This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jetstream View Post

Did you mean so you CAN’T boost it with excellencies?
    Whoops, yes I did.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      No, you're literally drawing and sheathing it for Stormcaller's purposes every time you attack while int he form.

If you use Simple Charms to make a decisive attack on the sword's turn (or just make a decisive attack normally on its turn), that attack uses the sword's Initiative.

Yes, as can all compatible offensive effects.
      Hmm, I guess that could cause some problems but still, I will find it and gift it to him

Comment

• Since Warstriders are armor and not vehicles, I assume that means that a Dragon-Blooded pilot's anima effects apply to it? A warstrider piloted by a Water Aspect can walk on water, an Air Aspect piloted warstrider can leap incredible distances and drift safely to the ground, etc etc?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
          Since Warstriders are armor and not vehicles, I assume that means that a Dragon-Blooded pilot's anima effects apply to it? A warstrider piloted by a Water Aspect can walk on water, an Air Aspect piloted warstrider can leap incredible distances and drift safely to the ground, etc etc?
          Yep. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Will we see a higher resolution version of the Blessed Isle map before the full book? It's hard to make out a lot of the names on it

Comment

• If my character is blind, can I use Feeling the Dragon’s Bones to negate most combat penalties for fighting while blind? Would you consider it reasonable for my character to be able to just have it going indefinitely, provided they never used non-Earth charms? Or would that need an upgrade charm?

Would an upgrade to All-Encompassing Earth Sense that let you keep the Air or Water versions up while in the appropriate Aura work? Maybe let the Air one work in non-enclosed spaces and the Water one work in mist/fog/gentle rain too?

What effect does Dragon’s Crushing Gaze actually have? Say there’s a stealthy person spying on me, I use this charm, I win the roll and now they lose one success. But...that doesn’t help me, because I won the roll already. Do other people get to reroll? Or are we supposed to remember the rolls everyone else got and they retroactively win if they only missed by one? How does it work?

Comment

• The Solar Charm Cards were rather handy for tracking charms in play. Are there are plans to produce Charm Cards for the Dragonblooded set too?

If so, please include visual cues for the Element, Balanced, and Aura keywords to make it easy to manage Elemental Auras.
                Corner-icons or some such.
                Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                Since Warstriders are armor and not vehicles, I assume that means that a Dragon-Blooded pilot's anima effects apply to it? A warstrider piloted by a Water Aspect can walk on water, an Air Aspect piloted warstrider can leap incredible distances and drift safely to the ground, etc etc?
                In addition, what about the
                pilot's anima flux? Considering that the pilot cannot be targetted by area effects, but can project them via applicable charms, does the fusilage block or channel the pilot's aura?
                Last edited by Greyman; 04-16-2018, 03:45 AM.

Comment

• Do any Martial Arts Styles other than the Immaculate Styles carry elemental keywords? I'm wondering if Righteous Devil Charms should retroactively be considered Fire charms for DBs...

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• I think these questions got missed a few pages back. Can you offer any insight into either?

What is the rough level of seafaring technology available to the Realm and to lesser maritime powers? What media should we look to for inspiration? Or what are some good non-fictional sources? I'm asking because my go-to image is pirate movies and they tend to be set considerably after the period that inspires many of Creation's cultures.

Where in Creation can one go for a pizza? To put it another way, which region is most likely to develop pizza, wheat-based pasta and other features of real-world Italian cuisine, based on available resources, climate, cultural factors, etc?

"Measure of Hope is right about everything." - Wise Old Guru

Currently running an Exalted 2.5 Abyssals game in a homebrew modern shard because I value neither my time or my sanity, and I'm loving almost every minute of it.

Comment

• Will all spells added in WFHW be elemental themed?

And will all artefacts be jade artifacts, or we will see things like I, I don´t know, a Ledaal armour made of moonsilver, or a Ragara direlance made with materials bought from Hell itself?

Comment

• Would it be inadvisable to write upgrade Charms that allow Currents Sweep out to Sea and Smashing Tidal Wave Technique to be used with sand and an Earth Aura?

I’d like Dragon-Blooded to get their Sabaku no Gaara on, but I don’t know if this would break whatever balance you intended Terrestrial Brawl to have between Water and Earth.

If it doesn’t break anything, then similar upgrades for using those Charms with plants would be great for Wood, though it might need set-up like Arbor Sentinel.

Speaking of which, does that Archery Charm work with any bow, or just those made of wood?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Would it ever make sense for a character to have more than one Resource Merit?
                          So, for example, a V'Neef Magistrate, would they have:
                          Resources 3 - Stipend
                          Resources 3 - Bribes and Salary
                          or
                          Resources 4 - Stipend, Bribes and Salary

Comment

• Originally posted by wern212 View Post
                            Would it ever make sense for a character to have more than one Resource Merit?
                            So, for example, a V'Neef Magistrate, would they have:
                            Resources 3 - Stipend
                            Resources 3 - Bribes and Salary
                            or
                            Resources 4 - Stipend, Bribes and Salary
                            You'd just have one Resources rating.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                              Would it be inadvisable to write upgrade Charms that allow Currents Sweep out to Sea and Smashing Tidal Wave Technique to be used with sand and an Earth Aura?

I’d like Dragon-Blooded to get their Sabaku no Gaara on, but I don’t know if this would break whatever balance you intended Terrestrial Brawl to have between Water and Earth.
                              I'd write separate Earth Brawl Charms that do stuff with sand instead.

Speaking of which, does that Archery Charm work with any bow, or just those made of wood?
                              It works with artifact bows. Flame pieces, too.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Clophiroth View Post
                                Will all spells added in WFHW be elemental themed?
                                Yep.

And will all artefacts be jade artifacts, or we will see things like I, I don´t know, a Ledaal armour made of moonsilver, or a Ragara direlance made with materials bought from Hell itself?
                                All are primarily jade, although some incorporate other materials.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X