X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TGUEIROS View Post
    Robert Vance

First, let me say that the Air Dragon Gift is amazing, someone already mentioned, but I'll reiterate, the Kingfisher story is awesome. The Charms are amazing too, so many cool stuff (Hanging Tree Technique, Unmoving Center Enlightenment and One Forest, Many Trees are my personal favorites).

One thing that bugged me is
    Sense-Destroying Method and Essence Disruption Attack, they inform that to touch one person in combat is Dex+Brawl or MA Dif 1 Gambit, if the Gambit is successful you roll a Atr+Abl pool against Resolve with threshold successes informing effect.

Now we have the Solar Lore Drain Charms, which are structurally the same, except that the difficulty for the Gambit is 5. Shouldn't a "touch your foe" Gambit be standard across all beings?

Should one or the other be errataed? And if not, why is touching someone a walk in the park for a DB but a monumental task for a Solar?
    The gambit on those Solar Lore Charms is to use those particular Charms. It's not something I intended to standardize.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      The gambit on those Solar Lore Charms is to use those particular Charms. It's not something I intended to standardize.
      Yeah I just find it a bit weird. The Charms work without the Gambit if you can touch the target. So the Gambit is to touch the target, and for one person that is a difficulty 1 task and for the other it is difficulty 5.

PS: And the DB Charms are not lightweight effects either, one destroys your senses giving crippling penalties for a whole day and the other may completely obliterate your Essence Pool. Which is awesome as they are Awareness capstones... Just that the Gambit discrepancy is jarring.
      Last edited by TGUEIROS; 04-10-2018, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• For superior and legendary projects, does Ephemeral Form Composition apply to just one interval or all intervals of the affected project?

And stuff.
        My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• Thanks again for all the answers guys! Know that it's a really appreciated effort from your part.

Is it safe to say that Golden Janissary Style will make my hat fly away with sheer awesomeness? Do you think it could have good synergy with Righteous Devil?

Join the Strife

Comment

• If specialties and merits are meant to repersent the benefits of an upbringing for Dragonblooded, would it be kosher to give a Solar raised and educated in a dragonblooded line (and still a known part of it, if not known as Anathema) bonus merits/specialties?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Are the various Signature Charms intended to reflect the nature of the relationship between the element in question and the Ability? Or are they forged from the relationship of the character to that element and ability? As Charms are not discrete techniques discussed in-setting, but applications of Essence and excellence to tasks, is it conceivable that Dragon-Bloods of other cultures might develop differing Signature Charms?

Comment

• Does the Spiral Academy really put more emphasis on refining one-on-one persuasion techniques (Presence) than it does writing skills for communicating with many readers (Linguistics)? I know there’s courtly protocol and sociology-political training, but that’s covered by Socialize. I would think training government functionaries for a massive bureaucracy would put more emphasis on writing?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• The preview says that "No more than a few dozen students are accepted at a time at the Heptagram," is that in the sense that there are only a few dozen students total at any given moment or that they arrive in batches of a few dozen a year?

My homebrew: Abyssals, Infernals, Dragon Kings, martial arts.

Comment

• I'm working on a small database to simplify Dragon-Blooded Charm selection, and I wanted to check a couple things:

A) I'm planning on giving out: Charm names, Essence and Ability requirements, Signatureness and Aura-related info (in extensio: the Element, Aura and Balanced Keywords, as well as Cost in Aura). I am also considering releasing Prerequisites. I am explicitly NOT releasing Charm description, Types, and non-Aura Costs, Keywords or Durations, Do you have reservations on some or all of these info being openly released?

B) Regarding the various effects of Aura, do all "Duration: Aura" Charms contain the Aura Keyword? Logic says yes, but I'd rather be certain before I start designing something based on that logic only to re-design the thing because I got it wrong.

C) Are Signature Charms Elementally aspected as far as Aura is concerned? It's not openly mentionned, although it does feel obvious.

D) Say I buy the Fire Elemental variation of All-Encompassing Earth Sense (or another, similar, "variation" Charm). Are uses of that version of the Charm Fire aspected, Earth aspected or Earth/Fire aspected? AGAIN, I guess Fire is obvious, but Caveat Emptor and all that.
                    Last edited by Sagara; 04-11-2018, 08:30 AM. Reason: Extra questions!

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                      If specialties and merits are meant to repersent the benefits of an upbringing for Dragonblooded, would it be kosher to give a Solar raised and educated in a dragonblooded line (and still a known part of it, if not known as Anathema) bonus merits/specialties?
                      Nah. If they want that, they've got bonus points to spend.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanaya View Post
                        The preview says that "No more than a few dozen students are accepted at a time at the Heptagram," is that in the sense that there are only a few dozen students total at any given moment or that they arrive in batches of a few dozen a year?
                        The former. Good catch; we'll clarify in layout.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Who can I thank for the Distaff?

My character got chased by dogs the other night, and if it weren't for the ability to spin a quick weighted net to throw over them, he probably would have had to hurt them in order to get away, and that wouldn't have been any fun.

Comment

• I'm loving the kickstarter previews. The book continues the trend of seeding intriguing story hooks left, right, and centre, which I really appreciate. I love that Dragonbloods can now perform trivial feats of elemental manipulation as an anima ability, and I'm already thinking of ways to incorporate that into stunts (sending a chill breeze racing up someone's spine as you roll to intimidate them, for instance). The chapter fictions are great. Amazing job, guys.

My reading of the latest DB:WFHW preview is that a Charm isn't in-Aspect for the purpose of xp cost simply by virtue of having the matching elemental keyword. So, for instance, a Fire Aspect who didn't choose Archery as Favoured pays full price for Boughs of Burning Autumn. Is this correct?

Have any of the Iselsi elders got plans for what happens after their Vendetta comes to fruition and the other Great Houses lie in ruins? What does the Realm look like in the aftermath of their revenge? Is there a Realm at all? Do they care at this point?

Dragonbloods don't get free excellencies. If I wanted a quick hack to make them more viable as PCs in a mixed game, would changing this so they get bonus excellencies be a good way to do that, or are the additional benefits of those Charms powerful enough that you wouldn't recommend it?

Given that Sidereals are the subtlest of Exalts, it's always struck me as odd that Sidereals didn't get Elsewhere-storage Charms when most other Exalt-types did. Is that likely to change this edition? If not conceptual-elsewhere, do you intend to give Sidereals another cool way to avoid scrutiny for carrying around their panoply?

Does anything break if Wyld Shaping Technique is house-ruled to return wasted xp from a failed WST attempt? Say, at the end of the current story, to avoid players spamming it when they fail? It just seems incredibly punitive compared to other xp-cost Charms and effects which all refund their cost if the investment is destroyed or becomes irrelevant.

Just for fun: I've been re-watching Xena: Warrior Princess (because there wasn't enough ham or cheese in my media diet already), and she's obviously the quintessential Dawn. If you're familiar, what do you think her Supernal Ability is?

"Measure of Hope is right about everything." - Wise Old Guru

Currently running an Exalted 2.5 Abyssals game in a homebrew modern shard because I value neither my time or my sanity, and I'm loving almost every minute of it.

Comment

• I am uncertain whether the Multiple Aspects sidebar about Element or Element means such Charms must be bought separately for each element or must simply be activated for a specific element?

Comment

• The last I heard on Arbor Sentinel Technique, it had been edited out due to being unsatisfied with how its mechanics were panning out. What were you able to fix or improve to be happy with putting it into the book?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                                Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Working...
                                X