This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SerCerriusLee View Post
    My character has Hammer on Iron and Fivefold Fury Onslaught. If I made my decisive attacks, but started with less damage dice than the targets hardness, would I still roll the damage before discarding it (on account of how HoIT interacts with 10s on the damage roll), or not roll the damage at all?
    You still roll.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
      Speaking of walrus mating, I have the vague memory that one of the 2e books mentioned Ahlat's successor as the God of Walrus Mating Fights, though nothing really about them, not even a name. Would said god have any relationship with Ahlat? One of his former subordinates (the god of Walrus Whisker Grooming?)? Would Ahlat take a sort of distant mentor/role model for that god, or would he violently avoid even seeing the other god and remembering his former lowly station?
      I think there are fun stories to tell either way.

Is there a certain cachet to the position, as it once provided the stepping stone to greater things, thus making it surprisingly coveted by ambitious godlings?
      I don't think anyone in Heaven is clamoring to fill out paperwork on walruses humping. :P

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Does the lands made with Wyld Shaping have to follow the logic of creation?
        Can a make a World Waterfall where people live in cities built atop materialized rainbows?

Comment

• Originally posted by ale137 View Post
          Does the lands made with Wyld Shaping have to follow the logic of creation?
          Yes. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Tried asking the other thread, no response.

What happens to graces made for/from mortals after they die?
            Last edited by GrayWalker; 03-14-2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayWalker View Post
              Tried asking the other thread, no response.

What happens to graces made for/from mortals after they die?
              At this point, I'm gonna call that a Storyteller call. We may come back to the issue when we do Fair Folk mechanics.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• This may be something that hasn't been hammered out yet, but I figure it can't hurt to ask. How are the children of sorcerer-rulers in Ysyr generally treated in the society? Is it sort of like Dynast children, with privileged upbringings involving the expenditure of a lot of resources in the hope that they'll one day become sorcerers like their parent(s)? Do they wield some of their parents' status and wealth by proxy? Or are they effectively slaves like the rank and file until/unless they prove themselves by initiating into sorcery and receive training/grooming for (or assume by fiat) rulership positions? Some middle ground between the two extremes? Do the sorcerers correct mutations/deformities in their children at an early age, or do they leave that for promising offspring to do for themselves as a rite of passage once they're able?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
                  This may be something that hasn't been hammered out yet, but I figure it can't hurt to ask. How are the children of sorcerer-rulers in Ysyr generally treated in the society? Is it sort of like Dynast children, with privileged upbringings involving the expenditure of a lot of resources in the hope that they'll one day become sorcerers like their parent(s)? Do they wield some of their parents' status and wealth by proxy? Or are they effectively slaves like the rank and file until/unless they prove themselves by initiating into sorcery and receive training/grooming for (or assume by fiat) rulership positions? Some middle ground between the two extremes? Do the sorcerers correct mutations/deformities in their children at an early age, or do they leave that for promising offspring to do for themselves as a rite of passage once they're able?
                  Ysyri society is something we've yet to flesh out the details on.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    Literally.

Cecelyne: Hey, Unconquered Sun. I order you to stop Exalting mortals.

The Unconquered Sun: Nope!

Cecelyne: Darn!

This has arguably been the case since the Incarnae started playing the Games of Divinity.
                    so, building off this, am I understanding correctly that the Incarnae can directly choose the recipients of Exaltation, but if otherwise occupied (IE: the Games of Divinity) then the Exaltations find suitable hosts on their own? Or is it a matter of someone doing something so awesome that the Incarnae briefly look away from their distraction to see what was up and then choosing in the moment to grant their blessing?
                    Last edited by SamuraiMujuru; 03-15-2018, 01:24 AM.

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Scion with Shield of Knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post

so, building off this, am I understanding correctly that the Incarnae can directly choose the recipients of Exaltation, but if otherwise occupied (IE: the Games of Divinity) then the Exaltations find suitable hosts on their own? Or is it a matter of someone doing something so awesome that the Incarnae briefly look away from their distraction to see what was up and then choosing in the moment to grant their blessing?
                      The previous devs said that essentially, the Incarnae exist in multiple aspects simultaneously. Part of them is at the Games, part of them is Exalting another champion, etc. If they died, their other aspects (like the Exaltations) would keep going. Dunno how much of that the current devs would go with.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Originally posted by marin View Post
                        The previous devs said that essentially, the Incarnae exist in multiple aspects simultaneously.
                        I don't recall that one; can you cite?

Devs: Which Charm do you think is most commonly possessed amongst Realm Dragon-Blooded?*

*To the extent that Charms are a "thing," anyway. I know Peleps Arisu's Melee Excellency is not Tepet Babi's Melee Excellency and so on.
                        Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 03-15-2018, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Can Lunars have multiple Hybrid forms, including ones not based on their totem?

Can Lunars assume giant size while wearing human or hybrid shapes, or is that limited to animals and any creature which was naturally gigantic?

Would a spirit Charm for assuming a gigantic size ever have the Eclipse keyword?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post

The Incarnae have sufficient divinity and puissance to be aware of potential candidates for Exaltation even while playing the Games of Divinity. We're moving away from Exaltation-as-decisionmaker.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                              Can Lunars have multiple Hybrid forms, including ones not based on their totem?
                              Multiple hybrid forms, yes. Hybrid forms not based on their spirit shape...well, technically no, although they can eventually apply mutations unrelated to their spirit shape to their human form, which is basically the same thing.

Can Lunars assume giant size while wearing human or hybrid shapes, or is that limited to animals and any creature which was naturally gigantic?
                              Yes.

Would a spirit Charm for assuming a gigantic size ever have the Eclipse keyword?
                              No.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                                Multiple hybrid forms, yes.
                                ​Is that like being able to ascribe different aesthetics at different times, or repurchasing the Charm with different mutation suites?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                                Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                                ​https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Working...
                                X