This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Seagull View Post
    Are Burano and Ophris elementally Aspected in a similar way to the Great Houses? If so, which Aspects? Or is that purposefully left up to the ST?
    They're less tied to specific Aspects than the Great Houses, but Earth and Air Aspects are more common in Burano, while Fire and Wood Aspects are more common in Ophris.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      A) 150 XP represents a whole lot of real-world time

B) The power spike at E3 is bigger than at E4, thanks to Signature Charms.
      Adding my question to this: how often does the game assume one is playing in order to make the XP numbers work the best?
      Because I have experienced both games that occurred every weekend and games that only happen once a month, and I don't want to tell my players they'll be playing for 30 sessions (so, two and a half years) before they get to signature charms.

Related: if you did have a game that only happened once a month, would you increase the amount of XP handed out, change the advancement chart/essence levels, or combination of both, or something completely different?

Comment

• Do any Solar Larceny Charms count as Supernatural Concealment for the purposes of the dragonblood charm Bloodhound Nose Technique? If so do we just treat the difficulty as a standard conceal evidence action?

Comment

• Going by the previews, the Immaculate Order sees the Pure Way as a heresy, but what do the monks of the Pure Way think of Immaculate doctrine and practices?

Comment

• Originally posted by wern212 View Post
            Adding my question to this: how often does the game assume one is playing in order to make the XP numbers work the best?
            Because I have experienced both games that occurred every weekend and games that only happen once a month, and I don't want to tell my players they'll be playing for 30 sessions (so, two and a half years) before they get to signature charms.

Related: if you did have a game that only happened once a month, would you increase the amount of XP handed out, change the advancement chart/essence levels, or combination of both, or something completely different?
            I don't think the XP system was originally created with the idea that there was a single specific frequency at games would occur to make it work best. If you've got a game that's monthly, and want to advance faster than the normal per-session amount, I'd just up the XP you give out each session.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
              Do any Solar Larceny Charms count as Supernatural Concealment for the purposes of the dragonblood charm Bloodhound Nose Technique? If so do we just treat the difficulty as a standard conceal evidence action?
              Master Plan Methodology is the only Solar Charm I can think of that conceals evidence. It doesn't use the same rules as a conceal evidence roll, so you'd just have to give it a flat difficulty increase.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• The entry for the Sobriquet Merit mentions non-Terrestrials; does this mean that any character that meets the requirements can take Sobriquet?

"Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

Now...count up all your sins.

Comment

• From a more behind the scenes point of view, was the progenitive essence concept intended as a solution to those old "mass produced Dragonblooded" things that popped up from time to time?

Also, going by the comment about Ledaal Kebok Coren, is it safe to assume the only requirement for having the Dragon's Blood is basically being partially human (godblooded/demonblooded of all stripes, beastmen, etc.) and of descent from someone who does? Or is there a limit to how many generations a single DB in the family tree counts before it's literally impossible?

Comment

Master Plan Methodology is the only Solar Charm I can think of that conceals evidence. It doesn't use the same rules as a conceal evidence roll, so you'd just have to give it a flat difficulty increase.
                    Thanks. On Bloodhound's nose technique does it require me to have already succeeded on a case the scene roll to fine a piece of evidence in the first place?

Comment

• Sky-Calming Draw extends the range of withering or decisive attacks by one band, max long. But most archery weapons already have a range of long, and the only dragon-blooded archery attack with a range other than your weapons I can see already goes out to extreme. Is it meant to only be useful for flamepieces and evocations?

Also, when in aura it lets you invoke it without spending a term aiming. But even if your flame-piece now has a range of medium, per core 196-197, an attack out to medium or beyond, even one assisted by magic, automatically misses unless you aimed.

Comment

• Originally posted by CycloneJoker View Post
                        The entry for the Sobriquet Merit mentions non-Terrestrials; does this mean that any character that meets the requirements can take Sobriquet?
                        Yeah, it's for anyone whose cool name is known far and wide.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Yeah, it's for anyone whose cool name is known far and wide.
                          Awww yeeeeah.

"Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

Now...count up all your sins.

Comment

• What’s Lookshy’s stance on the open preaching of the Cult of the Illuminated in the River Province/Scavenger Lands?

Does that fall under Lookshy’s general real politik religious tolerance, or does the cult’s implicit promotion of and loyalty to Anathema make them an implicit security threat and subject to suppression as an extension of the Wyld Hunt?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• What happens to Dynasts that exalt after the age of 14? Are they allowed into the Secondary Schools that people their age from primary schools have already started at?

Comment

• Robert Vance

First, let me say that the Air Dragon Gift is amazing, someone already mentioned, but I'll reiterate, the Kingfisher story is awesome. The Charms are amazing too, so many cool stuff (Hanging Tree Technique, Unmoving Center Enlightenment and One Forest, Many Trees are my personal favorites).

One thing that bugged me is
                                Sense-Destroying Method and Essence Disruption Attack, they inform that to touch one person in combat is Dex+Brawl or MA Dif 1 Gambit, if the Gambit is successful you roll a Atr+Abl pool against Resolve with threshold successes informing effect.

Now we have the Solar Lore Drain Charms, which are structurally the same, except that the difficulty for the Gambit is 5. Shouldn't a "touch your foe" Gambit be standard across all beings?

Should one or the other be errataed? And if not, why is touching someone a walk in the park for a DB but a monumental task for a Solar?

Comment

Working...
                                X