This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trax View Post
    Will there be more about 'spider-ridden Kubal' in The Realm, or is that maybe in a future book? As soon as I saw that in the text I needed to know more.

When reading I just assumed that was the Spider-king from the Core, but now you made me realize that it's in an entirely different Direction! Color me interested too!

Also, question, is the elemental affinity of each house stated explicitly anywhere in the WFHW text, or is it just to be inferred from their flavor heading? "House Ledaal — Air that Raised the Bones of Giants" etc.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
      As in, they're descended from Nellens' other kids by another woman/women?
      That's correct, though the Empress may also have included descendants of Nellens' siblings, cousins, etc.
      Last edited by Eric Minton; 04-01-2018, 02:42 PM.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by taichara View Post
        Does Ledaal Kes pop up somewhere in the (complete) text other than a Great House description? Because I was looking out for him and he's nowhere to be found in the Ledaal section -- but he is mentioned in connection with Ragara Szaya in her entry under House Ragara, with a "p. XX" redirect and everything.
        Kes has a full QC write-up in Chapter 10.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• In the Fajad preview, the commander of the Realm's garrison troops is a Mnemon woman, but the satrapy itself is Cathak-controlled. Is that a "leftover" Imperial garrison assigned by the Empress and not yet broken up / privatized by the Great Houses? Do Mnemon and Cathak have some kind of power-sharing agreement in Fajad? Is Mnemon Senesh married into House Cathak? (I remember something saying that same-sex marriages are now legal in the Realm, but nothing indicating which House the couple would end up loyal to in an inter-house same-sex marriage, since the usual "the wife's House" default doesn't quite work there.)

Comment

• Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
            Also, question, is the elemental affinity of each house stated explicitly anywhere in the WFHW text, or is it just to be inferred from their flavor heading? "House Ledaal — Air that Raised the Bones of Giants" etc.
            I believe that's the only place it's presented.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ascension View Post
              In the Fajad preview, the commander of the Realm's garrison troops is a Mnemon woman, but the satrapy itself is Cathak-controlled. Is that a "leftover" Imperial garrison assigned by the Empress and not yet broken up / privatized by the Great Houses? Do Mnemon and Cathak have some kind of power-sharing agreement in Fajad? Is Mnemon Senesh married into House Cathak? (I remember something saying that same-sex marriages are now legal in the Realm, but nothing indicating which House the couple would end up loyal to in an inter-house same-sex marriage, since the usual "the wife's House" default doesn't quite work there.)
              The Empress always assigned a garrison commander from a different house than the satrap and her garrison. This is covered in more detail in The Realm.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• What happens if an exalt succesfully uses fulminating word while attempting to overturn influence on a target who has no wp? They can't spend the 2 WP to resist the new influence, or the 1 WP to overturn the old influence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

That's correct, though the Empress may also have included descendants of Nellens' siblings, cousins, etc.

In the time between the Nellens death, and the rise of House Nellens as a Great House, did it exist as a Patrician House?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• If a twiligth is trying to make a First Age Artifact would each working made for that artifact trigger a Solar exp gain?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post
                      If a twiligth is trying to make a First Age Artifact would each working made for that artifact trigger a Solar exp gain?
                      Sure, to the normal max of 1/session.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
                        What happens if an exalt succesfully uses fulminating word while attempting to overturn influence on a target who has no wp? They can't spend the 2 WP to resist the new influence, or the 1 WP to overturn the old influence.
                        If a character has no Willpower, any influence affecting them can't be overturned.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• When the corebook sorcery section said 'immortality', do they mean Greek god immortality, or eternal youth?

Comment

• Do the Elemental Dragons ever visit Yu-Shan? Do they or have they taken a turn at the Games of Divinity?

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
                              When the corebook sorcery section said 'immortality', do they mean Greek god immortality, or eternal youth?
                              Not being able to die of old age.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                                Do the Elemental Dragons ever visit Yu-Shan? Do they or have they taken a turn at the Games of Divinity?
                                It seems very unlikely, but who knows?

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X