Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something a bit less DB focused, though I was at least reminded to ask it thanks to reading through their Brawl charmset: Solars have a charm that lets them not auto-lose grapples against Legendary Size opponents, which DBs (rightfully) don't get. My question is, which other splats have the potential to wrestle with Behemoths? Is an effect like that restricted to Solar(oids?)

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
    Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
    Some Lintha QCs
    A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

• I have a feeling that Lunars are just going to grow to the same size and then go, "So what are you going to do about it?"

Comment

• Haven't there been questions about Lunars getting Legendary Size in the past? I don't exactly recall the answer, besides 'it's going to be very hard/expensive/high essence'. But it has been a while.

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
        Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
        Some Lintha QCs
        A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

• Yeah, I think they said it was a thing.

Comment

• They did, we've talked about the viability of DB piloted Warstriders fighting kaiju Lunars.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Is Unslakable Thirst of the Devil-Maw inspired at all by Daolon Wong?

Comment

• Are High Realm and Low Realm speakers able to be understand eachother to some degree? Or would say, a Dynast have no clue what a Low Realm speaking merchant is saying to them.

Comment

• Robert Vance I have a solar brawl question about how ferocious jab interacts with Hanmer on Iron Technique. Do I pay the 1m in conjunction with the cost of Hammer on Iron or do I pay X motes where X is the number of attacks generated by HoI?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post
                    When Neomah shapechange into attractive people via Seductive Shapechange, the book says that "Its demonic nature remains recognizable". Given that they are supposed to function as courtesans, spies, geisha, etc. to what extent are they "passable" as people, and what kind of roll would it be to discern their demonic nature?
                    A neomah doesn't shapechange into an attractive person; it takes on specific traits but still looks like a neomah. An onlooker who can mistake a shapechanged neomah for a normal person is an onlooker who can mistake a non-shapechanged neomah for a normal person.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• So I have a couple of questions about the way the Dragon-Blooded keywords work with regards to upgrade charms. First, does using the upgrade charm negate all keywords from the base charm or only those that they expressly contradict? For example, Stone-Carving Fingers has the Balanced keyword, but Shaping Hand Style, which upgrades it, does not. Shaping Hands Style allows you to use any of the various elemental keywords with the charm but which one is used depends on what you're crafting. So if I was to use Shaping Hand Style to do some blacksmithing, I would be using the Fire aspect version of the charm. Would doing so cause me to fall out of Earth Aura since Shaping Hand Style doesn't have the Balanced keyword?

Second, Stone-Carving Fingers says that it only works for basic and major projects. Shaping Hands Style says it doesn't work for crafting artifacts and manses. A strict reading of these charms indicates that Stone-Carving Fingers would not allow you to use it on building a large scale mundane project, but Shaping Hand Style would. Is that right?

My Exalted Character Creation Tool may be downloaded here. The thread talking about the tool can be found here.
                      I have a rewrite of the craft system which can be downloaded here.

I like the Mesoamerican look.

Comment

• Quick question before it comes up in a game I'm in: let's say I use HoIT to generate four attacks and activate FHS on the last attack. Will that prevent the total onslaught penalty generated by all attacks (-4) from fading on the target's next turn or only the onslaught penalty added from the last attack (-1)?

Comment

• I just noticed for the first time that if you do character creation in the step by step order provided, you can't use any of your 15 starting charms to buy charms with ability requirements higher than 3. Is the step by step order more of a guideline, or are you supposed to use bonus points to get any charms you want with ability requirements higher than 3?

Comment

• On page 125 of the Core book at the end of the Bonus Points it says:
                            Note: You’re allowed to spend bonus points at any time
                            during character creation. For example, if you want to buy
                            a Charm during Step 5 but don’t have a high enough Ability
                            rating, you can go ahead and spend bonus points to bump
                            up the Ability then and there.
                            So it isn't a problem.

Edit: I am not seeing that same note in Dragon-Blooded after the Bonus Points rules, but there is a line in choosing charms that says:
                            Dragon-Blooded Charms each require a minimum rating in their
                            associated Ability — if you don’t have enough dots to qualify for a Charm you want,
                            you’ll need to spend Bonus Points to raise that Ability’s rating.
                            Last edited by Sequal; 04-12-2018, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by trebius View Post
                              I just noticed for the first time that if you do character creation in the step by step order provided, you can't use any of your 15 starting charms to buy charms with ability requirements higher than 3. Is the step by step order more of a guideline, or are you supposed to use bonus points to get any charms you want with ability requirements higher than 3?
                              On page 125 it says you can spend bonus points at any time and it does specifically state that you can use them to raise an Ability to meet Charm requirements.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_427_1523557539302_976[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Ah, that's good. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X