Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't seem to find an answer to this: does Poison's penalty apply to defenses and resolve/guile, or only actions taken?

Comment

• The new Realm Map looks great! I noticed three dominions are outlined in red; what does that mean?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Ten Thousand Dragons Fight As One - can I activate it on a character I already have a Defining Tie of Loyalty towards?

Evocations for the demonic tattoos gained from the Pact with Mara sorcerous initiation || Pyre-Kindler (Soulsteel and Red Jade Grimscythe, Artifact 3) || Tenebrous Descent (Stormcaller's Black Jade Reaver Daiklave cousin, Artifact 5)
        Advice for running the corebook shikari antagonists

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
          The new Realm Map looks great! I noticed three dominions are outlined in red; what does that mean?
          Those are the only three dominions (as opposed to prefectures); we defined their borders to give a sense of their scale.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• What's the difference between a Dominion and a Province? Something about how it's ruled?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Can a dragonblood with Soaring Zephyr Flight fly indefinately so long as they don't enter combat? Since the 4i a round to maintain explicitly says "in combat".

Does Eagle Wing Style's target have to be an opponent, or can it be any object, or even a arbitary but defined point. For example, can a Solar with Eagle Wing Style chose as their target "a point just above the high jump bar".

Comment

• Originally posted by wern212 View Post
                I can't seem to find an answer to this: does Poison's penalty apply to defenses and resolve/guile, or only actions taken?
                Poison penalties only apply to rolled actions.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by aluminiumtrioxid View Post
                  Ten Thousand Dragons Fight As One - can I activate it on a character I already have a Defining Tie of Loyalty towards?
                  Yeah. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
                    Can a dragonblood with Soaring Zephyr Flight fly indefinately so long as they don't enter combat? Since the 4i a round to maintain explicitly says "in combat".
                    An Elemental Aura only lasts until the end of the scene at most.

Does Eagle Wing Style's target have to be an opponent, or can it be any object, or even a arbitary but defined point. For example, can a Solar with Eagle Wing Style chose as their target "a point just above the high jump bar".
                    It's gotta be a flying character/vehicle/thing that the Storyteller deems close enough to count.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                      So, I've been assuming I can 'smash' attack someone up, to have them fall down for fall damage. With the Earth Anima Flux, I'm worried this might be a misreading.
                      Your assumption's incorrect.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Are the Grass Spiders all female? I noticed that the manuscript text calls them a “sisterhood of assassins”, but then the rest of the description seems to indicate both genders. Has the ‘inclusive language’ gone too far? I think it’s a bit weird to have almost 100% female pronouns throughout the books, but if the Grass Spiders are a mixed gender group, then calling them a ‘sisterhood’ is just downright confusing for no reason. For thousands of years, mixed groups have been ‘brotherhoods’, and in recent times we’ve been more inclusive and used more neutral descriptions, but to swing the other way completely just interferes with plain communication.

Host of The Deliberative Podcast
                        Owner/Admin of DeepWyld.com
                        Original Creator of the complete nWoD conversion of Fantasy Grounds 2

Comment

• Speaking of Earth and smashing...

Rolling Boulder Blow enhances a Brawl smashing attack, but "Unarmed" doesn't have the smashing tag, and there's no earlier Brawl Charm to enable Unarmed smashing attacks. Rules as written, this Charm is useless without equipping at least a cestus or using Fundament-Shattering Impact.

And this is assuming that Fundament-Shattering Impact is intended to allow a smashing attack even without a "weapon" that has the smashing tag.

I know the Charm is called Firmament-Shattering Impact, but that word refers to the Heavens, not the Earth.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by PneumaPilot View Post
                            Are the Grass Spiders all female? I noticed that the manuscript text calls them a “sisterhood of assassins”, but then the rest of the description seems to indicate both genders. Has the ‘inclusive language’ gone too far? I think it’s a bit weird to have almost 100% female pronouns throughout the books, but if the Grass Spiders are a mixed gender group, then calling them a ‘sisterhood’ is just downright confusing for no reason. For thousands of years, mixed groups have been ‘brotherhoods’, and in recent times we’ve been more inclusive and used more neutral descriptions, but to swing the other way completely just interferes with plain communication.
                            We use “brotherhood” all the time for gender mixed groups in reality. A culture with matriarchal norms would obviously use sisterhood the same way.

Note how previous editions called Sworn Kinships “Sworn Brotherhoods” precisely because of same real life patriarchal norms.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                              Speaking of Earth and smashing...
                              Rolling Boulder Blow enhances a Brawl smashing attack, but "Unarmed" doesn't have the smashing tag, and there's no earlier Brawl Charm to enable Unarmed smashing attacks. Rules as written, this Charm is useless without equipping at least a cestus or using Fundament-Shattering Impact.
                              Yeah, you gotta have a smashing weapon.

And this is assuming that Fundament-Shattering Impact is intended to allow a smashing attack even without a "weapon" that has the smashing tag.
                              Correct.

I know the Charm is called Firmament-Shattering Impact, but that word refers to the Heavens, not the Earth.
                              The use of "Firmament" alludes to the idea of hitting someone so forcefully they hit the dome of the sky and crack it.

Also, the fact that fundament is also used as a synonym for the butt makes it, uh, unlikely to see use in Charm names.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• This would probably be answered in the exigent book, but i still want to ask. What is the thing that makes DB charms less powerful that Solar ones?

One thing that we want to do when exigents come up is to try to put out PC DB in the power level of Solars and see creation burn.

Comment

Working...
                                X