This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lanaya View Post
    Tagging on to the Erupting Fury Barrage questions, how do you activate damage-boosting charms separately for each attack if you don't know how many attacks you're making until after you've rolled dice, and therefore can no longer declare charms? Or is it only post-roll damage charms that have to be used separately?
    When you activate it, you declare Charms that enhance the first attack. After that, you start the second attack, declare Charms that enhance it, etc. etc.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
      So why is Heat-of-Battle Advance a Dodge Charm instead of Melee? For Dragon-Blooded, both are Fire.
      It's a statement about what the Dragon-Blooded are, conveyed through the way they use Dodge.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Thanks for the responses, guys! I have a few more questions ...

Are there siaka in the Dreaming Sea, or are they mostly a Great Western Ocean thing? What natural nasties might threaten those travelling the Sea? I'm taking Wyld-twisted horrors and the odd behemoth as a given.

What is the rough level of seafaring technology available to the Realm and to lesser maritime powers? What media should we look to for inspiration? The Age of Sail came considerably after the ancient-history basis of most of Creation, so pirate movies are even more anachronistic than usual as sources.

This is a subjective question that probably comes down to Storyteller call, but one I'd like to hear your thoughts on because it's very important: where in Creation can one go for a pizza? To put it another way, which region is most likely to develop pizza, wheat-based pasta and other features of real-world Italian cuisine, based on available resources, cultural factors, etc?

Currently running an Exalted 2.5 Abyssals game in a homebrew modern shard because I value neither my time or my sanity, and I'm loving almost every minute of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          It's a statement about what the Dragon-Blooded are, conveyed through the way they use Dodge.
          But can Solars use Nimble Reaving Wind without a sword, in a similar fashion to how they can use Thunderclap Rush Attack with a sword?

Edit: ignore me, the Charm clearly says that it does work for Brawl and MA attacks.
          Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 04-13-2018, 08:47 AM.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• So two questions, one of which I guess just got lost in the rush of more exciting talk of charms and the like :P So can speakers of High & Low Realm mostly figure out what the other is saying or would a Dynasty perhaps not understand what the Low Realm graffiti on her satrapial palace is saying? Another question, would it be possible to create a bond similar to a Sworn Brotherhood between a couple using sorcery?

Comment

• Do all reflexive reload charms/evocations (random exampleragon’s Scorching Breath evocation from Sekhem) allow Slow weapons to be used alongside charms that fire multiple attacks, or is that a unique aspect of Boughs of Burning Autumn (and any potential charms afterwards that specifically mention it). If it's unique to BoBA, are there any balance concerns or costs to making a charm or evocation with that effect?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scottsman View Post
                Do all reflexive reload charms/evocations (random exampleragon’s Scorching Breath evocation from Sekhem) allow Slow weapons to be used alongside charms that fire multiple attacks, or is that a unique aspect of Boughs of Burning Autumn (and any potential charms afterwards that specifically mention it). If it's unique to BoBA, are there any balance concerns or costs to making a charm or evocation with that effect?
                It's gotta specify.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                  So the Charm allows a neomah to become taller, smaller, thinner, or curvier in order to arrive at the facial and bodily dimensions that most appeal to a target?
                  Pretty much.

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                  I suppose it doesn't allow them to grow hair, as neomah don't have hair and the Charm doesn't allow them to not look like a neomah. Also because that would ruin the absurdity of their hairpins.
                  The book doesn't explicitly allow hair. But as Vance notes, it's probably fine to allow it at your table, on the understanding that it doesn't make the neomah look like something other than a neomah.

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                  But it probably allows them to change gender.
                  Gender change is explicitly permitted; it's the first thing on the list.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• When redirecting an attack towards an enemy with less than zero initiative using Safety Among Enemies, does his initiative subtract from the attacker's to determine how much I would need to have to activate the charm?

Comment

• Can multiple people learn and maintain evocations with the same Artifact, so they can trade wielding it back and forth?

It’s just something that strikes me as the 7the Legion would do with Warstrider pilots, so they can have duty rotation, if it’s possible.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                        Can multiple people learn and maintain evocations with the same Artifact, so they can trade wielding it back and forth?\
                        Unusual, but possible.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So. I don't think this had been asked...
                          When raising social influence, are you compelled to apply your best most applicable intimacy to raise your Resolve or can you 'save' it for the Decision Point?

Relatedly, when a Somewhat user's Steel Heart Stance to resist social influence, does the charm outright reject the influence completely without the need for applicable intimacy, or does it merely allow you to use the intimacy used to raise your Resolve in the Decision Point. Also doyou still need to spend the Willpower in the Decision Point, or is that covered by the cost ofthe charm?

Comment

• Originally posted by Amine Hsu View Post
                            So. I don't think this had been asked...
                            When raising social influence, are you compelled to apply your best most applicable intimacy to raise your Resolve or can you 'save' it for the Decision Point?
                            You can pick which one to apply where.

Relatedly, when a Somewhat user's Steel Heart Stance to resist social influence, does the charm outright reject the influence completely without the need for applicable intimacy, or does it merely allow you to use the intimacy used to raise your Resolve in the Decision Point. Also doyou still need to spend the Willpower in the Decision Point, or is that covered by the cost ofthe charm?
                            I read it as outright rejecting that influence without need to enter a Decision Point or spend additional Willpower.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                              You can pick which one to apply where.
                              Alright, cool. That's what I was hoping.
                              I read it as outright rejecting that influence without need to enter a Decision Point or spend additional Willpower.
                              Hrm, alright. That makes sense. I was just confused by the parts that says 'even if this means asserting the Intimacy that might have been used to raise her Resolve.' since it sounded like mechanical instruction, but I guess it's not meant to be read that way?

Comment

• Fully expecting the answer to be 'no', but it was an amusing mental image so I still want to share it:

Morning Rainfall the Dawn-caste makes a decisive attack against Fallen Leaf the Air-aspect, who uses Safety Among Enemies to redirect it to Rainfall's friend Serafina the Eclipse-caste.
                                Can Morning Rainfall use War Lion Stance to Defend Other Serafina against Rainfall's own attack?

Comment

Working...
                                X