X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Realm and the Lookshy chapter go into their respective military doctrines and tactics?

Also, what exactly is a Sublime Armiger? How are they different from someone who just happens to rely heavily on their artifacts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gigaton-Falcon-Emu View Post
      Will the Realm and the Lookshy chapter go into their respective military doctrines and tactics?
      The Realm has an entire chapter on the military, which goes into strategy. We might go into Lookshy's in the Companion.

Also, what exactly is a Sublime Armiger? How are they different from someone who just happens to rely heavily on their artifacts?
      It's a Shogunate-era spiritual tradition.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        The Realm has an entire chapter on the military, which goes into strategy. We might go into Lookshy's in the Companion.

It's a Shogunate-era spiritual tradition.
        Yay! I am glad to hear it, I am intrigued by Armigers and their priest-scouts as well.

By the by, could you pretty please tell me how many warstriders you would give Lookshy for a 'baseline' conquest game? I have been trying to decide for a game forever and I cant land on a number.

Comment

• Are we going to see anything about the Caul in the DB book? If not, is there going to be a stretch goal for it? Or will it be well covered in the Ream?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
            Are we going to see anything about the Caul in the DB book? If not, is there going to be a stretch goal for it? Or will it be well covered in the Ream?
            We're covering the Caul in The Realm.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• I think it's really cool how the Dragon-Blooded are being presented as true Exalted in their own right. Creation is such a big place, and the Exalted so rare, that some Dragon-Blooded established their own magical kingdoms over which they ruled even before the Usurpation. And when the Celestial Exalted found Dragon-Blooded, they had to court them to secure their alliance, let alone their allegiance.

The Forest Witches being so utterly bizarre because of this one magical prodigy they found also gives me hope that future splats might have groups doing absolutely crazy things because of some weird patron or doodad they found.

A third Dragon-Blooded empire that isn't Lookshy is also cool and makes the setting seem larger and deeper.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• What craft(s) do you think would be most appropriate for an Air-aspected Lookshyan Sorcerer-Engineer? How frequently would something like "Mechanics" be applicable to repairing the artifacts in their arsenal?

Comment

• One thing I was confused about in the first KS preview: So House Nellens isn't actually descended from Nellens? She just named it after him, long after his death, and assigned a bunch of lost eggs to it, and that's why Sesus is so pissed?

Comment

• Do the Moon-Touched generally just possess mutations? Or can they have more dramatic powers maybe? Would it be totally out of bounds for one of them to be able to transform into a single animal, for example?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                      One thing I was confused about in the first KS preview: So House Nellens isn't actually descended from Nellens? She just named it after him, long after his death, and assigned a bunch of lost eggs to it, and that's why Sesus is so pissed?
                      House Nellens is descended from Nellens, but not from the relationship between Nellens and the Empress. This was meant to be explicit in the text; it seems to have fallen through the cracks. Apologies!

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Are the Immaculate Dragon styles commonly taught in Prasad?

"Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

Now...count up all your sins.

Comment

• What kind of population might Fajad (and the rest of the island) have?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

House Nellens is descended from Nellens, but not from the relationship between Nellens and the Empress. This was meant to be explicit in the text; it seems to have fallen through the cracks. Apologies!
                            As in, they're descended from Nellens' other kids by another woman/women?

My characters:
                            Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                            Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• Does Ledaal Kes pop up somewhere in the (complete) text other than a Great House description? Because I was looking out for him and he's nowhere to be found in the Ledaal section -- but he is mentioned in connection with Ragara Szaya in her entry under House Ragara, with a "p. XX" redirect and everything.

REALITY.SYS corrupt. Reboot Universe? Y/N/Q

Comment

• Will there be more about 'spider-ridden Kubal' in The Realm, or is that maybe in a future book? As soon as I saw that in the text I needed to know more.

“The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                                X