X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I have questions about the Heirs of the Shogunate, specifically the ‘mechanical’ part. I am pretty jazzed about the book and Lookshy and the Forest Witches both have the mechanic to be explore mentioned (gunzosha armor and Astiluth respectively). Can you give us an idea of what you all are wanting to explore for Outcasts, Cadet houses, and Prasad as far as unique mechanics?

Comment

• Originally posted by VX3 View Post

Will this or the Yamabushi tradition ever get additional coverage anywhere in the book or in a future supplement? I'm intrigued by the prospects of giving the Shogunate a more material presence in the setting than earlier editions.

Also, huge Tepet fan. Anything that sets them apart is very much appreciated.

Like spiritually appreciated. It's an old technique of mine.
      Not currently planning to delve into that, but we might if an appropriate place comes up.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Snakesandsuns View Post
        So I have questions about the Heirs of the Shogunate, specifically the ‘mechanical’ part. I am pretty jazzed about the book and Lookshy and the Forest Witches both have the mechanic to be explore mentioned (gunzosha armor and Astiluth respectively). Can you give us an idea of what you all are wanting to explore for Outcasts, Cadet houses, and Prasad as far as unique mechanics?
        Don't have any specific mechanics in mind for those expansions, but if it becomes obvious that that we need to include mechanics for X or Y, we can do that.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is there a yamabushi tradition with Lookshy or other Shogunate societies? It kind of reminds me of sohei a bit.

And stuff.
          My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post
            Is there a yamabushi tradition with Lookshy or other Shogunate societies? It kind of reminds me of sohei a bit.
            Lookshy doesn't have the exact tradition, although there may be some similarities thanks to their common Shogunate roots.

Other Shogunate societies? Probably.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• if someone gets attacked while they're asleep, and they don't have Surprise Anticipation Method, how does it work?
              Do they get an Awareness roll? If so, is there a penalty for being asleep?
              Can they use Awareness charms? Can they use other charms? (For example, if they fail their Awareness roll assuming they get one, it's presumably an ambush so they have no Defence, but can they use Resistance charms?)

My characters:
              Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
              Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• What Charm should I keep an eye out for, when looking through the preview of What Fire Has Wrought?

Comment

• Another question: Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise presumably disguises your clothes. Does it disguise your weapons?

My characters:
                  Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                  Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    Don't have any specific mechanics in mind for those expansions, but if it becomes obvious that that we need to include mechanics for X or Y, we can do that.
                    So no plans on a Grass-Spider Martial Arts Style, or a Prasadi Sorcery Initiation based around being worshipped as divine...?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• I'm really enjoying what we've seen from the previews so far, Robert Vance, but they've also raised a few small questions
                      • How powerful can a sorcerer become? Aqadar and Bagrash Köl seem to have no problem fighting off DBs, but there's no indication that they're anything other than mortal.
                      • One of the Ragara scions is mentioned as being taught "Sorcerous martial arts." Will we ever see a write up for this kind of MA, possibly bringing back the Sorcerous keyword or simply using sorcerous motes?
                      • Will the write up for Gunzosha armour canonize it as a First Age Artefact, r will it be something more akin to Mela's Coil? Will there be a FAA weapon?
                      • I asked this earlier but got no answer; how do practitioners of the eight new martial art styles eat their soup?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                        if someone gets attacked while they're asleep, and they don't have Surprise Anticipation Method, how does it work?
                        Do they get an Awareness roll? If so, is there a penalty for being asleep?
                        If it's someone where them surviving could be dramatically interesting, like an Exalt, I'd treat it as an automatic ambush, without giving them a chance to roll Join Battle. If it's just some dude, I'd just say he's dead.

Can they use Awareness charms? Can they use other charms? (For example, if they fail their Awareness roll assuming they get one, it's presumably an ambush so they have no Defence, but can they use Resistance charms?)
                        In an ambush, you can't use any defensive Charms, including Resistance-based stuff, unless you've got something that explicitly lets you do so.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Nilihum View Post
                          How powerful can a sorcerer become? Aqadar and Bagrash Köl seem to have no problem fighting off DBs, but there's no indication that they're anything other than mortal.
                          A sorcerer who is able to pull off a Solar Circle working could get pretty crazy.

[*]One of the Ragara scions is mentioned as being taught "Sorcerous martial arts." Will we ever see a write up for this kind of MA, possibly bringing back the Sorcerous keyword or simply using sorcerous motes?
                          Definitely a possibility.

[*]Will the write up for Gunzosha armour canonize it as a First Age Artefact, r will it be something more akin to Mela's Coil? Will there be a FAA weapon?
                          Gunzosha armor is First Age artifice. We may include some First Age artifice weapons; depends on how wordcount shakes out.

[*]I asked this earlier but got no answer; how do practitioners of the eight new martial art styles eat their soup?
                          The Air Dragon stylist drinks her soup from ten paces away.

The Earth Dragon stylist drinks her soup with a spoon that's bigger than you are.

The Fire Dragon's soup-eating offensive is so powerful that by the time she gets her spoons back to her mouth, all the soup has boiled away.

The Water Dragon stylist waits until you've finished your soup, jabs you in some pressure points, and reverses the flow of your digestive tract.

The Wood Dragon stylist brings you a bowl of soothing chicken soup when you have the flu.

The Mantis stylist grapples the soup into submission and tries to break its legs. This doesn't work, for some reason.

The Golden Janissary stylist declares her soup an enemy of Creation, and seals it away in the eternal prison of her belly.

The White Veil stylist drinks a bowl of soup that no one ever ordered.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

So no plans on a Grass-Spider Martial Arts Style, or a Prasadi Sorcery Initiation based around being worshipped as divine...?
                            Grass Spider martial artists probably just use a Spider style, combined with stuff like Ebon Shadow and White Veil.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                              Another question: Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise presumably disguises your clothes. Does it disguise your weapons?
                              I think it could reasonably be used to do so.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                                What Charm should I keep an eye out for, when looking through the preview of What Fire Has Wrought?
                                Hmm. What was your favorite Solar Charm?

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X