Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Lookshyan Immaculates also conveniently not bother to correct people on what Solars and Lunars really are or is that just a Realm thing? What about the Pure Way?

Comment

• Are there any remaining members of fallen Great Houses besides Iselsi living in the Realm, or were those long enough ago that it's unlikely that anybody besides somebody who has managed to live to old age has endured? When a House gets stricken from the Imperial ledger, do children of any marriages from it go to the Great House regardless of the gender of their scion, or is it as simple as a fallen House being one that will never ever get a marriage prospect?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• I recall reading that the mechanics of the Fair Folk have yet to be determined, but have the rules on Wyld Exposure been determined? I know that there are several ways in core to protect yourself but I can't find anything on what happens if you aren't.

Comment

• What are the effects of sorcery in the silent legion? And what would be the ambition level of that working?

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
            Are there any remaining members of fallen Great Houses besides Iselsi living in the Realm, or were those long enough ago that it's unlikely that anybody besides somebody who has managed to live to old age has endured?
            Possibly; we haven't exhaustively detailed all fallen Great Houses, so there may be others that fell within a Dragon-Blooded lifetime ago.

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
            When a House gets stricken from the Imperial ledger, do children of any marriages from it go to the Great House regardless of the gender of their scion, or is it as simple as a fallen House being one that will never ever get a marriage prospect?
            A Great House that's stricken from the Imperial ledgers becomes a patrician family and is treated accordingly.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
              Possibly; we haven't exhaustively detailed all fallen Great Houses, so there may be others that fell within a Dragon-Blooded lifetime ago.

A Great House that's stricken from the Imperial ledgers becomes a patrician family and is treated accordingly.
              Are house Iselsi's remnants not bound to secrecy and pretending to be someone they aren't, now?

Comment

• Hmm. If you can build special MA styles to interact with Aura mechanics, why can’t you build more of them or artifacts or anything specifically to interact with Aura mechanics? Or can you, if you do it on purpose?

Comment

• I want to check my understanding of the Aura mechanic.

I can combo Unobstructed Hunter’s Aim, Sky-Calming Draw, and Life-Swelling Sap Strike to make a distract gambit out to long range, but I have to aim first and I don’t end up with an aura at the end of my turn. Is that correct?

Comment

• More archery questions.

Is the aim action needed to make a shot at medium+ range distinct from the one needed for Sky-Calming Draw? If not, if I’m in Air Aura, does that mean I can use Sky-Calming Draw to shoot people without aiming?

If I combo Drawing Lightning Style and Sky-Calming Draw, do I still have to spend an action aiming if I’m in Air aura?

Seven Year Swarm Volley sounds more like an extra action charm name to me, while Swallows Defend the Nest sounds ...well, defensive in nature. But their effects are the other way around. Can you explain the logic behind these names?

I’m a little confused why Arrow Rain Tempest is a Water charm sitting deep in a tree full of Wood charms. I’m assuming it’s because the charm is absurdly powerful, so making it amazingly difficult to set up is necessary, but is that the actual reason?

Comment

​Right, right, good. I was just thinking through some story ideas, and thought that fallen Houses might be useful for occasions in which one wants somebody who doesn't quite fit in the background implied by any of the Great Houses, while still being kinda, sorta higher ranked than even the typical Dragon Blooded patrician.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

​Right, right, good. I was just thinking through some story ideas, and thought that fallen Houses might be useful for occasions in which one wants somebody who doesn't quite fit in the background implied by any of the Great Houses, while still being kinda, sorta higher ranked than even the typical Dragon Blooded patrician.
                        If you're going with "kinda, sorta," then a cadet house Dragon-Blood might fit your requirements?

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

If you're going with "kinda, sorta," then a cadet house Dragon-Blood might fit your requirements?
                          ​Well, they're only concepts at the moment. The cadet Houses are great, but the scenarios I'm imagining are ones in which being native to the Blessed Isle makes the most sense.

Comment

• Question. How wide a brush did the Empress use with selecting magistrates? Could they be recruited from within another Imperial organization, like the Immaculate Order or Thousand Scales?

Comment

• So, I've been assuming I can 'smash' attack someone up, to have them fall down for fall damage. With the Earth Anima Flux, I'm worried this might be a misreading.

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Croakamancer View Post
                                Question. How wide a brush did the Empress use with selecting magistrates? Could they be recruited from within another Imperial organization, like the Immaculate Order or Thousand Scales?
                                The Empress chose magistrates wherever she pleased, but they were typically disgraced individuals whose loyalty she cemented by elevating them to the magistracy.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Working...
                                X