This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    In the meantime… if I use Injury-Forcing Technique to bestow more of my damage than the opponent has in remaining health, what happens to the difference? Like, let's say I've taken three HLs of damage (thank goodness for Ox-Body Technique!), and roll as many successes to transfer damage, but Most Convenient Target only has two health remaining. Can I extra-incapacitate him to heal my last health level, or am I stuck with it?
    I'm gonna say yes, but that's more an inclination than an authoritative ruling.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      Not the case. With Mastery, they're typically equal-ish.
      So, WITH Mastery effects, a Hammer Style might have a Charm equal to Heaven Thunder Hammer?

I already assumed that the Essence 3+ upgrades would be Mastery-locked, and certainly not available to Terrestrial-tier users.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Cynis Petalin is described as being Cynis Wisel's second cousin. However, Cynis Wisel is the daughter of Cynis. Is Cynis a daughter of the Empress, and if so how is Petalin part of House Cynis? Being a second cousin to Wisel would imply that the Empress's parent is their common ancestor, but I didn't realize that anyone traced ancestry through her parents (or were even positive who said parents were)

Comment

• Have any of the Empress's children ever Exalted as anything other than DBs? (Including Exigents, auxiliary, and Liminal.)

Comment

• Given the changes to the progression of elemental seasons in 3e, is the order of elemental eras used in the Shogunate calendar likely to change, or is that something that's not a particularly high priority?

Comment

• A question about the most recent KS preview material:

The Realm secondary schools seem to operate under the assumption of getting an (Exalted) child right after graduating from primary school at 14. However, the span of "usual" Exaltation ages ranges up to 17, and it's even possible up to 20. What of the Dynast who Exalts later than their peers? Are they likely to be plucked from whatever task or other schooling their House has arranged from them and send to the Exalted-focused secondary schools, or will they never be eligible for the Heptagram etc.?

EDIT: Answered on the Discord:

"Dynastic parents will generally try to get late-Exalting children into one of the four secondary schools, and I figure they're set up to accept late bloomers; it doesn't really benefit the Realm to shut them out of the process. Not certain about the details, but if we end up doing a secondary schools stretch goal, that should come up."
              Last edited by Aretii; 04-04-2018, 03:01 PM.

Glorious Solar Kitten

Comment

• Are the schools for troubled students also for unruly Exalted Students?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                  Are the schools for troubled students also for unruly Exalted Students?
                  Yes! You sort of need specialized facilities for dealing with especially, tail-end-of-the-bell-curve, unruly DB youth.

Comment

• Are we going to get Lookshyans of note at any point?
                    Its just that the material on the Dynasty is so rich that the ideological outlines of the Gentes pales in comparison and its not like we have a wealth of established characters from previous editions to fall back upon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bastet View Post
                      Are we going to get Lookshyans of note at any point?
                      Its just that the material on the Dynasty is so rich that the ideological outlines of the Gentes pales in comparison and its not like we have a wealth of established characters from previous editions to fall back upon.
                      We're hoping to fit this into the Kickstarter stretch goals.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                        Is Sesus Raenyah’s marriage to her uncle (or half-Uncle?) Oban normative or unusually close for the Dynasty?
                        It's unusually close.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by SaintedPhysician View Post
                          Cynis Petalin is described as being Cynis Wisel's second cousin. However, Cynis Wisel is the daughter of Cynis. Is Cynis a daughter of the Empress, and if so how is Petalin part of House Cynis? Being a second cousin to Wisel would imply that the Empress's parent is their common ancestor, but I didn't realize that anyone traced ancestry through her parents (or were even positive who said parents were)
                          Presumably the common ancestry traces back through Cynis' father.

EDIT: Or through Wisel's father.
                          Last edited by Eric Minton; 04-03-2018, 05:03 PM.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                            Have any of the Empress's children ever Exalted as anything other than DBs? (Including Exigents, auxiliary, and Liminal.)
                            Not so far as anyone knows! (If you want one in your game, go for it.)

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                              Have any of the Empress's children ever Exalted as anything other than DBs? (Including Exigents, auxiliary, and Liminal.)
                              ​Wait, that's impossible, isn't it? Since the only ones who can Exalt as Liminals are corpses, and that distinctly does not represent the corpse returning to the life it once had? Do you mean somebody attempting to bring a child of the Empress back to life, or doing weird experiments including their remains, that results in a Liminal Exalting?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• If i want to use a working that can turn me into a being comparable to a 2CD, is it also an ambition 3 celestial working?

Comment

Working...
                                X