This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    The use of "Firmament" alludes to the idea of hitting someone so forcefully they hit the dome of the sky and crack it.
    Except the fluff text uses the simile "like a meteor crashing down to earth", as of something from the heavens falling down, rather than any image of the victim rising to the heavens from the earth.

Also, the fact that fundament is also used as a synonym for the butt makes it, uh, unlikely to see use in Charm names.
    I have literally never heard of this until today. I had to confirm it was a thing through a Google dictionary search.

Also, do mundane smashing attacks really not render targets prone if you chose to knock them out of your range band? I always assumed smashing attacks all rendered targets prone, and you were merely choosing whether to keep them in your range band to continue beating on them without moving, or to move them away in order to create distance for safety or put them somewhere hazardous to their health.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

We use “brotherhood” all the time for gender mixed groups in reality. A culture with matriarchal norms would obviously use sisterhood the same way.

Note how previous editions called Sworn Kinships “Sworn Brotherhoods” precisely because of same real life patriarchal norms.
      I understand your reasoning, but I still don't know if what was meant to be communicated is that the Grass Spiders are all female or a mixed group. Some of the statements about raising children, etc. would have to be taken much differently depending on which way it comes down.

Original Creator of the complete nWoD conversion of Fantasy Grounds 2

Comment

• Considering that Creation is flat and doesn't rotate, with the Sun, Moon, and Stars moving around it instead, how often do eclipses occur? Are they predictable or just whenever Luna feels like bugging Sol?

Comment

• Is it intentional that Unquenchable Battle Passion lacks the Balanced keyword?

It seems most of the Dragon-Blooded Integrity Charms they might want to use in battle have the Balanced keyword, presumably because it would suck to lose Coiling Dragon Dance because you needed to guard your heart against an Anathema's poisoned-honey words in battle.

Even the Fire Signature Charm, Immolating Phoenix-Soul Fury, has the Balanced keyword.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by ale137 View Post
            This would probably be answered in the exigent book, but i still want to ask. What is the thing that makes DB charms less powerful that Solar ones?
            It's not just one thing. They have lower dice caps, smaller dice pools, don't get some of the more powerful effects that Solars have access to, and the Aura keyword means they can't use all of their most powerful Charms together at once.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Yeah. 10char

Is this a special function of the fact that an Intimacy has nowhere to go from Defining, or do I have the option to not increase my Intimacy but still benefit from the tasty tasty non-Charm dice when a Hearthmate I'm loyal to is in danger?

Evocations for the demonic tattoos gained from the Pact with Mara sorcerous initiation || Pyre-Kindler (Soulsteel and Red Jade Grimscythe, Artifact 3) || Tenebrous Descent (Stormcaller's Black Jade Reaver Daiklave cousin, Artifact 5)
              Advice for running the corebook shikari antagonists

Comment

• Originally posted by aluminiumtrioxid View Post

Is this a special function of the fact that an Intimacy has nowhere to go from Defining, or do I have the option to not increase my Intimacy but still benefit from the tasty tasty non-Charm dice when a Hearthmate I'm loyal to is in danger?
                The former.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Roots-of-the-World Meditation is a really strange Integrity charm. It heals damage, it cures disease, and your roll doesn't involve Integrity at all.

Could you maybe talk about this charm a bit? I'm confused as to why it's in Integrity instead of Resistance (I acknowledge that it can also fix Derangements, but that's only one of the things it can fix out of a stack of others), and why it's an Essence + Willpower (Temp) roll?

Comment

• So long story short, our Storyteller dropped some hooks about the whereabouts of Stormcaller. Now my treasure hunter Night, with help from our Twilight, wants to find the sword as a personal challenge and gift it to our circle's Dawn who is a practitioner of SPSItV because he saved my life numerous times and I legitimately believe that such a great swordsman deserves to wield the most powerful blade.

My question is how exactly will the blade interact with that particular martial art. I guess you do not literally need to draw and sheath the blade on each attack unless the charm explicitly mentions it (like activating the form as a Simple action or maybe Six-Demon Scabbard Binding), but still, there are some weird interactions. For example:

Can he use the swords initiative to satisfy the requirements for Stormcaller's evocations (eg If he uses Storm Binding: Lightning Cleaves the Heavens can he do it with the sword's initiative)?

Can Sleeping Devil, Wake! supplement decisive attacks from the sword as well as the character?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                      Also, do mundane smashing attacks really not render targets prone if you chose to knock them out of your range band?
                      Yep. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sequal View Post
                        Considering that Creation is flat and doesn't rotate, with the Sun, Moon, and Stars moving around it instead, how often do eclipses occur? Are they predictable or just whenever Luna feels like bugging Sol?
                        All I can say is that physics has nothing to do with it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                          Is it intentional that Unquenchable Battle Passion lacks the Balanced keyword?
                          Yep. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Jetstream View Post
                            Roots-of-the-World Meditation is a really strange Integrity charm. It heals damage, it cures disease, and your roll doesn't involve Integrity at all.

Could you maybe talk about this charm a bit? I'm confused as to why it's in Integrity instead of Resistance (I acknowledge that it can also fix Derangements, but that's only one of the things it can fix out of a stack of others),
                            Meditating to heal your body and drive out afflictions by force of inner discipline is very much evocative of Integrity (see Body-Restoring Benison), although those effects are also things Resistance can do.

and why it's an Essence + Willpower (Temp) roll?
                            Makes it so that you can't boost the roll with Excellencies, and adds some swinginess to it.

EDIT: Can't, not can.
                            Last edited by Robert Vance; 04-15-2018, 06:08 PM.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by blackheartz View Post
                              My question is how exactly will the blade interact with that particular martial art. I guess you do not literally need to draw and sheath the blade on each attack unless the charm explicitly mentions it (like activating the form as a Simple action or maybe Six-Demon Scabbard Binding), but still, there are some weird interactions.
                              No, you're literally drawing and sheathing it for Stormcaller's purposes every time you attack while int he form.

Can he use the swords initiative to satisfy the requirements for Stormcaller's evocations (eg If he uses Storm Binding: Lightning Cleaves the Heavens can he do it with the sword's initiative)?
                              If you use Simple Charms to make a decisive attack on the sword's turn (or just make a decisive attack normally on its turn), that attack uses the sword's Initiative.

Can Sleeping Devil, Wake! supplement decisive attacks from the sword as well as the character?
                              Yes, as can all compatible offensive effects.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Meditating to heal your body and drive out afflictions by force of inner discipline is very much evocative of Integrity (see Body-Restoring Benison), although those effects are also things Resistance can do.

Makes it so that you can boost the roll with Excellencies, and adds some swinginess to it.
                                Did you mean so you CAN’T boost it with excellencies?

Comment

Working...
                                X