X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    Unique to Solars.
    Really? That's very interesting. Do you think Abyssals will have something in its place to express their nature as inversions of the Solar Exalted?

"Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

Now...count up all your sins.

Comment

• Originally posted by CycloneJoker View Post

Really? That's very interesting. Do you think Abyssals will have something in its place to express their nature as inversions of the Solar Exalted?
      Unique to Solars and Abyssals, I mean.

(Infernals? Maybe, maybe not)

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

That is very interesting. In a similar vein, will other splats come with guidelines for creating older PCs? Like a few versions of the E2 creation from the core?

Comment

• Rain of Doom says it "can be countered by any opposing sorcerer within the affected area during the one hour period in which it takes form, assuming a sorcerer can recognize the signs of an oncoming Rain of Doom". Does this mean any sorcerer in range can attempt to counter it, regardless of whether they would normally be able to counter a Solar Circle spell, or just that sorcerers who are capable of countering Solar Circle spells can attempt to do so as long as they're in its area rather than needing to be in short range of the caster?

Infernals - To Rule in Hell (complete first draft)
          3e Dragon Kings (complete)
          My martial arts (includes Eye of Heaven, White Veil, Obsidian Shards and more)

Comment

• Someone asked a question earlier, and I think it got missed in the backlog. I've also always really wondered about this, and was hoping it could be answered, so I'm pasting it here:
            --
            What is your read on the approximate number of Dragon-Bloods?

Ideally I'd like to get an impression on how many of the following you think there would be, either in rough numbers or proportions to one another:

1) Dynasts (Great House Dynasts, Cadet House Dynasts, Adoptees to Dynastic families)
            2) Non-Dynast Realm Dragon-bloods (Unadopted patrician Exalts, Coin-or-Razor Found Eggs)
            3) Outcastes (Established gens and dynasties, independents)

EDIT: Re-reading it sounds like I'm trying to quiz you to make sure your answer is "correct", and that's not what I'm going for.

My problem is that previous books were very inconsistent on the impression of relative numbers they gave. The Outcaste suggests that outcastes are very rare, while MoEP Dragon-Blooded alternately agrees and suggests there might be as many outcastes as Realm Dragon-Bloods. I'm just looking for some clarity as to what the direction will be going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanaya View Post
              Rain of Doom says it "can be countered by any opposing sorcerer within the affected area during the one hour period in which it takes form, assuming a sorcerer can recognize the signs of an oncoming Rain of Doom". Does this mean any sorcerer in range can attempt to counter it, regardless of whether they would normally be able to counter a Solar Circle spell, or just that sorcerers who are capable of countering Solar Circle spells can attempt to do so as long as they're in its area rather than needing to be in short range of the caster?
              The latter.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• My players come across this issue in multiple ways. If you could answer this it would be a great help to me.

1. The backer performance Charm Seven Thunders Voice Gives me a Full free excellency with essence automatic successes. If my normal dice pool is 10 and I am essence 5 Do I roll 20 Dice and add 5 automatic successes or do I roll 10 dice with 5 automatic successes?

2. Also Can I ignore automatic successes charms give me for a chance at doubles or other dice tricks available with normal rolled dice? If so can I treat each auto success a charm gives me to as 2 dice of the same type or can I just not choose to apply them paying the cost of the excellency that will provide the dice to my max roll those automatic successes where taking the place of?
                Last edited by WalkingEye; 04-15-2017, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• So for QC, will exalted follow the 2nd edition format (a significant number of the stats are in setting books, as appropriate) or the format of other rpgs? Specifically I'm thinking of Pathfinder's tendency to pack it's adventure paths w/new monsters, and then realease a bestiary that is basically all of those collected together in one place?

Restoring demonic glory in Infernals:What Hell Has Wrought

Comment

I admit, back when it was first introduced, I thought that Supernal was less about "Solar Awesomeness" and more due to the mechanical design decision that made Essence strictly based on your XP total and everything, so that players could still get to the "cool stuff" pretty quick, instead of having to grind XP.

It makes me curious what mechanical issues there are with Essence locked to your XP when you don't have some sort of Supernal ability equivalent to let people jump the line. Have you encountered any issues with starting DBs not feeling "awesome" enough?

Placeholder

Comment

• will the singing staff be making a comeback in arms of the chosen, or would it be more advised to take its stats from previous edition and construct evocations for it ourselves

Second CIrcle Demon: C'al Siphar The Benevolent Flame; Sorcerous Initiation: Symbiosis Of The Burning Heart; First Circle Demons: Rijal Al'Ghurban & Sharar Al'Najm First Draft Complete!!
                      Merit Representing Control Of An Organization: Executive Leadership

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

I admit, back when it was first introduced, I thought that Supernal was less about "Solar Awesomeness" and more due to the mechanical design decision that made Essence strictly based on your XP total and everything, so that players could still get to the "cool stuff" pretty quick, instead of having to grind XP.

It makes me curious what mechanical issues there are with Essence locked to your XP when you don't have some sort of Supernal ability equivalent to let people jump the line. Have you encountered any issues with starting DBs not feeling "awesome" enough?
                        I admit that's my concern too. One thing I love about Exalted in general and third edition Solars especially, is that while there's still room to grow, you can largely have concept realization as character creation. I wonder to what extent that's possible with other Exalted.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Can you disengage while crashed?

Comment

• Does Mists of Eventide effect the sorcerer who casts it?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fenrir666 View Post
                              What is your read on the approximate number of Dragon-Bloods?

Ideally I'd like to get an impression on how many of the following you think there would be, either in rough numbers or proportions to one another:

1) Dynasts (Great House Dynasts, Cadet House Dynasts, Adoptees to Dynastic families)
                              2) Non-Dynast Realm Dragon-bloods (Unadopted patrician Exalts, Coin-or-Razor Found Eggs)
                              3) Outcastes (Established gens and dynasties, independents)
                              Ask again in two weeks, when we go from being eyeball-deep in Arms of the Chosen to being eyeball-deep in Dragon-Blooded: What Fire Has Wrought.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

Ask again in two weeks, when we go from being eyeball-deep in Arms of the Chosen to being eyeball-deep in Dragon-Blooded: What Fire Has Wrought.
                                Sounds like a realm party.

On a more serious note,

This may be a wait til that comes up or may be answerable now. Will starting immaculate characters be able to be more versatile than simply "you only have a few MA charms"? And are the immaculate styles ones where the form will be essence 1 or essence 2, or will that vary by style?

Comment

Working...
                                X