This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
    Another question: Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise presumably disguises your clothes. Does it disguise your weapons?
    I think it could reasonably be used to do so.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
      What Charm should I keep an eye out for, when looking through the preview of What Fire Has Wrought?
      Hmm. What was your favorite Solar Charm?

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        Grass Spider martial artists probably just use a Spider style, combined with stuff like Ebon Shadow and White Veil.
        Spider styles?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I think it could reasonably be used to do so.
          Only as something roughly the same, or anything?
          Like, if I have two jade daiklaives, could I disguise them as jade goremauls? Regular short swords? Large wooden sticks?
          I assume I couldn't disguise them as nothing at all, as that's hiding rather than disguising.

My characters:
          Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
          Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
            Only as something roughly the same, or anything?
            Like, if I have two jade daiklaives, could I disguise them as jade goremauls? Regular short swords? Large wooden sticks?
            I assume I couldn't disguise them as nothing at all, as that's hiding rather than disguising.
            I'd say "what the Storyteller allows with a stunt."

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Spider styles?
              In the sense of "a hypothetical Spider style that we'll eventually write," not "one of multiple Spider styles that exist."

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

I'd say "what the Storyteller allows with a stunt."
                Okay, that seems reasonable.

My characters:
                Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• Are the less indebted and more financially independent houses, V'Neef and Nellens if memory serves, also able to lend funds, or was that practice limited to Ragara by the Empress?

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• Is Sesus Raenyah’s marriage to her uncle (or half-Uncle?) Oban normative or unusually close for the Dynasty?

Comment

• How did Tepet Arada Command Tepet Legions? Is he a widower who returned to his mother’s House? Or was he wed to a distant Tepet? Or Patrician?

Comment

• Would a non-elemental Martial Art purely about hitting people with hammers have a Knockback Charm as powerful as Solar Brawl’s Heaven Thunder Hammer?

How does the first Evocation of the Heaven and Earth Gauntlets interact with Heaven Thunder Hammer?

How do you feel Fist of the Titan’s first Evocation compares with Solar Athletic’s Increasing-Strength Exercise, which allows a full power-up in one turn, adds to Decisive attack damage, and doesn’t forbid using the Move action. I know ISC’s bonus can’t be used to fuel powerful attack Charms, but I’m unsure it’s feasibly possible to build up a lot of Charge.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                          Would a non-elemental Martial Art purely about hitting people with hammers have a Knockback Charm as powerful as Solar Brawl’s Heaven Thunder Hammer?
                          Martial Arts Charms are generally less powerful than Solar Charms.

How does the first Evocation of the Heaven and Earth Gauntlets interact with Heaven Thunder Hammer?
                          Same way regular smash attacks do, i.e. the knockback stacks, but doesn't count towards increasing HTH damage.

How do you feel Fist of the Titan’s first Evocation compares with Solar Athletic’s Increasing-Strength Exercise, which allows a full power-up in one turn, adds to Decisive attack damage, and doesn’t forbid using the Move action. I know ISC’s bonus can’t be used to fuel powerful attack Charms, but I’m unsure it’s feasibly possible to build up a lot of Charge.
                          It's definitely less powerful, although it's different in some aspects, like the aim bonus.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Hmm. What was your favorite Solar Charm?
                            There's about twenty of them - you want I should list them?

In the meantime… if I use Injury-Forcing Technique to bestow more of my damage than the opponent has in remaining health, what happens to the difference? Like, let's say I've taken three HLs of damage (thank goodness for Ox-Body Technique!), and roll as many successes to transfer damage, but Most Convenient Target only has two health remaining. Can I extra-incapacitate him to heal my last health level, or am I stuck with it?

Comment

Martial Arts Charms are generally less powerful than Solar Charms.
                              I thought they were supposed to be stronger, with Mastery effects, in account of how much narrower they tended to be.

Same way regular smash attacks do, i.e. the knockback stacks, but doesn't count towards increasing HTH damage.
                              I was not aware of such a stacking principle.

It's definitely less powerful, although it's different in some aspects, like the aim bonus.
                              Oh, so it does behave like a normal Aim action. I guess that should have been clear.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                                I thought they were supposed to be stronger, with Mastery effects, in account of how much narrower they tended to be.
                                Not the case. With Mastery, they're typically equal-ish.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X