This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
    Do any Martial Arts Styles other than the Immaculate Styles carry elemental keywords? I'm wondering if Righteous Devil Charms should retroactively be considered Fire charms for DBs...
    No. The Immaculate styles' harmonization with the elemental Essence of the Dragon-Blooded is a unique strength, made possible only by the assistance of legendary Sidereal sifus.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyman View Post
      The Solar Charm Cards were rather handy for tracking charms in play. Are there are plans to produce Charm Cards for the Dragonblooded set too?
      Not sure - production of physical products isn't really my wheelhouse.

Considering that the pilot cannot be targetted by area effects, but can project them via applicable charms, does the fusilage block or channel the pilot's aura?[/SIZE][/FONT]
      The pilot's flux works normally.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
        If my character is blind, can I use Feeling the Dragon’s Bones to negate most combat penalties for fighting while blind?
        All-Encompassing Earth Sense is the Charm you'd want to use for that, ideally with Feeling the Dragon's Bones committed to negate its cost.

Would you consider it reasonable for my character to be able to just have it going indefinitely, provided they never used non-Earth charms? Or would that need an upgrade charm?
        Elemental Auras end at the end of a scene.

Would an upgrade to All-Encompassing Earth Sense that let you keep the Air or Water versions up while in the appropriate Aura work?
        It'd be unnecessary - when you use an elemental variant of a Charm, its aspect becomes that of the element you're using.

What effect does Dragon’s Crushing Gaze actually have? Say there’s a stealthy person spying on me, I use this charm, I win the roll and now they lose one success. But...that doesn’t help me, because I won the roll already. Do other people get to reroll? Or are we supposed to remember the rolls everyone else got and they retroactively win if they only missed by one? How does it work?
        The latter.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So "scrying magic" is something that has been alluded to in the core book in sorcery, notably with Travel Without Distance, and with Terrestrial Circle Ambition 2 Workings as something you can ward against. However, there aren't any actual spells or working descriptions on how to actually scry.
          1. If I wanted to view or listen to someone across Creation, could that be done as a working? If so, what rough level?
          2. If it should be a spell, do you consider it appropriate to do a working in place of a spell that one doesn't know in general?
          Thanks, just looking into how to expand the concept of scrying in general in my games going forward. It's definitely something that's missing in sorcery, imo.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
          I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• If Wartstriders are considered armour, can you banish and summon them with Hauberk Summoning gesture?
            • Do you still gain the benefit of Hearthstones if you are socketed in banished equipment?
            • Does Unison's Meins have any meaningful interaction with Glorious Solar Plate, or do they simply apply as normal to the heavy artefact stat line?
            • The sidebar on page 116 of Arms states that some artefacts created using sorcery use workings that cost no experience; does this errata the workings for creating a Talisman of Ten Thousand Eyes, or do you still need an Ambition 1 working for that?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
              So "scrying magic" is something that has been alluded to in the core book in sorcery, notably with Travel Without Distance, and with Terrestrial Circle Ambition 2 Workings as something you can ward against. However, there aren't any actual spells or working descriptions on how to actually scry.
              1. If I wanted to view or listen to someone across Creation, could that be done as a working? If so, what rough level?
              2. If it should be a spell, do you consider it appropriate to do a working in place of a spell that one doesn't know in general?
              Thanks, just looking into how to expand the concept of scrying in general in my games going forward. It's definitely something that's missing in sorcery, imo.
              Single-use scrying is probably best done as a spell. Workings might be used to make a scrying pool/mirror, or give someone a prosthetic eye that you can then scry through.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Nilihum View Post
                If Wartstriders are considered armour, can you banish and summon them with Hauberk Summoning gesture?
                No.

[*]Do you still gain the benefit of Hearthstones if you are socketed in banished equipment?
                No.

[*]Does Unison's Meins have any meaningful interaction with Glorious Solar Plate, or do they simply apply as normal to the heavy artefact stat line?
                Each mien still applies its benefits normally.[*]The sidebar on page 116 of Arms states that some artefacts created using sorcery use workings that cost no experience; does this errata the workings for creating a Talisman of Ten Thousand Eyes, or do you still need an Ambition 1 working for that?[/LIST][/QUOTE]
                No, sorcerous relics are a class of their own.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• That sidebar was more about using a working to create exotic materials, wasn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    Single-use scrying is probably best done as a spell. Workings might be used to make a scrying pool/mirror, or give someone a prosthetic eye that you can then scry through.
                    1. Do you think a scrying spell could be done at Terrestrial level?
                    2. If I made a pool/mirror, would it be Terrestrial or Celestial? Terrestrial feels right since you can block it at that level, but worth asking
                    3. Have you made any scrying spells that we can expect to see in the future? (DBs or later)
                    Thank you as always for maintaining this wonderful thread.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                    I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

[LIST=1][*]Do you think a scrying spell could be done at Terrestrial level?
                      It's possible.

[*]If I made a pool/mirror, would it be Terrestrial or Celestial? Terrestrial feels right since you can block it at that level, but worth asking
                      Celestial at the least, I think.

[*]Have you made any scrying spells that we can expect to see in the future? (DBs or later)
                      Not in Dragon-Blooded, but I think some will show up.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

So "scrying magic" is something that has been alluded to in the core book in sorcery, notably with Travel Without Distance, and with Terrestrial Circle Ambition 2 Workings as something you can ward against. However, there aren't any actual spells or working descriptions on how to actually scry.
                        Also, when do, if any, Awareness Charms count as "scrying magics"? Some of the Dragonblood charms operate by displacing senses over substantial distances. Namely: Horizon Spanning Echoes, Serpent-of-the-Depths Discernment, and possibly Sense Riding Technique.

Comment

• I am reading The Book of the Three Circles for the first time, and saw that untamed Demesnes slowly mutate people and animals living around them.

Do they still do that in Third Edition?

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyman View Post
                            Also, when do, if any, Awareness Charms count as "scrying magics"? Some of the Dragonblood charms operate by displacing senses over substantial distances. Namely: Horizon Spanning Echoes, Serpent-of-the-Depths Discernment, and possibly Sense Riding Technique.
                            Sense-Riding Technique counts as scrying (as does displacing your senses through a familiar). Horizon-Spanning Echoes and Serpent-of-the-Depths Discernment aren't; they're just superhuman senses affirmed by Essence.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• okay, now you have made Tepet Fokuf regent twice, and i gotta ask, Why? why not mix it up this time with someone new? is there any twists coming this time? dont get me wrong, i like the idea of why fokuf is the regent. But he can be a bit hard to get 'personal' with, i would love for him to either have SOME skill or SOME ambition or screw something up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                                No, sorcerous relics are a class of their own.
                                Are artifacts like Zelator and Soulfarer phylacteries, or are they different from “sorcerous artifacts”?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Working...
                                X