When a lunar first exalts do they know instinctively that they can eat people to gain their shape or does someone, like a mentor, tell them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Calboon View Post
                How do exalts learn about their more Esoteric abilities? When a lunar first exalts do they know instinctively that they can eat people to gain their shape or does someone, like a mentor, tell them?
                I think it's an instinctive, intuitive awareness. A Lunar isn't going to be running around not knowing how to shapeshift.
                Last edited by Robert Vance; 03-13-2018, 10:14 PM.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lidless Eye That Sees View Post
                  Can you tell us a bit about how water and wood dragon styles play this edition?
                  They'll be familiar for people who've played with them before, but updated and tailored for Ex3 combat.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

I think it's an instinctive, intuitive awareness. A Lunar isn't going to be running around not knowing how to shapeshift.
                    Presumably the past life memories cover the basics, right?

First generation exalts might have needed a bit more coaching.
                    Last edited by Elfive; 03-13-2018, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                      Presumably the past life memories cover the basics, right?

First generation exalts might have needed a bit more coaching.
                      Those are always a good go-to explanation of why your character knows something their mortal life hasn't prepared them for.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Cost: 3m; Mins: Essence 1
                        Type: Reflexive
                        Duration: Instant
                        officially best eclipse charm, possibly OP

Comment

• Speaking of walrus mating, I have the vague memory that one of the 2e books mentioned Ahlat's successor as the God of Walrus Mating Fights, though nothing really about them, not even a name. Would said god have any relationship with Ahlat? One of his former subordinates (the god of Walrus Whisker Grooming?)? Would Ahlat take a sort of distant mentor/role model for that god, or would he violently avoid even seeing the other god and remembering his former lowly station? Is there a certain cachet to the position, as it once provided the stepping stone to greater things, thus making it surprisingly coveted by ambitious godlings?

Comment

• My character has Hammer on Iron and Fivefold Fury Onslaught. If I made my decisive attacks, but started with less damage dice than the targets hardness, would I still roll the damage before discarding it (on account of how HoIT interacts with 10s on the damage roll), or not roll the damage at all?

Comment

In the myth-shrouded glories of the First Age, a humble mendicant throws herself between a shambling many-faced monster and a group of young children it would make its prey. Seeing this act of heroism, the Unconquered Sun chooses our mendicant to be his divine champion, and she is Exalted. She goes on to become the famous Dawn Caste warrior-vagabond Kills Many Devils.
                              The unconquered sun literally or metaphorically choses? If the former, what prevented the Primordials from simply commanding the incarnae not to choose champions during the primordial war. And what does it mean for a spat if their divine patron was rendered incapable of fufilling their duty?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
                                The unconquered sun literally or metaphorically choses?
                                Literally.

If the former, what prevented the Primordials from simply commanding the incarnae not to choose champions during the primordial war.
                                Cecelyne: Hey, Unconquered Sun. I order you to stop Exalting mortals.

The Unconquered Sun: Nope!

Cecelyne: Darn!

And what does it mean for a spat if their divine patron was rendered incapable of fufilling their duty?
                                This has arguably been the case since the Incarnae started playing the Games of Divinity.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X